Melinda

Default Tea, dammit!

I've heard people say tea won WW2 for the Brits...here we go again.

http://watleyreview.com/2005/072605-1.html

(satire..er..in case you didn't get that)

--
"I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
and Henry knows we know it."

We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter

Scott Dorsey

In article >,
Melinda > wrote:
>I've heard people say tea won WW2 for the Brits...here we go again.
>
>http://watleyreview.com/2005/072605-1.html
>
>(satire..er..in case you didn't get that)

I addressed this a few years ago in a previous thread:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...08755b8?hl=en&
--scott

Space Cowboy

Can the followers of Wu-Wo Cha be that far behind:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ysia_cult_dc_1

Jim

Melinda wrote:
> I've heard people say tea won WW2 for the Brits...here we go again.
>
> http://watleyreview.com/2005/072605-1.html
>
> (satire..er..in case you didn't get that)
>
> --
> "I know. You know I know. I know you know I know. We know Henry knows,
> and Henry knows we know it."
>
> We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter

Ozzy

"Melinda" > wrote in news:11ej6arnto1j990
@corp.supernews.com:

> I've heard people say tea won WW2 for the Brits...here we go again.
>
> http://watleyreview.com/2005/072605-1.html
>
> (satire..er..in case you didn't get that)

Somehow it seems that the difference between the Watley's & Reuters'
pieces is one of emphasis, not kind, despite the fact that one happened
and the other didn't (sllegedly).

BTW, Scott, in your thread of years ago you forgot about the coffee-
drinking Arabs and Berbers taking North Africa & Spain away from the
watered-down wine drinking East Romans and beer-drinking Visigoths. Or
for that matter how, in later centuries, the strong-coffee Turks whittled
away at the remnants of the old Roman (Byzantine) Empire (who had switched
to perfumed wine as their favorite tiple), finally taking their capitol
(Constantinople, now Istambul) in 1453.

Maybe the relationship is between national drinks and military might is
slightly more complex:

Tea > Coffee > non-distilled alcohol :-))

Ozzy

Melinda wrote:
> I've heard people say tea won WW2 for the Brits...here we go again.

I've heard folks say it was the Americans ??

dammit Somebody General Cooking 104 01-10-2012 07:08 AM
God Dammit, how many times...? Andy[_2_] General Cooking 52 26-08-2008 11:07 AM
Dammit, I did it again merryb General Cooking 3 13-03-2007 02:47 AM
I'm back! And there is ONLY one of me, dammit Goomba38 General Cooking 56 21-08-2004 10:39 PM