Bluesea

Default "Tea for Dummies"

"Brian D. Stevens" > wrote in message
> I've started drinking tea a couple of months ago when coffee exacerbated a
> medical condition.
>
> I've a newbie and would like to find some good introductory information
> about tea. I go to the local "whole foods" and usually get a little
> overwhelmed by the varieties and don't know what to get. I've tried
> several random loose leaf teas from the "Republic of Tea" some of which
> I've liked better than others. But to be honest it is just kind of dumb
> luck whether I get some I like or if I get something I don't like.
>
> Are there any good websites or books I should check out that have some
> good introductory material on the subject of tea?

There are so many available that just about all you can do is get samples
and gradually learn your own preferences.

Our FAQs is a good place to start:

http://pages.ripco.net/~c4ha2na9/tea/faq.html.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Space Cowboy

Use Google Groups and peruse the posts here since the inception which
is going on ten years. The FAQ is a good source. The good books are
probably out of print. If you're lucky there might be a tea shoppe in
your local area. There is nothing wrong from buying hit and miss retail
especially from the far cheaper ethnic stores. Don't fall for the
fallacy of someone's tea taste. It's your tastebuds and pocket book.
Don't rush be patient. You'll learn more by trial and error than
research. I'm still learning new things and that's not because I
haven't been at it long enough.

Jim

Brian D. Stevens wrote:
> I've started drinking tea a couple of months ago when coffee

exacerbated a
> medical condition.
>
> I've a newbie and would like to find some good introductory

information
> about tea. I go to the local "whole foods" and usually get a little
> overwhelmed by the varieties and don't know what to get. I've tried
> several random loose leaf teas from the "Republic of Tea" some of

which
> I've liked better than others. But to be honest it is just kind of

dumb
> luck whether I get some I like or if I get something I don't like.
>
> Are there any good websites or books I should check out that have

some
> good introductory material on the subject of tea?

Joanne Rosen

In addition, do not miss the links for Kai Bergers Webpage and Chris
Roberson's Tea and Sympathy website-
If you can find - read the classic on tea-All About Tea by Ukers

"Brian D. Stevens" > wrote in message
> I've started drinking tea a couple of months ago when coffee exacerbated a
> medical condition.
>
> I've a newbie and would like to find some good introductory information
> about tea. I go to the local "whole foods" and usually get a little
> overwhelmed by the varieties and don't know what to get. I've tried
> several random loose leaf teas from the "Republic of Tea" some of which
> I've liked better than others. But to be honest it is just kind of dumb
> luck whether I get some I like or if I get something I don't like.
>
> Are there any good websites or books I should check out that have some
> good introductory material on the subject of tea?

Karina Robinson

This is my favourite free tea guide. After a few pages of
self promo, everything else is about tea. Everything you
ever want to know about tea is right there. Go the the
website click on "Tea University". www.brandconcepts.biz

..

I know a website which offers free loose green sample. I tried. It's
very good tea. url: www.orientalflavor.com