Mydnight

Default Old TYG.

I have about a kilo of old TYG that tastes too old to drink now. You
guys have any novel ideas with what I can do with this tea besides just
chuck it; it seems like too big of a loss to just toss it out.

toci

The quality of Mercy is not strained.

toci

Would it work as a basis for a chai- add cloves, cinnamon, black
pepper? toci

toci

Or lemonade. Have you tried making sun tea of it- that process is
sometimes more forgiving than regular brewing. Toci

Bluesea

"toci" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Have you tried making sun tea of it- that process is
> sometimes more forgiving than regular brewing. Toci

But, sun tea has the potential of being hazardous to one's health quite
unlike regular brewing.

From http://www.ext.colostate.edu/PUBS/co...cc960502.html:

"Sun tea is not recommended. The practice of making `sun tea' by steeping
the bags in a container of water in the sun may be a higher risk than
brewing tea at high temperatures because it provides an environment where
bacteria are more likely to survive and multiply."

From http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/lls/...articleID=157:

"Using the natural rays of the sun to make tea is fun and popular in the
summer. However, using such a method to make tea is highly discouraged. Sun
tea is the perfect medium for bacteria to grow."

--
~~Bluesea~~

toci

Actually, I've always, almost always, made my "sun tea" deep in the
darkness or the refrigerator. It works, but I've always used cheap
tea. How did you happen to accumulate a kilo of any kind of tea?
Toci

Scott Dorsey

Mydnight > wrote:
>I have about a kilo of old TYG that tastes too old to drink now. You
>guys have any novel ideas with what I can do with this tea besides just
>chuck it; it seems like too big of a loss to just toss it out.

Make tea smoked duck.
Mmmm.
--scott
Bluesea

"toci" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> How did you happen to accumulate a kilo of any kind of tea?

I didn't. That was in Mydnight's OP.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Mydnight

yes, it was TYG. heh.

Mydnight

yes, it was TYG. heh.

Mydnight

erm. TGY!

Mydnight

erm. TGY!

toci

Right. Sorry. Toci

toci

Right. Sorry. Toci

Mydnight

Easy.

Being in China and having it widely known that I am a lover of tea. It
automatically invites gifts of tea when someone visits to see the
famous foreigner that can do gongfu cha well. heh.