FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Someone to write about tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/64471-someone-write-about-tea.html)

macaonghus 04-07-2005 09:29 PM

Someone to write about tea

I need someone knowledgeable about tea who would like to write content
for a new website. Let me know if you are interested.

Michael Plant 05-07-2005 11:20 AM

7/4/05

> I need someone knowledgeable about tea who would like to write content
> for a new website. Let me know if you are interested.

Would you like to talk about fees?

Michael

Eric Jorgensen 05-07-2005 10:49 PM

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 10:20:02 GMT
Michael Plant > wrote:

> 7/4/05
>

> > I need someone knowledgeable about tea who would like to write content
> > for a new website. Let me know if you are interested.
> >

> Would you like to talk about fees?

Maybe they'll pay you in stock options?

Bluesea 06-07-2005 04:48 AM

"macaonghus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I need someone knowledgeable about tea who would like to write content
> for a new website. Let me know if you are interested.

What kind of content and what do you pay?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Space Cowboy 06-07-2005 02:39 PM

One review fits all. It's your tastebuds. Your wallet just determines
how many kilos you can order from China. I will say a kilo bag of
Yunnan black gold makes me feel like I should start my own cartel.

Jim

[email protected] 07-07-2005 06:55 AM

I am a tea sommelier with one of the largest premium tea distributor
outside of China. If you are serious about tea contents and the right
contents, email me at .

Greg Lui

Michael Plant 07-07-2005 11:47 AM

om7/7/05

.

> Greg Lui

Greg,

Is "Greg.thepunisher" an indication of the level of your professionalism in
this regard?

Michael

Space Cowboy 07-07-2005 02:50 PM

Don't worry about monikers the real clue is 'tea sommelier' because
there is no such accreditation besides self aggrandizement. Travelogue
on CCTV last night explored the Honghe Province in Yunnan. Those
mountainous stepped rice paddies were impressive:
http://www.cctv.com.cn/program/trave...01/index.shtml
Nothing I see in the schedule for exploring other parts of Yunnan.
>From what I understand Yunnan is still the wild wild west.

Jim

.

TeaDave 08-07-2005 05:02 AM

I might be willing to write some text, but I would need more details.

TeaDave 09-07-2005 04:32 AM

I might be willing to write some text, but I would need some more
information

tamkatie 15-07-2005 07:49 PM

"Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Don't worry about monikers the real clue is 'tea sommelier' because
> there is no such accreditation besides self aggrandizement.

oooooo this is a bit mean. My local tea shop is going to start a "tea
sommelier" program which I am thinking of doing... hmm...

Katie Tam

[email protected] 17-07-2005 07:22 AM

Wow! I just thought I'd see what people were discussing about tea.
What's with all the wild replies? I was the first person named a tea
sommelier and while I never asked for the title, it did reflect my
credentials and professional activities. I still train and consult for
multinational tea and hospitality companies.

Anyway, what does macaonghus have in mind?

Scott Dorsey 17-07-2005 02:12 PM

> wrote:
>Wow! I just thought I'd see what people were discussing about tea.
>What's with all the wild replies? I was the first person named a tea
>sommelier and while I never asked for the title, it did reflect my
>credentials and professional activities. I still train and consult for
>multinational tea and hospitality companies.

Hey, if they can have "dope sommeliers" in Amsterdam, I don't see why not.
--scott

Mike Petro 18-07-2005 11:34 AM

On 16 Jul 2005 23:22:02 -0700, wrote:

>Wow! I just thought I'd see what people were discussing about tea.
>What's with all the wild replies? I was the first person named a tea
>sommelier and while I never asked for the title, it did reflect my
>credentials and professional activities. I still train and consult for
>multinational tea and hospitality companies.

Hmmm, Sommelier, OK, how high is the bar set to obtain that title?
Why would anyone pay $45 for an unknown type of puerh from an unknown
factory made from unknown leaf? I would expect any Tea professional to
give a better description of puerh than you do on the 2 you sell. You
don't even list the most basic of information like whether it is shu
or sheng, and the two are vastly different. I would also expect to see
the factory listed that produced the cake and preferably where the
leaf was harvested like Yiwu or Nannuo, not to mention whether it is
cultivated or wild leaf. No knowledgeable person would ever buy puerh
based on your descriptions.

Mike
http://www.pu-erh.net
Mike Petro
http://www.pu-erh.net
"In this work, when it shall be found that much is omitted, let it not be forgotten that much likewise is performed."
Samuel Johnson, 1775, upon finishing his dictionary.

Michael Plant 19-07-2005 11:14 AM

7/15/05 14:49tamkatie_at_rogers.com

> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Don't worry about monikers the real clue is 'tea sommelier' because
>> there is no such accreditation besides self aggrandizement.

> oooooo this is a bit mean. My local tea shop is going to start a "tea
> sommelier" program which I am thinking of doing... hmm...
>
> Katie Tam

Kattie,

Not mean at all, just realistic. It's essentially a money making scam, and
an unfortunate way commercial people have of establishing a mediocre
standard in order to sell more mediocre tea. Sorry, but that's my view, and
I agree with Jim.

You want to gain tea experience? Drink tea, and drink tea with others who
know tea. Stay clear of titles and people who charge for the privilege of
their company.

Michael

Michael

Michael Plant 19-07-2005 11:16 AM

7
/17/05

> Wow! I just thought I'd see what people were discussing about tea.
> What's with all the wild replies? I was the first person named a tea
> sommelier and while I never asked for the title, it did reflect my
> credentials and professional activities. I still train and consult for
> multinational tea and hospitality companies.

And what pray tell are your credentials and professional activities? Wait,
wait, don't tell me; just tell me what tea you drink and talk about it.

Michael