Dan S

Default Yixing teapot question

those teapots are fake antiques. the "finish" that you see on the
outside of the pot is a black polish which is not good for the tea, let
alone your health. if you buy any of those teapots use them ONLY FOR
DECORATION. i offer genuine, unglazed, clay only yixing zisha teapots
direct from china. you can contact me should you wish to see them.

Dan S

To: Alaric,

I have a website where you can view some of my teapots while my eBay
store carries several more to choose from.

http://www.silkroadtrade.com/teapots.htm
http://stores.ebay.com/silkroadtrade <-- better
selection

If you do decide to make a purchase but don't have an eBay account, no
worries. Just contact me through e-mail and we can do business that
way.

Best wishes,
Dan

SORRY EVERYONE. I don't mean to spam. Just that I couldn't reach
Alaric at his regular e-mail address. Thanks in advance for the
understanding.

Michael Plant

Dan 5/26/05

> To: Alaric,
>
> I have a website where you can view some of my teapots while my eBay
> store carries several more to choose from.

http://www.silkroadtrade.com/teapots.htm
> http://stores.ebay.com/silkroadtrade <-- better
> selection
>
> If you do decide to make a purchase but don't have an eBay account, no
> worries. Just contact me through e-mail and we can do business that
> way.
>
> Best wishes,
> Dan
>
> SORRY EVERYONE. I don't mean to spam. Just that I couldn't reach
> Alaric at his regular e-mail address. Thanks in advance for the
> understanding.

Dan,

No apology required. We'll just consider this fortuitous and informational.

I had bought several pots from Dan. They are slip molded, well made,
eggshell thin, and wonderful for the Dan Congs of Phoenix Mountain. They are
also growing quite beautiful over time. Personally, I like the simplest most
classic designs; I don't like the modern geometric and animalmorphic types.
That's just my taste. These fancy ass pots seem to have become the norm
among the "masters" of late, probably following the market. Dan, what's your
opinion of this?

Michael

Marlene Wood

This isn't Dan, but I agree with you there Michael. I like the lines and the
symitry (yes I know it's spelled wrong, i don't have my dictionary handy at
the moment...) and the classic 'tea pot' ness of the older and the old style
designs.
Marlene
"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> Dan 5/26/05
>

>> To: Alaric,
>>
>> I have a website where you can view some of my teapots while my eBay
>> store carries several more to choose from.

http://www.silkroadtrade.com/teapots.htm
>> http://stores.ebay.com/silkroadtrade <-- better
>> selection
>>
>> If you do decide to make a purchase but don't have an eBay account, no
>> worries. Just contact me through e-mail and we can do business that
>> way.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Dan
>>
>> SORRY EVERYONE. I don't mean to spam. Just that I couldn't reach
>> Alaric at his regular e-mail address. Thanks in advance for the
>> understanding.
>>

> Dan,
>
> No apology required. We'll just consider this fortuitous and
> informational.
>
> I had bought several pots from Dan. They are slip molded, well made,
> eggshell thin, and wonderful for the Dan Congs of Phoenix Mountain. They
> are
> also growing quite beautiful over time. Personally, I like the simplest
> most
> classic designs; I don't like the modern geometric and animalmorphic
> types.
> That's just my taste. These fancy ass pots seem to have become the norm
> among the "masters" of late, probably following the market. Dan, what's
> your
> opinion of this?
>
> Michael

Dan S

Michael,

Our "fortuitous" encounter reminds me of that song from long ago, how
did it go again... oh yeah, "it's a small world afterall". I recently
found this Google group (I know I know where the hell I have I been) of
fellow tea drinkers and I must say that its been an enjoyable
experience (goes great with some tea.. ahem.. no pun intended). I
completely agree with your take on teapots. Sometimes I wonder where
these people get their inspiration. I guess it all boils down to
artisans wanting and needing to make money. Regardless of the awful
teapot designs these days, they do seem to appeal to most people.
Maybe we're just "old school" in our thinking.

Dan

Lewis Perin

"Dan S" > writes:

> Our "fortuitous" encounter reminds me of that song from long ago, how
> did it go again... oh yeah, "it's a small world afterall". I recently
> found this Google group

Sorry, but this isn't a Google group. It isn't a Yahoo group either,
nor a Microsoft group. It's a Usenet group, and it doesn't belong to
anyone, which is one of the reasons some of us like it. Google
provides a nice service in archiving Usenet, and it might work well as
a means of reading and posting - I haven't tried it for that - but
Google doesn't own Usenet.

> (I know I know where the hell I have I been) of fellow tea drinkers
> and I must say that its been an enjoyable experience (goes great
> with some tea.. ahem.. no pun intended). I completely agree with
> your take on teapots. Sometimes I wonder where these people get
> their inspiration. I guess it all boils down to artisans wanting
> and needing to make money. Regardless of the awful teapot designs
> these days, they do seem to appeal to most people. Maybe we're just
> "old school" in our thinking.

Speaking of "old school", Usenet is old indeed; it antedates the World
Wide Web. So welcome to our old school!

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Dan S

Thank you for the clarification. I stand corrected.

Alex Chaihorsky

Dan -

As a geologist i attempted several times to find anything serious on
petrology of Yixing clayey sandstone (zisha), but to no avail. My
understanding that it is a very unique eposit of ancient lakes situated on
top of glaciers where very well-rounded and uniformal quartz and was
interlayered with fine clays probably of volcanic origin (weathered
basalts?). have you seen any geological references on this subject? I would
prefer English (French or Russian, all the same) because my geological
Chinese is awful. But if there is no other, I would take the Chinese refs.

Thanks a million.

Also, Mike Petro sent me a message from you that never regsitered on my news
server (I am investigating this)
Here it is:
Hello folks,
I had no idea my post would generate this much response so I will try
to answer it all here. First of all there is one glaring error (my
fault) I will address up front. I enjoyed Sashas' comment espeacially.
The word that goes in there is "recieve". Also, my wife, XiaoLing,
wants to know how you know that Sasha? I say that because the basic
chemical elements undergo specific changes and behave in specific ways
with the proper heating, reheating, etcetera.
.................................................. ......

I have no idea what comment of mine you are talking about (thread? date?). I
will gladly answer your wife's question the moment I understand what is it
all about.

Sasha.

"Dan S" > wrote in message
oups.com...

How care and use your yixing teapot yixingteapot Tea 0 05-04-2009 05:20 PM
Where to buy Yixing clay teapot JJ Tea 1 27-11-2006 05:27 PM
New Yixing teapot - Help with characters? Dominic T. Tea 12 28-05-2006 09:09 AM
Using Yixing teapot all the day Benoit Tea 2 26-05-2005 11:34 PM
My first use of Yixing teapot Opother Tea 3 11-10-2003 04:38 PM