Space Cowboy

I try to match the characters on the package with the Pinyin with no
luck. I've had this problem in the past where commercial fonts can be
almost anything. I was hoping somebody could supply the tonals. It
was a sample that came with the last pu shipment from China. I'll
order some more next time. The physical characteristics are absolutely
unique.

Jim

Melinda wrote:
> I Googled this tea name Jim and do not find it...where did you get

it?
> Sounds different.
>
> Melinda
>

> We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> I'm
> > not sure of the origin but another interesting tea is Zui Mei Ren.

It
> > absolutely looks like seed pods which has no visible seams. There

is
> > no indication it is a rolled leaf. Even after three 5 minute

boiling
> > infusions only a few unfurled into a leaf. I'm wondering if this

is a
> > compressed pu'rh green tea. I've never seen a tea that looks like

this
> > or behaves like this in a pot. Yunnan is noted for hand crafted

teas
> > but this is amazing.
> >
> > Jim

Space Cowboy

Melinda wrote:
> I Googled this tea name Jim and do not find it...where did you get

it?
> Sounds different.
>
> Melinda
>

> We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> I'm
> > not sure of the origin but another interesting tea is Zui Mei Ren.

It
> > absolutely looks like seed pods which has no visible seams. There

is
> > no indication it is a rolled leaf. Even after three 5 minute

boiling
> > infusions only a few unfurled into a leaf. I'm wondering if this

is a
> > compressed pu'rh green tea. I've never seen a tea that looks like

this
> > or behaves like this in a pot. Yunnan is noted for hand crafted

teas
> > but this is amazing.
> >
> > Jim

Space Cowboy

Default Yummy Yunnans

Everytime I get a web camera working on a computer something happens.
So I can't take any photos now. There is a place in town that does it
so one of these days if I get motivated. I checked the dealer's price
list and he identifies it as a Fujian oolong. Not bad $40/kilo. I was
hoping Mydnight came across this in one of the open air stalls. It's
neat in it's own right but nothing to loose sleep over. It reminds me
of the first time I every saw Yinzhen or compressed tea. I second the
pu seller BabyWrapper recommendation on Ebay. He keeps expanding his
selection. This week he sent email saying he'll be in remote western
Yunnan on a buying trip and unreachable till next week. Some of his
identical items have appeared on TaoBao by other sellers. The prices
are similar so he isn't gouging. If you buy more than one then the
shipping becomes a little more reasonable. You can save a few dollars
by bidding but I just Buy It Now. He is selling limited items from
Arizona so you can save on shipping.

Jim

Melinda wrote:
> If it's any help I ran the pinyin you gave through babelcarp and it gave
> some of the words as pertaining to Drunken Concubine but that's an oolong.
> You are referring to a puer right? Anyhow...yes please do try to post the
> characters and a pic of the leaf if you can, I am interested in seeing what
> the leaf looks like myself, sounds fascinating.
>
> I love tea...I learn something new literally every day. What fun!
>
> Melinda
> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I try to match the characters on the package with the Pinyin with no
> > luck.
> > Melinda wrote:
> >> I Googled this tea name Jim and do not find it...where did you get

> > it?
> >> Sounds different.
> >>
> >> Melinda
> >>

> >> We're a knowledgeable family." ::smiles:: -Geoffrey, Lion in Winter
> >> "Space Cowboy" > wrote in message
> >> oups.com...
> >> I'm

Austin Hodge

Enjoy your trip. When you get out in the countryside you will find that
Yunnan does not have a large variety of tea, in fact almost all of the
tea produced there comes from the large leaf trees and bushes used to
make puer. The reason for that is sunlight. Unlike the rest of the tea
producing areas in China, which are almost always overcast. It is rare
to see an unfiltered blue sky in the those areas, except in Yunnan. All
of the tea, not matter how it ends up, begins the same way in Yunnan,
as mao cha. Small farmers pick the tea, do some rudimentary processing,
which includes whithering, artificially heating the tea in some way to
stop the oxidation, and then sun drying it, thus mao cha. The mao cha
is collected by the tea producers and made into green, black, cooked
and raw puer. The farmers try for a two leaf and a bud configuration.
The bushs can produce some smaller leaves and buds early in the spring
if they are picked early in the morning and some of the buds are
separated after picking. As mao cha those buds can be larger that the
Fujian white tea buds, and much richer in anti-oxidents the those white
tea buds that were tested against leaf green tea by Oregon State for
the much hyped white tea research, and a lot cheaper to but.

You will find that you can go most places in Yunnan via paved roads
not, though they are so winding it is easy to get car sick. My advise
is to go lightly on the goat's feet and bamboo worm dishes.

YUMMY Brooklyn1 General Cooking 10 20-08-2012 03:33 AM
Yummy!! Chemo the Clown General Cooking 2 08-10-2010 04:25 PM
YUMMY ROSE NO NAME General Cooking 0 04-05-2009 08:26 PM
Yummy Dick Adams Sourdough 0 16-11-2005 01:38 PM
Yummy; T General Cooking 7 07-08-2004 11:14 PM