Default What's your best tea, in a bag?

Loose teas stay home. This is a beat Lipton/Rose thread.

TBerk
Melinda

I like PG Tips and Tetley's in that order. Then Typhoo or Williamson and
Magore.

I haven't had Twinings in a bag so can't comment on them.

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are
"T" > wrote in message
om...

> Loose teas stay home. This is a beat Lipton/Rose thread.
>

> TBerk

Melinda

I like PG Tips and Tetley's in that order. Then Typhoo or Williamson and
Magore.

I haven't had Twinings in a bag so can't comment on them.

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are
daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout
om...

Melinda wrote:
> I like PG Tips and Tetley's in that order. Then Typhoo or Williamson and
> Magore.
>
> I haven't had Twinings in a bag so can't comment on them.
>
> Melinda

Twinings in a bag I have had, and thanks for reminding me.

I recently (three months or so ago) picked up an assortment box. It had
Earl Grey, and an assortment of Breakfasts, Lets go to our good friend
Google....

> A selection of Earl Grey, Prince of Wales, Lady Grey, English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast.

<http://www.twinings.com/en_us/explore_our_range/prod_detail.asp?dept_id=5&blend_id=123>

I found I really liked the Lady Grey*, one good thing about these with
the oil (burgomont? [sp]) is they foil pouch the bags for freshness.

Of course with Rose you get a little figurine. :])

TBerk
*
<http://www.twinings.com/en_us/explore_our_range/prod_detail.asp?dept_id=5&blend_id=36>

Melinda wrote:
> I like PG Tips and Tetley's in that order. Then Typhoo or Williamson and
> Magore.
>
> I haven't had Twinings in a bag so can't comment on them.
>
> Melinda

Twinings in a bag I have had, and thanks for reminding me.

I recently (three months or so ago) picked up an assortment box. It had
Earl Grey, and an assortment of Breakfasts, Lets go to our good friend
Google....

> A selection of Earl Grey, Prince of Wales, Lady Grey, English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast.

<http://www.twinings.com/en_us/explore_our_range/prod_detail.asp?dept_id=5&blend_id=123>

I found I really liked the Lady Grey*, one good thing about these with
the oil (burgomont? [sp]) is they foil pouch the bags for freshness.

Of course with Rose you get a little figurine. :])

TBerk
*
<http://www.twinings.com/en_us/explore_our_range/prod_detail.asp?dept_id=5&blend_id=36>

I really enjoy Honest Tea's Assam Black.

When that's not available I drink Choice Organic Tea's Celtic Breakfast
tea.

Tom

CCCarlisle

I drank Twinings Darjeeling teabags for years, and they are pretty good.
Nowadays I usually go for sachets when I'm in need of the convenience,
such as from Revolution Tea or Harney & Sons, but they are on the pricey
side. If I'm out somewhere (e.g. a restaurant) that offers a selection
of Bigelow, Tazo or Stash teas, I go for the Earl Grey as being "safe."

Beaker

I work at 13,500 feet and I tried making loose tea up here but it just
didn't taste right so I stopped wasting good tea and started using teabags.
My favorite bag is probably Republic of Tea "Vanilla Almond". Obviously I
also go through a lot of Early Grey, Yamamoto green/oolong/hojicha, etc

bkr

Michiel van der Kraats

T wrote:

> Loose teas stay home. This is a beat Lipton/Rose thread.

When travelling, Lipton Yellow Label. I also like the Purple Darjeeling
teabags (Twinnings I believe).

--
Michiel
Michiel van der Kraats

T wrote:

> Loose teas stay home. This is a beat Lipton/Rose thread.

When travelling, Lipton Yellow Label. I also like the Purple Darjeeling
teabags (Twinnings I believe).

--
Michiel

Melinda

Astronomer?

Melinda

--
"Beaker" > wrote in message

> I work at 13,500 feet and I tried making loose tea up here but it just
> didn't taste right so I stopped wasting good tea and started using
> teabags.
> My favorite bag is probably Republic of Tea "Vanilla Almond". Obviously I
> also go through a lot of Early Grey, Yamamoto green/oolong/hojicha, etc
>
> bkr

Melinda

Astronomer?

Melinda

--
"Beaker" > wrote in message

> I work at 13,500 feet and I tried making loose tea up here but it just
> didn't taste right so I stopped wasting good tea and started using
> teabags.
> My favorite bag is probably Republic of Tea "Vanilla Almond". Obviously I
> also go through a lot of Early Grey, Yamamoto green/oolong/hojicha, etc
>
> bkr

Melinda

Astronomer?

Melinda

--
"Beaker" > wrote in message

> I work at 13,500 feet and I tried making loose tea up here but it just
> didn't taste right so I stopped wasting good tea and started using
> teabags.
> My favorite bag is probably Republic of Tea "Vanilla Almond". Obviously I
> also go through a lot of Early Grey, Yamamoto green/oolong/hojicha, etc
>
> bkr

Beaker

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:14:20 -0700, Melinda quoth:

> Astronomer?

Telescope jockey. Gives me a good excuse to live up here with the
birds in the cool clouds. Very bad for the social life, though.

I usually just think of myself as an eccentric mountain hermit...
....well, actually that's probably what everyone else thinks too.

bkr

Beaker

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:14:20 -0700, Melinda quoth:

> Astronomer?

Telescope jockey. Gives me a good excuse to live up here with the
birds in the cool clouds. Very bad for the social life, though.

I usually just think of myself as an eccentric mountain hermit...
....well, actually that's probably what everyone else thinks too.

bkr

Warren C. Liebold

Dilmah. I have to try Lipton's Yellow Label, though.

Warren

"T" > wrote in message
om...

> Loose teas stay home. This is a beat Lipton/Rose thread.
>

> TBerk

Falky foo

"Solebury Home" ... never'd heard of it before.. it's 15 tea bags in a
purple tin. Earl Grey with rose petals in rather large tetrahedronal
silk-like mesh sealed bags. Absolutely the most beautiful tea thing I've
ever opened. I'm not a bagged tea drinker (and have had these for months)
but they are truly stunningly attractive when you pull them from the tin.
They're large bits of black tea (not dust or fannings) and colorful rose
petals in this fine silken mesh (no strings).. absolutely beautiful. If
only I liked Earl Grey more......

om...

T wrote:
> Loose teas stay home. This is a beat Lipton/Rose thread.
>

> TBerk

That's easy, Taylor's of Harrogate's Yorkshire Gold tea bags. I buy it
here in America at a specialty food shop which carries lots of British
teas, sweets, condiments, etc.

Scott Dorsey

Melinda wrote:
> I like PG Tips and Tetley's in that order. Then Typhoo or Williamson and
> Magore.
>
> I haven't had Twinings in a bag so can't comment on them.

Twinings does a decent job with bag teas. I rather like their Prince of
Wales tea, which is a blend of various Chinese black teas. It's very
consistent from batch to batch, it's cheap, and it's available nearly
anywhere.

If you like similar blends, Jackson's of Piccadily also makes some decent
blends in bags for little money.

For oolongs, the Ten Ren teas are not bad at all. Their guanyin in bags
is really quite good. It's harder to find on short notice when you're
going out of town, but it's still not terribly exotic and it is quite
good.

Stay away from the Foojoy stuff. People keep serving that stuff to me.
I'm not really all _THAT_ particular about teas, but Foojoy makes oolongs
the way Lipton's makes black teas. And what is with Bewley's? That has
to be some of the worst Assam blends ever....
--scott

toci

T wrote:
> Loose teas stay home. This is a beat Lipton/Rose thread.
>

> TBerk

I generally pass on tea away from home but keep some of the "Zinger"
herbal teabags (Celestial Seasoning) in small tin in my purse. I might
also carry caffiene pills. Toci

siDetRaked

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 01:02:42 -0700, "Melinda" >
wrote:

>I haven't had Twinings in a bag so can't comment on them.

PG Tips, Twinings Irish Breakfast and English Breakfast.
--
siDetRaked
since 1938
Melinda

"Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message

> For oolongs, the Ten Ren teas are not bad at all. Their guanyin in bags
> is really quite good. It's harder to find on short notice when you're
> going out of town, but it's still not terribly exotic and it is quite
> good.
>
> Stay away from the Foojoy stuff. People keep serving that stuff to me.
> I'm not really all _THAT_ particular about teas, but Foojoy makes oolongs
> the way Lipton's makes black teas. And what is with Bewley's? That has
> to be some of the worst Assam blends ever....

And I would say just the opposite but with caveats...I haven't had Foojoy
anything in a bag but their Yunnan Tippy looseleaf is stunningly good to me
and for that price, well....it's one of my main teas. I buy in bulk. It's
been better to me that many Yunnan from regular online retailers, more
flavor, more depth...anyhow, enough of that...

The TenRen oolongs on the other hand...when I had their TGY in a bag the
first time I really liked it but I was not familiar with oolongs. Now that I
am I don't care for it as much. 'Course when I was drinking it at first I
was putting milk and sugar in it... And I haven't compared TenRen oolongs
in a bag to other oolongs in a bag because it seems a little hard to FIND
bagged oolong for me, other than the TenRen I mean.

> --scott

Lewis Perin

"Melinda" > writes:

> "Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
>
> > For oolongs, the Ten Ren teas are not bad at all. Their guanyin in bags
> > is really quite good. It's harder to find on short notice when you're
> > going out of town, but it's still not terribly exotic and it is quite
> > good.
> >
> > Stay away from the Foojoy stuff. People keep serving that stuff to me.
> > I'm not really all _THAT_ particular about teas, but Foojoy makes oolongs
> > the way Lipton's makes black teas. And what is with Bewley's? That has
> > to be some of the worst Assam blends ever....

> And I would say just the opposite but with caveats...I haven't had Foojoy
> anything in a bag but their Yunnan Tippy looseleaf is stunningly good to me
> and for that price, well....it's one of my main teas. I buy in bulk. It's
> been better to me that many Yunnan from regular online retailers, more
> flavor, more depth...anyhow, enough of that...

In my experience this tea varies a lot. I've had cans that were very
tasty and insipid cans, too.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Lewis Perin

"Melinda" > writes:

> "Scott Dorsey" > wrote in message
>
> > For oolongs, the Ten Ren teas are not bad at all. Their guanyin in bags
> > is really quite good. It's harder to find on short notice when you're
> > going out of town, but it's still not terribly exotic and it is quite
> > good.
> >
> > Stay away from the Foojoy stuff. People keep serving that stuff to me.
> > I'm not really all _THAT_ particular about teas, but Foojoy makes oolongs
> > the way Lipton's makes black teas. And what is with Bewley's? That has
> > to be some of the worst Assam blends ever....

> And I would say just the opposite but with caveats...I haven't had Foojoy
> anything in a bag but their Yunnan Tippy looseleaf is stunningly good to me
> and for that price, well....it's one of my main teas. I buy in bulk. It's
> been better to me that many Yunnan from regular online retailers, more
> flavor, more depth...anyhow, enough of that...

In my experience this tea varies a lot. I've had cans that were very
tasty and insipid cans, too.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
BOSSMAN

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 06:43:27 GMT, T > wrote:

>Loose teas stay home. This is a beat Lipton/Rose thread.
>

>TBerk

Barrry's Gold Label in not bad to tea in a teabag.

It sells for about $6.79 for 80 tea bags..

BOSSMAN