Space Cowboy

Default Blue Pu

I'm sniffing around on TaoBao and came across a 2000 Menghai ripe
grade-a tuocha which was blue! So do they oxygen deprive the beasties
to make the color? I've run across over descriptions where Ripe is
described as Blue but never without the wrapper. Waaah I want some.
The most expensive item auction yet is 70000 Yuan for the only 84
gourds from Menghai factory in 1995.

Jim

Mydnight

Space Cowboy wrote:
> I'm sniffing around on TaoBao and came across a 2000 Menghai ripe
> grade-a tuocha which was blue! So do they oxygen deprive the

beasties
> to make the color? I've run across over descriptions where Ripe is
> described as Blue but never without the wrapper. Waaah I want some.
> The most expensive item auction yet is 70000 Yuan for the only 84
> gourds from Menghai factory in 1995.
>
> Jim

There is a type of Sheng pu'er that's called "blue leaf" or "blue tip".
It's supposed to be a top grade, rare pu'er, but you can get some at
market for not so much more than you can get a 'tiao' (one wrapper
which contains 5) of pu'er tuo cha from Xiaguan.

Has anyone actually drank this grade before? I've seen it but didn't
have time to drink.

Mike Petro

Good but not stellar. It ages very well though.

Mike

Falky foo

Blue=fungus?

In 2008, Blue Bottle Coffee turned heads in San Francisco when it unveiled a halogen-powered siphon bar. On Saturday, Blue Bottle will introduce New York to the theatrical coffeemaker when it opens its newest shop in a former loading dock on the grou `.@...' Coffee 0 19-02-2012 09:26 PM
Big Blue brooklyn1 General Cooking 6 30-08-2010 01:35 PM
OT; Blue Cross Blue Sield Dimitri General Cooking 3 14-02-2010 04:38 AM
Box o' Blue at Breakfast! Andy[_15_] General Cooking 28 18-06-2009 01:29 AM
Bacon and Blue on Rye Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 13-02-2006 01:14 AM