toci

Default Luzianne iced tea

is about the same as other grocery store teas made into iced tea. Not
better. Not worse. Probably not different, although I haven't made
any side-by-side comparisons. I do like the large teabag rather than a
bunch of small ones. I'm looking for something else now to make me
question my whole prior exsistence. Toci

Rob

I have never tried Luzianne. Recently, I was surprised to learn that
it is the second best-selliing brand of tea in the USA, behind Lipton.
Lately I have been making iced tea with Yorkshire Tea. I brew up a pot
of strong Yorkshire, pour it over ice and add a dash of lemon. No
sugar or any kind of sweetener. Nothing is more refreshing on a hot
summer day. Twinings Ceylon Orange Pekoe also makes a nice iced tea.

Rob

toci wrote:
> is about the same as other grocery store teas made into iced tea. Not
> better. Not worse. Probably not different, although I haven't made
> any side-by-side comparisons. I do like the large teabag rather than a
> bunch of small ones. I'm looking for something else now to make me
> question my whole prior exsistence. Toci

Peter Clifford

On 7 Aug 2005 06:10:53 -0700, "Rob" > wrote:

>Twinings Ceylon Orange Pekoe also makes a nice iced tea.

As does P. G. Tips
Peter
<><
Derek

On 7 Aug 2005 00:06:08 -0700, toci wrote:

> is about the same as other grocery store teas made into iced tea. Not
> better. Not worse. Probably not different, although I haven't made
> any side-by-side comparisons. I do like the large teabag rather than a
> bunch of small ones. I'm looking for something else now to make me
> question my whole prior exsistence. Toci

In my opinion, which is worth the paper on which it is written,
Luzianne is better than "other grocery store teas made into iced tea."
Although I haven't made side-by-side comparisons, I have had the
"moved to a place where you can't find Luzianne on the store shelves"
experience. The alternatives were all bad.

I, too, like the large teabags for making quarters. And I prefer the
decaffeinated version, which means I can have a glass at 8:00 PM
without affecting my sleep a couple of hours later.

We keep a perpetual pitcher of Luzianne in our fridge. But then, my
wife is from Virginia.
--
Derek

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -- Herbert Spencer
Scott Dorsey

toci > wrote:
>is about the same as other grocery store teas made into iced tea. Not
>better. Not worse. Probably not different, although I haven't made
>any side-by-side comparisons. I do like the large teabag rather than a
>bunch of small ones. I'm looking for something else now to make me
>question my whole prior exsistence. Toci

Pick any Ceylon BOP. The Uva-grown stuff is a little bit more robust
than some of the other Ceylon teas. Put it into a coffee filter, fold
it over, staple it shut. Voila, huge tea bag for making excellent
iced tea.
--scott

Rob

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> toci > wrote:
> Put it into a coffee filter, fold
> it over, staple it shut. Voila, huge tea bag for making excellent
> iced tea.
> --scott

That is a great idea! I will have to try that sometime. Finally a
chance to use those coffee filters that have been in my cupboard for
the past 5 years because I never drink the stuff!!

I am much less picky about iced tea than I am about hot tea. Teas that
I would never drink hot seem to be satisfactory for iced tea. When I
am tired of a particular tea, it gets relegated to "iced tea" status.

Rob

Lewis Perin

"Rob" > writes:

> Scott Dorsey wrote:
> > Put it into a coffee filter, fold it over, staple it shut.
> > Voila, huge tea bag for making excellent iced tea.
> > --scott

> That is a great idea! I will have to try that sometime. Finally a
> chance to use those coffee filters that have been in my cupboard for
> the past 5 years because I never drink the stuff!!
>
> I am much less picky about iced tea than I am about hot tea. Teas that
> I would never drink hot seem to be satisfactory for iced tea. When I
> am tired of a particular tea, it gets relegated to "iced tea" status.

I think there's a limit to the acuity of your sense of taste when your
mouth is near zero Celsius.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Obdoakes

Lewis Perin wrote:

> I think there's a limit to the acuity of your sense of taste when your
> mouth is near zero Celsius.

That is my explanation for mass produced American Beer and why those
that drink it insist it be "ice cold". When it's that cold you can't
taste it.
Space Cowboy

I go into my favorite deli and drink iced tea. Big glasses, lots of
ice, lemon or lime and all the time in the world finishing a Yankee
homerun of pastrami,corn beef,reuben. You have to get there by noon
because by 2pm the urn is empty and no employee seems to know how to
refill it. It could be worse where the McD urn is always empty. I
stopped in a so called New York pizza by the slice joint recently. No
menu just chalk on a blackboard. I ordered thin sliced neopolitan and
my lifelong sweetheart of a wife thick sliced sicilian. Lots of gooey
cheese with oily balsamic crusts. Yummy. No fountain tea just the
stuff in the cans. The iced water wasn't bad. It didn't cost
anything. We specifically let the owner know we won't be back till the
minimum of unsweetened Lipton spewed from a cannister with carbonated
water. At least you don't have to worry about some employee refilling
it. Better than nothing. He said check back in a month. Apparently
real New Yorkers drink everything out of a can. My local tea shoppe
finished another three day sale. I did't camp out Thursday night.
There was no reason for me to be first in line. He was cleaned out by
late Sunday afternoon. The tables were full. I think business is so
good I am just another customer because the owners weren't there and
the help warned me about taking a cup with no lid. I ordered a citrus
jasmine oolong. You can't get away from the jasmine. Just like a
cheap perfume for a classy lady.

Jim

toci wrote:
> is about the same as other grocery store teas made into iced tea. Not
> better. Not worse. Probably not different, although I haven't made
> any side-by-side comparisons. I do like the large teabag rather than a
> bunch of small ones. I'm looking for something else now to make me
> question my whole prior exsistence. Toci

Lewis Perin

"Space Cowboy" > writes:

> [...Denver deli tea practice...]
> Apparently real New Yorkers drink everything out of a can.

Not this one.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

Rob

Space Cowboy wrote:
> No fountain tea just the stuff in the cans. The iced water wasn't bad. It didn't cost
> anything. We specifically let the owner know we won't be back till the
> minimum of unsweetened Lipton spewed from a cannister with carbonated
> water. At least you don't have to worry about some employee refilling
> it. Better than nothing. He said check back in a month. Apparently
> real New Yorkers drink everything out of a can

> Jim

I don't understand why more places don't offer fresh-brewed iced tea.
They could charge the same as they do for the canned stuff and it would
be a lot more profit in their pockets. Surely it isn't THAT much
trouble for them to steep a pitcher of water with some teabags in the
fridge overnight?

Rob

Rob

Space Cowboy wrote:
> No fountain tea just the stuff in the cans. The iced water wasn't bad. It didn't cost
> anything. We specifically let the owner know we won't be back till the
> minimum of unsweetened Lipton spewed from a cannister with carbonated
> water. At least you don't have to worry about some employee refilling
> it. Better than nothing. He said check back in a month. Apparently
> real New Yorkers drink everything out of a can

> Jim

I don't understand why more places don't offer fresh-brewed iced tea.
They could charge the same as they do for the canned stuff and it would
be a lot more profit in their pockets. Surely it isn't THAT much
trouble for them to steep a pitcher of water with some teabags in the
fridge overnight?

Rob

Rob

Space Cowboy wrote:
> No fountain tea just the stuff in the cans. The iced water wasn't bad. It didn't cost
> anything. We specifically let the owner know we won't be back till the
> minimum of unsweetened Lipton spewed from a cannister with carbonated
> water. At least you don't have to worry about some employee refilling
> it. Better than nothing. He said check back in a month. Apparently
> real New Yorkers drink everything out of a can

> Jim

I don't understand why more places don't offer fresh-brewed iced tea.
They could charge the same as they do for the canned stuff and it would
be a lot more profit in their pockets. Surely it isn't THAT much
trouble for them to steep a pitcher of water with some teabags in the
fridge overnight?

Rob

crymad

Lewis Perin wrote:
> "Space Cowboy" > writes:
>
>> [...Denver deli tea practice...] Apparently real New Yorkers
>> drink everything out of a can.

> Not this one.

Oh, Mr. Fancy Pants New Yorker needs a _glass_ for his Pabst.
Shall we break out the linen cocktail napkins too, fine Sir?

--crymad
Space Cowboy

It was a big glass cooler with every soda,water,juice a New Yorker on
the go could want. It was the time of day with the light coming in
from the street reflecting off the glass so you couldn't see anything.
I was lucky to decipher the pizza by the slice off the chalkboard which
gave me A Beautiful Mind headache. A neat little place actually except
for bussing your own tables which also seems typical.

Jim

Lewis Perin wrote:
> "Space Cowboy" > writes:
>
> > [...Denver deli tea practice...]
> > Apparently real New Yorkers drink everything out of a can.

> Not this one.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Lewis Perin

crymad > writes:

> Lewis Perin wrote:
> > "Space Cowboy" > writes:
> >
> >> [...Denver deli tea practice...] Apparently real New Yorkers
> >> drink everything out of a can.

> > Not this one.

> Oh, Mr. Fancy Pants New Yorker needs a _glass_ for his Pabst.
> Shall we break out the linen cocktail napkins too, fine Sir?

Is it *good* linen?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
crymad

Lewis Perin wrote:
> crymad > writes:

>>>Not this one.

>>Oh, Mr. Fancy Pants New Yorker needs a _glass_ for his Pabst.
>>Shall we break out the linen cocktail napkins too, fine Sir?

> Is it *good* linen?

Good? They're positively darling!

http://greatlookz.zoovy.com/c=xjF6QR...uct/3FLLA650CO

--crymad

Which tee is good test-Arizona Diet Green Iced Tea & Arizona Diet Lemon Iced Tea? Scott Dorsey Tea 0 07-12-2011 09:12 PM
My love for Luzianne Dominic T. Tea 3 16-04-2009 05:33 PM
Iced tea Fran Tea 0 09-12-2007 01:37 AM
Iced tea? Rich Tea 12 17-10-2006 02:30 AM
Iced tea Me General Cooking 12 06-07-2005 03:58 PM