Old 28-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Rob

Dieter Folz wrote:

So, now we know, you should use one pyramid bag (3,125g) per mug and
let the tea infuse for 1-2 minutes (which also implies a removal of the
bag/s). That means for a preparation in a pot about three bags (should
equal three heaped tea spoons) for 0,5 liter (as long as you don't want
to add one more bag "for the pot").

Dieter

Do you really only let it steep for 1-2 minutes? I always let black
tea steep for exactly 4 minutes, although I have cut back to 3 1/2
minutes when using the PG Tips pyramid bags, as they seem to infuse a
little faster. It seems to me that anything less than that would yield
a very weak brew. And I do not take my tea with milk.

I absolutely agree that the bags should be removed to avoid the tea
becoming stewed. However, most people seem to leave them in the pot.
I have a pair of those "tea bag squeezer" tongs that I use for removing
tagless teabags from the pot.

I find most British tea bags to be too strong to brew directly in the
mug. Maybe I should try the recommended 1-2 minutes. But regardless
of what king of bag is used, it should ALWAYS be removed from the mug
before drinking the tea. That is one of my pet peeves - people who
drink their tea with the bag still in the mug. I don't know why; it
just bothers me.

Rob

Thank you all for your tips deutschemadchen General Cooking 0 20-12-2008 10:03 PM
Pea Tips! Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 7 22-06-2008 07:37 AM
Some tips ThoughtPoster General Cooking 0 17-07-2007 03:48 PM
PG Tips Fran Tea 0 03-06-2007 10:46 PM
tips [email protected] General Cooking 13 24-02-2007 08:01 PM