Mike Fulton

Default Keemun Tea

I have recently just aquired some teas after the Fourth of July
holiday. I received my order of Hu-Kwa Lapsang Souchong from Wendell,
and I am drinking it right now. While I think that RoT L.S. has more of
a smoky scent, I like the depth of flavor this provides. Once I finish
ths 113 gram tin, I am going to go for their China Lapsang Souchong.

Giving Earl Grey a second chance, I decided to purchase a tin of
Twinings E.G. at H.E.B. I must admit, after a few cups it is starting
to grow on me - it is not burgamot soup like Bigalow and it doesn't
taste as nearly as bad as its bagged cousin. I can actually smell the
melange of the tea and the burgamot, which i find is a good thing.

But along with the Earl Grey, I picked up some Prince of Wales...and
let me tell you, I have fallen in love with black chinese tea all over
again. The dark, rich, almost malty flavor is something I love as a
Lapsang souchong drinker. My girlfriend, whose tea consumption doesn't
extend much beyond tisanes for fear of something upsetting her
diabetes, loves it as well...and she prefers a cup after lunch with a
bit of sweetener, while I on the other hand prefer it clear.

My query for all those more enlightened about tea than I am is this -
can I obtain some history on this particular blend, or keemun tea in
general? I'd be much obliged.

pilo_

In article .com>,
"Mike Fulton" > wrote:

> My query for all those more enlightened about tea than I am is this -
> can I obtain some history on this particular blend, or keemun tea in
> general? I'd be much obliged.

Get creative with google.com. You can find
a ton of info on keemun teas.

glad you like the hu-kwa - it's a class act......
Mike Fulton

Oh, I absolutely love the hu-kwa. To be honest, I think it has become
my favorite blend of tea thusfar.

So far I have expanded my tea drinking beyond keemun. Just this past
week my girlfriend gave me a box of Twinings English Breakfast, and to
be honest with you, I didn't much care for it. Perhaps because in the
mornings I normally either drink Earl Grey, Lapsang Souchong, or
Coffee, but I found the tannins to be too overwelming, and I couldn't
enjoy the flavor of the tea like I do with Earl Grey or Keemun. I have
thought about giving darjeeling a try when I run out of the 100g tins
of PoW and EG, but I have heard that if you don't like English
Breakfast, you want like darjeeling.

Keemun Ripon Tea 17 17-04-2009 02:54 AM
Old Keemun Alan Petrillo Tea 29 25-06-2007 03:00 PM
qi-men red tea vs keemun... SN Tea 5 29-08-2006 07:06 PM
Keemun jenandcleo Tea 16 27-06-2006 12:25 AM
Assam like a Keemun? Melinda Tea 2 08-07-2004 09:37 AM