Old 18-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Chinesetea

Default which is your favourite tea?

I grow up in Fujian Province, China. So my favourite is Oolong Tea,
especially Anxi Oolong Tea. To tell the truth, almost I could not bear
one day without tea, at home or in office. I also try many other teas
(green, flower, white, black tea), step by step, I am also very used to
the style and taste of Puer tea, even I like it. Sure, in this group,
everyone like tea, but which is your favourite tea? Green tea, Oolong
tea or puer tea? Why the tea attact you? What is your feelings? Could
anyone here shar it?

Enjoy tea, enjoy life.

Thanks

Lee

Http://www.mrentea.com

Old 18-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Mydnight

My favorite tea would have to be Longjing.

I drink Pu'er daily, and like you, I probably could not bear not being
able to drink my tea. I am currently living in Guangdong province, so
I'm close to Fangcun; easy to get good tea!!

Old 18-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Melinda

Hi Lee,

Well my favorite tea these days is red tea (specifically Assam variatals
from Maylasia) but also I really love green tea right now, specifically
kaihua long ding, huang shan mao feng, and bian cha. There are so many kinds
of green tea that it is really an adventure. Tea enlivens me, and I don;t
feel in as good a mood if I don't drink at least some every day.

I like oolong but have noticed that it gives me a stomach ache, I am not
sure why. I've just noticed it recently. I also like puer but don't drink it
as often. I like puer better in the evening.

Welcome to the group

Melinda

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."

We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
oups.com...

Old 18-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Rosco

I moved to Taiwan about 6 years ago and was first exposed to Oolong tea
at that time. The first couple of times I tried it I wasn't impressed -
very different from any tea I'd had before. But the taste has grown on
me and I now really appreciate being able to have good quality oolong
close at hand.

I find tea to be very refreshing in the afternoon and evening but I
still need my morning coffee...

Ross MacIver
http://www.teafromtaiwan.com/

Old 18-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Mydnight

I like oolong but have noticed that it gives me a stomach ache, I am not
sure why. I've just noticed it recently.

Wulong is relatively strong, especially the Taiwan teas like A Li Shan.
Try eating some crackers or some cookies before drinking the tea, and
it will probably help the pain. I also noticed that I would get a
stomach ache occasionally, but it was only when I didn't have something
on my stomach.

Old 18-08-2005, 07:47 PM
pilo_

In article .com,
"Chinesetea" wrote:

Sure, in this group,
everyone like tea, but which is your favourite tea? Green tea, Oolong
tea or puer tea? Why the tea attact you? What is your feelings?

While I love green tea, and drink it regularly, lately I've
been focused on oolong, prepared gong-fu style. In
the morning I'll make a small pot of green and place it
on a holder over a small flame, sipping it while I read
and answer email. In the afternoon while I'm practicing
the piano, I'll drink oolong. In the evening after dinner
I'll have more oolong, a different one. Tea keeps me
centered and content. It has become part of my daily
life, and I can't imagine a day without it. It is a source
of comfort and pleasure. The
river of tea is a wide one, and deep. We'll never
run out of new ones to try....................p*
Old 18-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Saunam

Too interesting a topic to pass on!

My favorite teas are thick body black Assams. Growing up in a tea
farming family in Assam has it's advantages : ) What I find here (in
the US) is that most Assam lovers tend to only differentiate teas based
on single estate. For us growers, we differentiate teas based on
variety (or single malt - as we like to call it). Assamese tea
varieties are cataloged by season and leaf size. My personal top three
are the medium leaf (TGFOP) from the spring harvest (first flush), the
smallest wholeleaf from summer harvest (second flush) if it's tippy,
even better! and the largest whole leaf from the summer harvest (which
we call Kama Black). I take my teas straight without any milk or sugar
- 2.5 grams per 8 oz. of water - steeped 3 to 5 minutes.

Tea keeps me alert and motivated. The two mugs of tea in the morning
gets me ready for the day, whereas the after dinner mug of tea gets me
ready for the night.

I am a sucker for good Darjeelings too ...as a nightcap!

Old 19-08-2005, 03:09 AM
Aloke Prasad

1st or second flush Darjeeling, without milk or sugar.
--
Aloke
----

Old 19-08-2005, 04:51 PM
toci

My choices are still in process. I do expect to drink sencha at least
twice a week. Toci

Old 19-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Chinesetea

Semi-fermented as Oolong tea it is, it still excites the stomach ache
if nothing in your stomach. So it's better not to drink too much green
oolong tea when you are in limosis or getting up in the morning, I
think its the same with green tea.But, for Oolong, I think if you drink
baked oolong tea, on the contrary, it still could safeguard and warm up
your stomach not matter you are hungry or getting up in the morning.
(The baked Oolong tea is similiar as puer tea, the reason it is not so
popular now is that people likes green colors (green leaf, light tea
soup, with beautiful vision enjoyment which people think they are green
food) and the "Yun" of Tie Guan Yin.So when you pay some attention to
the time of drinking oolong tea, it is really kind of enjoyment to take
cups of Oolong tea any time.The same time, Wuyi Mountain and Guang Dong
Oolong tea is still more heavy than Anxi Oolong in tea leaf color, soup
since they are more baked. So they are ok with your stomach. in
general, it is ok to drink any kind of tea any time, as long as you're
used to it, you can be used to it.It depends on you.

Thanks

Enjoy tea, enjoy life.

Lee

http://www.mrentea.com

Old 20-08-2005, 03:17 AM
Melinda

Thanks Lee...yeah, I don't ahve ny trouble with green tea at all, but for
some reason oolong is getting me. I haven't tried it much lately though, it
could very well be that I had an empty stomach.

Melinda

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."

We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
ups.com...

Old 20-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Nico

Semi-fermented as Oolong tea it is, it still excites the stomach ache
if nothing in your stomach.

I tried a raw pu-erh recently, which I really liked. It was definately
a mistake to have it on an empty stomach, though. I just felt vaguely
queezy, but my girlfriend had to lie down for a bit. This was a 1999.
For those of you looking to try relatively young pu-erh, I certainly
would encourage you both to try it AND to eat something beforehand.

As to my favorite teas, that's still a work in progress for me. It's a
lot harder to consistently get good tea in the US, especially if you're
on a budget like I am.

Aside from pu-ehr, I have really enjoyed oolong from Taiwan,
specifically dong ding and wen shan puchong (sp?). And for every day
drinking, I do enjoy some cooked pu-erh from the Vietnamese grocer,
suplemented with some chrysanthemum. Very refreshing.

Nico

Old 20-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Space Cowboy

If you're drinking Dong Ding and I guess Ali Shan from Taiwan you can't
be on much of a budget. Okay you can find cheap Tung Ting but not Ali
Shan. Puerh is still a good deal even from the websites compared to
the everyday shelf prices of my local tea shoppe. The best bargain are
the loose teas in ethnic markets. You can have your choice around
penny/gram and find something you like everyday. Black puer is
excellent on an empty stomach. It is low caffeine and will soothe the
hunger pains even though I drink it after a meal to abate the I'm not
full anxiety. I think you're making the green to strong. It will be
about a third of any Taiwan oolong. I use half as much green as any
black puer. I think any new tea taste can throw the stomach for a
loop. I can still barely tolerate WuYi Old Tree Rock tea.
Chrysanthemum is the Jasmine of Puerh. It's not needed.

Jim

Old 21-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Lara Burton

"Space Cowboy" wrote in message
oups.com...
snip
Black puer is
excellent on an empty stomach. It is low caffeine and will soothe the

snip

I've been wondering about this, I know the debate over caffeine content of
black (red) vs. oolong vs. green tea, but don't know much about pu er
caffeine content. As I can't really handle much caffeine in the late
afternoon to evening, I am interested in the caffeine content of pu er, both
green and black and cooked/ raw etc.

Does anyone know?

And what is the cause of the stomach upset with green pu er? Is it
caffeine?

thanks

Favourite Tea jsjohnsmith Tea 26 24-01-2014 09:49 AM
WHat is YOUR favourite drive-thru? PLucas1[_2_] General Cooking 33 02-03-2010 12:14 AM
my favourite bbq Peek Oil Barbecue 0 27-05-2008 10:13 PM
Favourite rub biig General Cooking 33 10-07-2006 06:21 AM