Rob

Default Does anyone know what this means?

Some of these teas are apparently available in "Constanta bags." Does
anyone know what that means? I did quick Google search and all I came
up with was that Constanta was a type of machine used for making tea
bags. But why would anyone care what kind of machine their tea bags
were made on, and why would the vendor think this was worthy of noting
on their website?

http://tinyurl.com/bbvqt

toci

I tried msn. Constanta bags seem to be the traditional bag with a
staple, but that's not clear. One company referred to bags as "value
added." Toci

Anna

I found that they are made from cotton, if that helps.

"toci" > wrote in message
oups.com...
|I tried msn. Constanta bags seem to be the traditional bag with a
| staple, but that's not clear. One company referred to bags as "value
| added." Toci

hlgaw51

This will tell you a little about the history of constanta machines.
www.teepack.com/cont_en/ueberuns/history.html

Constanta Tea bags are not made from cotton

Scott Dorsey

In article .com>,
hlgaw51 > wrote:
>This will tell you a little about the history of constanta machines.
>www.teepack.com/cont_en/ueberuns/history.html
>

>Constanta Tea bags are not made from cotton

So, Constanta bags are the standard double-chamber bags as used by
Lipton and crew, rather than the flat square or round bags as used
by Bewley's?
--scott

Rob

>>So, Constanta bags are the standard double-chamber bags as used by
Lipton and crew, rather than the flat square or round bags as used
by Bewley's?<<

So it would appear. I wonder why Twinings even felt the need to make
mention of this because all of their bagged US teas are in
double-chamber bags.

Equally interesting is the fact that Lipton claims to be be the
inventor of the double-chamber "flo-thru" bag.

As an aside, I dislike the double-chamber bags because they are stapled
shut rather than sealed, and sometimes they have a tendency to come
undone or let some of the tea leaves leak out when hit with boiling
water.

Thanks to everyone who answered.

Rob