teadrinker

Default Tea Cups / Mugs / Tea Pots

I like to drink tea from fairly large mugs. A few years back, I found
a number of Royal Doulton everyday mugs on sale for a few dollars each.
The mugs are very lite weight, and they hold a fair bit of tea. These
are the plain cylindrical variety.
(you know, volume = pi r^2 h)

A little later on, I discovered the ones that change from smaller to
larger as you move up the cup (more of a cut off cone shape). I like
these ones so much now, that the cylindrical ones seem boring.

In any case, I think tea cups should be very lite weight, made of good
china and with a nice pattern.

As far as tea pots go.. In the cheapest range, it seems that China is
turning them out for about $4 each. They're sturdy and great for
everyday use. They are a bit heavy tough.

If you're willing to spend $10-12, there's a fair number of lite weight
good quality China ones.

I've seen really really nice ones for about $20.

Of course, you can always spend $200 on a Royal Doulton or other brand
name pot.

Name for mugs Julien ÉLIE Tea 1 15-12-2010 11:02 PM
Mugs for chocolate cake recipe koko General Cooking 7 26-09-2008 11:37 AM
mugs bulka General Cooking 37 16-12-2006 04:59 AM
Coffee travel mugs .. without plastic taste? Chuck General Cooking 9 17-12-2005 07:37 PM
Mundane question about tea stained pots & mugs Myron Bennett Tea 17 12-11-2004 02:16 AM