Space Cowboy

Default More seed style grade

I opened up the commercial sampler of TKY from the same Chinese
supplier and this time again the leaf is compressed beyond recognition
similar to the Zui Mei Ren but the 'seeds' which I'll now call 'pods'
are much larger. Both are tearshape with a uniform smooth surface and
a small point. So it is a grade or style of leaf and not the variety.
After two 5 minute boiling infusions the pods are only puffy. This TKY
has a strong pungent smell which tingles the taste buds and stomach
lining with an aftertaste that lingers and lingers. This would make an
excellent gongfu style tea because there is nothing to wash and the
leaf never exposes itself fully to the infusion. Both drove me nuts
waiting for the first infusion to indicate a sufficient color change.
The subsequent infusions a little less because the color was more
immediate. I use color more than time to determine the first brews of
any untasted tea.

Jim

pet food grade hemp seed ? brugnospamsia Vegetarian cooking 1 04-10-2011 01:35 PM
More seed style grade (revisited) Space Cowboy Tea 21 02-07-2005 02:47 PM
More seed style grade Space Cowboy Tea 5 30-05-2005 06:45 PM
pet food grade hemp seed ? brugnospamsia Vegetarian cooking 0 24-03-2005 10:03 AM
What is Commerical Grade about the Commercial Grade line from CharBroil? Joshua Barbecue 5 20-04-2004 12:27 PM