tamkatie

Default Brewing Pu-er + Rose in Pu-er pot, bad or not?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to keep my 1 tea pot for Pu-er only, but I'm wondering if I can/
should brew Pu-er + rose with it? Would the roses have any negative effect
on the tea pot?

Also, I just cracked up my first pu-er cake last night... really a chore but
so much fun!

Katie Tam
tamkatie at rogers.com

Lewis Perin

"tamkatie" <tamkatie_at_rogers.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to keep my 1 tea pot for Pu-er only, but I'm wondering if I can/
> should brew Pu-er + rose with it? Would the roses have any negative effect
> on the tea pot?

Are you talking about an unglazed (e.g. Yixing) pot? If so, you run
the risk of it smelling of roses for a long time, which I suppose is a
matter of taste. With a glazed pot, it's only a question of cleaning
it well after you're done with the rose stuff.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Lewis Perin

"tamkatie" <tamkatie_at_rogers.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to keep my 1 tea pot for Pu-er only, but I'm wondering if I can/
> should brew Pu-er + rose with it? Would the roses have any negative effect
> on the tea pot?

Are you talking about an unglazed (e.g. Yixing) pot? If so, you run
the risk of it smelling of roses for a long time, which I suppose is a
matter of taste. With a glazed pot, it's only a question of cleaning
it well after you're done with the rose stuff.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
tamkatie

It's an unglazed Yi Xing pot... right now it doesn't even have the smell of
pu-er... probably I haven't used it enough yet.

> Are you talking about an unglazed (e.g. Yixing) pot? If so, you run
> the risk of it smelling of roses for a long time, which I suppose is a
> matter of taste. With a glazed pot, it's only a question of cleaning
> it well after you're done with the rose stuff.

tamkatie

It's an unglazed Yi Xing pot... right now it doesn't even have the smell of
pu-er... probably I haven't used it enough yet.

> Are you talking about an unglazed (e.g. Yixing) pot? If so, you run
> the risk of it smelling of roses for a long time, which I suppose is a
> matter of taste. With a glazed pot, it's only a question of cleaning
> it well after you're done with the rose stuff.

Falky foo

I'd make sure you really like the taste of rose in your pu before infusing
it into your yixing. maybe do it in a normal glazed pot a few times to make
sure you won't get sick of it. You can always add roses to the tea after
pouring from the pot, but you can't get rose essence out of the pot easily.

"tamkatie" <tamkatie_at_rogers.com> wrote in message
> It's an unglazed Yi Xing pot... right now it doesn't even have the smell

of
> pu-er... probably I haven't used it enough yet.
>

> > Are you talking about an unglazed (e.g. Yixing) pot? If so, you run
> > the risk of it smelling of roses for a long time, which I suppose is a
> > matter of taste. With a glazed pot, it's only a question of cleaning
> > it well after you're done with the rose stuff.

Falky foo

I'd make sure you really like the taste of rose in your pu before infusing
it into your yixing. maybe do it in a normal glazed pot a few times to make
sure you won't get sick of it. You can always add roses to the tea after
pouring from the pot, but you can't get rose essence out of the pot easily.

"tamkatie" <tamkatie_at_rogers.com> wrote in message
> It's an unglazed Yi Xing pot... right now it doesn't even have the smell

of
> pu-er... probably I haven't used it enough yet.
>

> > Are you talking about an unglazed (e.g. Yixing) pot? If so, you run
> > the risk of it smelling of roses for a long time, which I suppose is a
> > matter of taste. With a glazed pot, it's only a question of cleaning
> > it well after you're done with the rose stuff.

tamkatie

That is very true.... I guess I'll try adding roses after.

Thank you!

"Falky foo" > wrote in message
m...
> I'd make sure you really like the taste of rose in your pu before infusing
> it into your yixing. maybe do it in a normal glazed pot a few times to

make
> sure you won't get sick of it. You can always add roses to the tea after
> pouring from the pot, but you can't get rose essence out of the pot

easily.

tamkatie

That is very true.... I guess I'll try adding roses after.

Thank you!

"Falky foo" > wrote in message
m...
> I'd make sure you really like the taste of rose in your pu before infusing
> it into your yixing. maybe do it in a normal glazed pot a few times to

make
> sure you won't get sick of it. You can always add roses to the tea after
> pouring from the pot, but you can't get rose essence out of the pot

easily.

Mydnight

I wouldn't put roses in it unless you want all of your pu'er to taste
like roses. If you want to brew pu'er with something added, use a
china pot or a normal pot, not the yixing pots. They are very
sensitive! heh.