toci

Default Teas for autumn

I have a bunch of samplers- Assam, English Breakfast, 2 green (sencha),
2 white (shou mei), tiquanyin, and tung ting. Anything else I need
before I start choosing? That's for autumn/winter. For August I'm
drinking refrigerator tea in some combos of black tea and fruit
flavoring.... Toci

David M. Harris

toci wrote:
> I have a bunch of samplers- Assam, English Breakfast, 2 green (sencha),
> 2 white (shou mei), tiquanyin, and tung ting. Anything else I need
> before I start choosing? That's for autumn/winter. For August I'm
> drinking refrigerator tea in some combos of black tea and fruit
> flavoring.... Toci

I like a smoky tea in the cooler weather.

dmh
toci

Which ones? Toci

toci

Which ones? Toci

Melinda

Oh hey, maybe a keemun?

It's interesting...I am just starting to enter my first full year cycle of
drinking tea regularly and hadn't thought before of how the season affects
my tea drinking other than Christmas type teas...

Do you care for autumn darjeelings toci? I haven't had them yet but wonder
if I should try one. But the autumn oolongs are good choices I think.

Melinda

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."

We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
"David M. Harris" > wrote in message
> toci wrote:
>> I have a bunch of samplers- Assam, English Breakfast, 2 green (sencha),
>> 2 white (shou mei), tiquanyin, and tung ting. Anything else I need
>> before I start choosing? That's for autumn/winter. For August I'm
>> drinking refrigerator tea in some combos of black tea and fruit
>> flavoring.... Toci
>>

> I like a smoky tea in the cooler weather.
>
> dmh

Marlene Wood

I know what you mean Melinda. I can't seem to bring myself to drink anything
darker than a green this summer. We've been reaching 100's regularly. Blacks
seem to kick up my internal thermostat a couple of degrees for several
hours. Greens don't seem to have that effect. So it's been green and white
tea for the past month and a half!

Marlene

> It's interesting...I am just starting to enter my first full year cycle of
> drinking tea regularly and hadn't thought before of how the season affects
> my tea drinking other than Christmas type teas...
>
> Do you care for autumn darjeelings toci? I haven't had them yet but wonder
> if I should try one. But the autumn oolongs are good choices I think.
>
> Melinda
>
> --
> "I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
> and Henry knows we know it."
>
> We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
> "David M. Harris" > wrote in message
>> toci wrote:
>>> I have a bunch of samplers- Assam, English Breakfast, 2 green (sencha),
>>> 2 white (shou mei), tiquanyin, and tung ting. Anything else I need
>>> before I start choosing? That's for autumn/winter. For August I'm
>>> drinking refrigerator tea in some combos of black tea and fruit
>>> flavoring.... Toci
>>>

>> I like a smoky tea in the cooler weather.
>>
>> dmh

toci

A keemun sounds like a good bet for breakfast. Maybe in
November,unless I improbably fall in love with English Breakfast. I've
been sort of disappointed with my last two darjeelings, but haven't
tried an autumn one. I think I'm going over to greens or oolongs for
my late morning early afternoon teas. A report on Constant Comment as
an iced tea- I'd suggest saving it to have hot during Advent. Toci

toci

The heat is why I'm brewing tea in the refrigerator these days. I've
just used up a box of Celestial Seasoning lemon ice. Toci

David M. Harris

toci wrote:
> Which ones? Toci

Fortnum and Mason Russian Caravan, when I can get it; otherwise, the
same from Upton. I don't know much about Lapsang Souchongs, and seem to
like nearly all of them, so I can't make much of a recommendation there.
Some of the top Keemuns taste smoky to me, too. Silver Tip also has
some interesting smoky blends.

dmh

Getting together my teas for autumn toci Tea 3 02-09-2014 06:04 PM
Hot tea for autumn toci Tea 3 25-09-2013 10:50 PM
Now that autumn is here... Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 5 14-10-2011 05:31 AM
Industry Packed teas or loose teas? STJones Tea 5 06-02-2006 02:24 PM
What I did on my autumn vacation... Jack Schidt® General Cooking 12 23-10-2003 04:26 AM