Benoit

Default Best place to buy Oolong online ?

Hi,

I'm from Montreal and usually drink Oolongs. I buy them in a tea shop,
in Chinatown, but I think that their prices are a little too high (for
example, $12 CDN (canadians) for 50g of A-Li-Shan. The quality is very
fine, as far as I know, but I would like to try some tea from another
source to see if their tea is really worth the price. I bought a teapot
from Upton and was happy with them, but they don't have a very great
variety of Oolongs. I'm looking for any online tea store that would
have some very good Oolong (and not too high shipping fees if it's in
USA, as I live in Canada!)

Thanks,

Beno=EEt

Doug Hazen, Jr.

I don't know if any of these dealers fit what you're looking for, but I have
at least some experience with:

Shan Shui Teas specializes in Taiwanese oolongs:
http://www.shanshuiteas.com/, but I'm not sure they'll be any cheaper than
what you've found.

Rishi Tea:
http://www.rishi-tea.com/store/mfgde...a&Category=Tea,
has some good oolongs.

Imperial Tea Court:
http://www.imperialtea.com/AB1002000...Category_ID=14,
who *definitely won't* be cheaper

A few other dealers who have decent selections but whose oolongs I have
little or no experience with:

In Pursuit of Tea: http://store.yahoo.com/teastores/oolongteas.html
Jing Tea Shop: http://jingteashop.com/cat_oolong.cfm
TeaSpring: http://www.teaspring.com/oolong-tea.asp

"Benoit" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm from Montreal and usually drink Oolongs. I buy them in a tea shop,
in Chinatown, but I think that their prices are a little too high (for
example, $12 CDN (canadians) for 50g of A-Li-Shan. The quality is very
fine, as far as I know, but I would like to try some tea from another
source to see if their tea is really worth the price. I bought a teapot
from Upton and was happy with them, but they don't have a very great
variety of Oolongs. I'm looking for any online tea store that would
have some very good Oolong (and not too high shipping fees if it's in
USA, as I live in Canada!)

Thanks,

Benoît

Kim

Hi Benoît,

I too am partial to oolongs, particularly those from Wu Yi Shan. I have
purchased several very nice oolongs (and greens) from Holy Mountain
Trading Company http://www.holymtn.com/tea/oolongtea.htm

Formosan Oolong Choice (Item O-OC-1a)
A nice everyday oolong - warm, soft and fragrant, with fruity sweet notes.

Tieguanyin Competition Monkey Picked (Item O-TKY-3a)
Amazing, one of the best I've had, and well worth the price.

For an unusual oolong, try the Blue Spring (O-BS-1a).
The leaves are hand rolled and coated with sweet licorice. The
resulting cup is mellow, sweet and spicy. It does not taste like black
licorice candy, the taste is quite pleasing and refreshing. It makes an
excellent iced tea, too.

Two green tea recommendations http://www.holymtn.com/tea/greentea.htm

Temple of Heaven Gunpowder (G-THG-1a) - full bodied, light sweet, hint
of smoky. This is a very good green for fans of oolong.

Drum Mountain Clouds & Mist "Meilan Chun" (G-DMCM-1a) - sweet, fragrant,
no astringency or vegetal taste. Wonderful! One of the sweetest greens
I have had.

Samples are available for reasonable prices, shipping is also very
reasonable, and on orders of $50 USD or more it is free. (Though I do
not know if that applies to Canadian shipments.)

The people at Holy Mountain are friendly, knowledgeable and eager to
please. I highly recommend them.

Benoit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm from Montreal and usually drink Oolongs. I buy them in a tea shop,
> in Chinatown, but I think that their prices are a little too high (for
> example, $12 CDN (canadians) for 50g of A-Li-Shan. The quality is very
> fine, as far as I know, but I would like to try some tea from another
> source to see if their tea is really worth the price. I bought a teapot
> from Upton and was happy with them, but they don't have a very great
> variety of Oolongs. I'm looking for any online tea store that would
> have some very good Oolong (and not too high shipping fees if it's in
> USA, as I live in Canada!)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Benoît

Kim