Bluesea

Default Best Bombilla(s)?

I'd gotten into drinking green and white teas from a glass mug through a
disposable straw stuffed with filter paper to stop the leaves from rising
through the straw then Eric told me about yerba mate drinkers using
bombillas and I've been looking around the 'net at some 'cause I can't find
any in town.

Hopefully, people in this group can answer some questions:

1. What are the differences among the styles? Google's taught me that gold
tips keep one's lips from getting burned if the liquid's too hot, but I've
yet to figure out the pros and cons of spring filters, bolt filters, and the
regular spoon-like-with-holes filters.

2. Which filter blocks the finest leaves or leaf particles (I always use
rooibos as the test)?

3. If the holes of the spoon-like style don't block rooibos or other fine
leaf particles, is the spoon part hollow enough to stuff some filter paper
inside or maybe up the tube providing that I get one that comes apart for
cleaning? How about the spring and bolt filters - could I stick filter paper
inside them?

4. Does "disarmable" mean that it comes apart for cleaning? If not, what
does it mean?

5. What else do I need to know about bombillas?

Thanks!

--
~~Bluesea~~

Makeshift mate gourd/bombilla Dominic T. Tea 1 07-03-2008 09:01 PM
Best Bombilla(s)? Bluesea Tea 0 09-04-2005 01:53 PM
Best Bombilla(s)? Bluesea Tea 0 09-04-2005 01:47 PM