Bluesea

Default My New Aquarium

I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by the
Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first few
hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm getting
concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door open so
much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.

Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just never
thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo

1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
3. Strain
4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.

So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green, decaf
black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny leaf
pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Falky foo

So iced tea basically.

"Bluesea" > wrote in message
> I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by the
> Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first few
> hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
> floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm

getting
> concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door open

so
> much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
>
> Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just never
> thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
>
> 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
> 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
> 3. Strain
> 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
>
> So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green, decaf
> black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny leaf
> pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
>
> --
> ~~Bluesea~~
> Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

Bluesea

Without the ice.

--
~~Bluesea~~

"Falky foo" > wrote in message
> So iced tea basically.
>

> "Bluesea" > wrote in message
> > I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by

the
> > Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first few
> > hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
> > floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm

> getting
> > concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door open

> so
> > much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
> >
> > Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just never
> > thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
> >
> > 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
> > 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
> > 3. Strain
> > 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
> >
> > So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green,

decaf
> > black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny

leaf
> > pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
> >
> > --
> > ~~Bluesea~~
> > Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> > Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

Melinda

Oolong has been good for this in my experience Bluesea. Enjoy.

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are

"Bluesea" > wrote in message
>I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by the
> Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first few
> hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
> floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm
> getting
> concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door open
> so
> much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
>
> Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just never
> thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
>
> 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
> 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
> 3. Strain
> 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
>
> So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green, decaf
> black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny leaf
> pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
>
> --
> ~~Bluesea~~
> Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

Falky foo

iced oolong? hmm.. how about iced pu?

"Melinda" > wrote in message
> Oolong has been good for this in my experience Bluesea. Enjoy.
>
> Melinda
>
> --
> "The country has entered an era in which
> questions are not asked, for questions are
> daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
> fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
>

> "Bluesea" > wrote in message
> >I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by

the
> > Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first few
> > hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
> > floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm
> > getting
> > concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door open
> > so
> > much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
> >
> > Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just never
> > thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
> >
> > 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
> > 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
> > 3. Strain
> > 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
> >
> > So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green,

decaf
> > black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny

leaf
> > pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
> >
> > --
> > ~~Bluesea~~
> > Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> > Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

Falky foo

"Melinda" > wrote in message
> Oolong has been good for this in my experience Bluesea. Enjoy.
>
> Melinda
>
> --
> "The country has entered an era in which
> questions are not asked, for questions are
> daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
> fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
>

> "Bluesea" > wrote in message
> >I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by

the
> > Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first few
> > hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
> > floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm
> > getting
> > concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door open
> > so
> > much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
> >
> > Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just never
> > thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
> >
> > 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
> > 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
> > 3. Strain
> > 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
> >
> > So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green,

decaf
> > black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny

leaf
> > pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
> >
> > --
> > ~~Bluesea~~
> > Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> > Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

Melinda

Haven't tried iced pu now that you mention it Falky...if I do I'll let ya
know.

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are
daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
"Falky foo" > wrote in message
m...
> iced oolong? hmm.. how about iced pu?
>

> "Melinda" > wrote in message
>> Oolong has been good for this in my experience Bluesea. Enjoy.
>>
>> Melinda
>>
>> --
>> "The country has entered an era in which
>> questions are not asked, for questions are
>> daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
>> fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
>>

>> "Bluesea" > wrote in message
>> >I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by

> the
>> > Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first
>> > few
>> > hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
>> > floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm
>> > getting
>> > concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door
>> > open
>> > so
>> > much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
>> >
>> > Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just
>> > never
>> > thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
>> >
>> > 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
>> > 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
>> > 3. Strain
>> > 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
>> >
>> > So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green,

> decaf
>> > black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny

> leaf
>> > pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
>> >
>> > --
>> > ~~Bluesea~~
>> > Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
>> > Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

Melinda

Haven't tried iced pu now that you mention it Falky...if I do I'll let ya
know.

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are
daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
"Falky foo" > wrote in message
m...
> iced oolong? hmm.. how about iced pu?
>

> "Melinda" > wrote in message
>> Oolong has been good for this in my experience Bluesea. Enjoy.
>>
>> Melinda
>>
>> --
>> "The country has entered an era in which
>> questions are not asked, for questions are
>> daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
>> fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
>>

>> "Bluesea" > wrote in message
>> >I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by

> the
>> > Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first
>> > few
>> > hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
>> > floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm
>> > getting
>> > concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door
>> > open
>> > so
>> > much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
>> >
>> > Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just
>> > never
>> > thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
>> >
>> > 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
>> > 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
>> > 3. Strain
>> > 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
>> >
>> > So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green,

> decaf
>> > black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny

> leaf
>> > pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
>> >
>> > --
>> > ~~Bluesea~~
>> > Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
>> > Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

toci

Brew it for the first hour on the windowsill. Then it's called sun
tea. Or brew it anywhere in Texas, and it's called Texas tea. A quart
jar will do for a container. I've done this with penny a teaspoon
black tea and a number of herbal teas; they uniformly turn out well.
Toci

Bluesea

I forgot - I've also done gunpowder.

Speaking of oolong...

I received a sample of the #611 organic oolong from SpecialTeas the week
before last and there was a distinctly fishy aroma and flavor to it. Is that
weird or what? I'm wondering if they might have used fish fertilizer because
I can't see tea being grown or dried around fish.

--
~~Bluesea~~

"Melinda" > wrote in message
> Oolong has been good for this in my experience Bluesea. Enjoy.
>
> Melinda
>
> --
> "The country has entered an era in which
> questions are not asked, for questions are
> daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
> fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
>

> "Bluesea" > wrote in message
> >I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by

the
> > Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first few
> > hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
> > floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm
> > getting
> > concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door open
> > so
> > much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
> >
> > Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just never
> > thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
> >
> > 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
> > 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
> > 3. Strain
> > 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
> >
> > So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green,

decaf
> > black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny

leaf
> > pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
> >
> > --
> > ~~Bluesea~~
> > Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> > Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

Marlene Wood

I know this is an older post, but when you mentioned the fishy thing
bluesea, it reminded me of my first experience with pu.
It was some aged liu an from Imperial Tea Court. I found it had a very
distinct day-old-fish smell I just couldn't get past. It tasted like forrest
loam, but that fish smell, ew.
I found that very odd especially since I've seen it refered to as a good tea
on RFDT ( I think it was here anyway...)
Fortunetly, when I asked all you friendly folks, I got some good
suggestions, and I went to Jing tea shop, and got something that tastes (and
smells) better.
Marlene

"Bluesea" > wrote in message
>I forgot - I've also done gunpowder.
>
> Speaking of oolong...
>
> I received a sample of the #611 organic oolong from SpecialTeas the week
> before last and there was a distinctly fishy aroma and flavor to it. Is
> that
> weird or what? I'm wondering if they might have used fish fertilizer
> because
> I can't see tea being grown or dried around fish.
>
> --
> ~~Bluesea~~
> Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.
>

> "Melinda" > wrote in message
>> Oolong has been good for this in my experience Bluesea. Enjoy.
>>
>> Melinda
>>
>> --
>> "The country has entered an era in which
>> questions are not asked, for questions are
>> daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
>> fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
>>

>> "Bluesea" > wrote in message
>> >I bought the large IngenuiTea and started using it to make cold tea by

> the
>> > Cold Water Method. Whenever I open the refrigerator during the first
>> > few
>> > hours, I'm slow closing the door because I get captivated by the leaves
>> > floating around. It's very soothing, just like an aquarium, but I'm
>> > getting
>> > concerned about my electric bill because I've been keeping the door
>> > open
>> > so
>> > much, not to mention what the rising temperature's doing to my food.
>> >
>> > Yes, any clear pitcher or other container would do as well. I just
>> > never
>> > thought about trying the Cold Water Method befo
>> >
>> > 1. Measure tea and water into container - I'm using 1 tsp per 8 oz.
>> > 2. Set container in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours
>> > 3. Strain
>> > 4. Enjoy clear, refreshing, cold tea.
>> >
>> > So far, I've tried decaf Darjeeling (the most active), decaf green,

> decaf
>> > black w/ apricot, and decaf sencha w/apricot (this left a lot of tiny

> leaf
>> > pieces to clean out - not easy), and all were excellent.
>> >
>> > --
>> > ~~Bluesea~~
>> > Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
>> > Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

Bluesea

After awhile, I remembered that a friend's into organic green teas so I
emailed him and asked. It was new to him, too, so he wasn't able to provide
the reason.

It ain't no beeg t'ing, though, since oolong in general isn't my cup of tea;
I just try some every once in a while to see if my taste's changed like it
has for some other food/drink items. In this case, it hasn't.

I appreciate your reply - it's nice to know that I'm not the only one to
whom it's happened.

--
~~Bluesea~~

"Marlene Wood" > wrote in message
> I know this is an older post, but when you mentioned the fishy thing
> bluesea, it reminded me of my first experience with pu.
> It was some aged liu an from Imperial Tea Court. I found it had a very
> distinct day-old-fish smell I just couldn't get past. It tasted like

forrest
> loam, but that fish smell, ew.
> I found that very odd especially since I've seen it refered to as a good

tea
> on RFDT ( I think it was here anyway...)
> Fortunetly, when I asked all you friendly folks, I got some good
> suggestions, and I went to Jing tea shop, and got something that tastes

(and
> smells) better.
> Marlene
>
> "Bluesea" > wrote in message
> >I forgot - I've also done gunpowder.
> >
> > Speaking of oolong...
> >
> > I received a sample of the #611 organic oolong from SpecialTeas the week
> > before last and there was a distinctly fishy aroma and flavor to it. Is
> > that
> > weird or what? I'm wondering if they might have used fish fertilizer
> > because
> > I can't see tea being grown or dried around fish.
> >
> > --
> > ~~Bluesea~~
> > Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> > Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.
> >

> > "Melinda" > wrote in message
> >> Oolong has been good for this in my experience Bluesea. Enjoy.
> >>
> >> Melinda
> >>
> >> --
> >> "The country has entered an era in which
> >> questions are not asked, for questions are
> >> daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
> >> fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout

> > the

leaves

> > decaf

> > leaf

Recipes on the Montery Bay Aquarium site: Who knew? Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 0 24-09-2010 05:14 AM
Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Guides. James Silverton[_2_] General Cooking 4 28-07-2009 01:01 AM
Monterey Aquarium Fish List W. Baker Diabetic 2 12-12-2008 04:25 PM
My New Aquarium Bluesea Tea 0 22-04-2005 01:08 AM
Aquarium heater in my primary... Matt Shepherd Winemaking 11 23-04-2004 06:30 PM