Scott Dorsey

Default Thai tea

Melinda asks about Thai teas that are _other_ than the orange powdered
stuff. It turns out, upon more careful inspection, that most of the
tea sold in Thailand is imported from Assam. Actual tea production is
very limited, and pretty much all black tea.

My friend upcountry sent me some locally grown black tea, and Melinda,
if you want some I'll mail you an ounce. It's not really anything to
write home about. Sorry, no naked guys, although if you find yourself
in Chiang Mai I can give you a phone number. He's kind of cute if a bit
soft around the edges.
--scott

Melinda

Sounds interesting Scott, I'll drop you a line offlist.

Melinda

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."

We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
> Melinda asks about Thai teas that are _other_ than the orange powdered
> stuff. It turns out, upon more careful inspection, that most of the
> tea sold in Thailand is imported from Assam. Actual tea production is
> very limited, and pretty much all black tea.
>
> My friend upcountry sent me some locally grown black tea, and Melinda,
> if you want some I'll mail you an ounce. It's not really anything to
> write home about. Sorry, no naked guys, although if you find yourself
> in Chiang Mai I can give you a phone number. He's kind of cute if a bit
> soft around the edges.
> --scott

samarkand

"Melinda" > wrote in message
> Sounds interesting Scott, I'll drop you a line offlist.
>
> Melinda

Hmmm...which one sounds interesting? The tea or the guy? Haha!

There's also oolong tea that's locally grown in upstate Thailand, near the
border. You might like to hunt around for that for some sampling too. I
used to have a bag lying around but some friends kidnapped it...

:"P

Danny

Scott Dorsey

samarkand > wrote:
>"Melinda" > wrote in message
>> Sounds interesting Scott, I'll drop you a line offlist.
>>
>> Melinda
>>

>Hmmm...which one sounds interesting? The tea or the guy? Haha!
>
>There's also oolong tea that's locally grown in upstate Thailand, near the
>border. You might like to hunt around for that for some sampling too. I
>used to have a bag lying around but some friends kidnapped it...

Upon inspection, the "black" tea which I was given does taste a lot more
like an oolong than a well-fermented black tea. And it is grown up north.
--scott