FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   I am a new reader of this forum friom China (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/64320-i-am-new-reader.html)

Mundell.Roll 03-07-2005 05:58 PM

I am a new reader of this forum from China

Hello,I am new reader of this forum.
I am study tea in Zhejiang University.
I am want to learn more about world tea besides China tea.
hope can discuss teas with you all
Thanks

Mundell

pilo_ 03-07-2005 08:08 PM

In article >,
Mundell.Roll > wrote:

> Hello,I am new reader of this forum.
> I am study tea in Zhejiang University.
> I am want to learn more about world tea besides China tea.
> hope can discuss teas with you all
> Thanks

hello mundell - welcome. you study tea
at university? wow - can you tell us more
about that..? .......................................p*

Mydnight 04-07-2005 03:35 AM

I'm heading to zhejiang in a about half a month to go hang out in
Suzhou and Hangzhou, send me an email, maybe we can go have tea!

Michael Plant 04-07-2005 12:37 PM

7/3/05

> Hello,I am new reader of this forum.
> I am study tea in Zhejiang University.
> I am want to learn more about world tea besides China tea.
> hope can discuss teas with you all
> Thanks
>
> Mundell

Mundell,

Indeed welcome. I think it's fantastic that you're going to bring your
study experience here. Could you tell us more about it? Are there actually
classes and courses for credits as we would expect in a Western university?
What about the theoretical and the practical aspects of tea that you study?
What about the agriculture and horticulture on the one hand, and the tasting
and serving on the other? I would like to get the flavor of the university
study. Again, welcome.

May I ask where you are from, and how you became interested in tea in the
first place?

Michael

Mundell.Roll 10-07-2005 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Plant

Hi,Man,

In the Univercity,There is a department of tea. We have to learn tea taste, tea process,tea art,tea history and culture.

Before study tea in university, I am familiar with the Lung Ching.In tea course, I learn there are so many kind of tea in China from difference province.Green tea, White tea, Oolong tea and black tea. Green tea is unfermented tea,White tea and Oolong tea are semi-fermented tea.Black tea is full fermented tea.

In tea tasting lesson, I learn that different tea should be infused in different way.Besides, we learn how to describe tea(liquor,aroma.etc) with terms.

In the tea processing course,we learn the chemical reaction happen in the procedure.Like the temperature control in tea processing.

I am from Zhejiang Province and I am not very interested in tea!

Mundell

Mydnight 12-07-2005 04:50 AM

In case ya'll didn't know, zhejiang is where Hangzhou is.

Michael Plant 12-07-2005 02:40 PM

--
Mundell.Roll

Hi Mundell,

It sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing your answer.

Michael

Space Cowboy 12-07-2005 03:15 PM

Another elective in a liberal arts college. What's the final like? A
trip to Starbucks and choosing between a latte and chai while
blindfolded? There is a 50 percent chance of an A or F. I'm just
jealous because 40 years ago my most outrageous class was bowling. And
what's with repeat classes for the highest grade? In my time any grade
was part of the scholastic record.

Jim

Michael Plant 12-07-2005 05:04 PM

Space 7/12/05

> Another elective in a liberal arts college. What's the final like? A
> trip to Starbucks and choosing between a latte and chai while
> blindfolded? There is a 50 percent chance of an A or F. I'm just
> jealous because 40 years ago my most outrageous class was bowling. And
> what's with repeat classes for the highest grade? In my time any grade
> was part of the scholastic record.
>
> Jim

They didn't offer bowling when and where I went to school, but if they had
my life would be a damned sight different, of that you can be sure. I did
get an F on the chem regents exam and had to spend a lousy summer making it
up, if that counts. Also, as you must know, it's not real until they offer a
university degree in it. A masters degree proves you've mastered the jargon,
and you can talk in code. I'm sure that...but never mind...another day
perhaps.

Michael

Mydnight 12-07-2005 07:18 PM

heh.

I can already talk in psycho-babble with my B.S. in Psychology. I
can't wait to get my Masters so I can talk in a completely different
language!

Michael Plant 13-07-2005 10:16 AM

7/12/05

> heh.
>
> I can already talk in psycho-babble with my B.S. in Psychology. I
> can't wait to get my Masters so I can talk in a completely different
> language!

Sure Mydnight, you *can* talk in psycho-babble now with your BS, but most
readers of self-help books will undertstand you; with an MS, nobody will
understand you at all except of course other "masters," which is the point.
What do "BS," "MS," and "Ph.D" stand for?
hehhehheh.

Michael

I'm about to embark upon a "Tall Mountain" (according to the label),
BLC-like, tea of rough largish leaf, if indeed BLC it's trying to be.
Waiting for the water to cool a bit further before introducing it to tea.

Darawen Littlestich 13-07-2005 11:54 PM

i gotta learn to read more carefully....i really thought you meant "Sure
Mydnight, you *can* talk in psycho-babble now with your BS"--
the BS meaning B_ _ _ Sh_ _ ! AND MS meaning "More SH _ _".
egads, my mind is in the gutter, so slap me!
I guess you gotta have those periods in there.

Michael Plant 15-07-2005 09:27 AM

Darawen, I think you've caught the spirit of it.
Michael

Darawen 7/13/05

> i gotta learn to read more carefully....i really thought you meant "Sure
> Mydnight, you *can* talk in psycho-babble now with your BS"--
> the BS meaning B_ _ _ Sh_ _ ! AND MS meaning "More SH _ _".
> egads, my mind is in the gutter, so slap me!
> I guess you gotta have those periods in there.

7/12/05

toci 15-07-2005 12:31 PM

Ph.D. means piled higher and deeper. Toci

Michael Plant 15-07-2005 01:14 PM

7/15/05

> Ph.D. means piled higher and deeper. Toci

Yup. You get the gold.