Abby

Default new tea drinker

Hello all,
I am a relatively new tea drinker, a convert from coffee. I noticed how
good I feel drinking tea and how slightly sick I felt after coffee. So,
now I want to explore more about tea. Anyway, I am curious about the
differences between green and white teas, in terms of health-related
benefits. Thanks!

Abby
www.cakefortwo.com

Bluesea

"Abby" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello all,
> I am a relatively new tea drinker, a convert from coffee. I noticed how
> good I feel drinking tea and how slightly sick I felt after coffee. So,
> now I want to explore more about tea. Anyway, I am curious about the
> differences between green and white teas, in terms of health-related
> benefits. Thanks!

Hi, Abby, and Welcome to the group!

You might want to ask health-related questions in misc.health.alternative as
the r.f.d.t. charter says we're not to discuss tea as anything other than a
beverage.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"Abby" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello all,
> I am a relatively new tea drinker, a convert from coffee. I noticed how
> good I feel drinking tea and how slightly sick I felt after coffee. So,
> now I want to explore more about tea. Anyway, I am curious about the
> differences between green and white teas, in terms of health-related
> benefits. Thanks!

Hi, Abby, and Welcome to the group!

You might want to ask health-related questions in misc.health.alternative as
the r.f.d.t. charter says we're not to discuss tea as anything other than a
beverage.

--
~~Bluesea~~

pilo_

In article >,
"Bluesea" > wrote:

> Hi, Abby,
> You might want to ask health-related questions in misc.health.alternative as
> the r.f.d.t. charter says we're not to discuss tea as anything other than a
> beverage.

Welcome nonetheless, Abby. And discussions here range
far and wide, sometimes with only tea only as a distant
adjunct. Your questions about health characteristics of
green and white tea are right on topic, as far as I'm con-
cerned. I'll see if I can dig up some resources for you -
the web is loaded with stuff about tea, so a google
search will probably get you started.................p*
pilo_

In article >,
"Bluesea" > wrote:

> Hi, Abby,
> You might want to ask health-related questions in misc.health.alternative as
> the r.f.d.t. charter says we're not to discuss tea as anything other than a
> beverage.

Welcome nonetheless, Abby. And discussions here range
far and wide, sometimes with only tea only as a distant
adjunct. Your questions about health characteristics of
green and white tea are right on topic, as far as I'm con-
cerned. I'll see if I can dig up some resources for you -
the web is loaded with stuff about tea, so a google
search will probably get you started.................p*

Bluesea

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bluesea" > wrote:
>

> > Hi, Abby,
> > You might want to ask health-related questions in

misc.health.alternative as
> > the r.f.d.t. charter says we're not to discuss tea as anything other

than a
> > beverage.

> Welcome nonetheless, Abby.

"nonetheless" ???

Hey, what's the deal? Your snipping my "Welcome to the group" and your
"nonetheless" is as though I didn't welcome her. As for the rest of it, if
she's primarily interested in tea as a health benefit, there's no reason she
can't join the other group as well as this one since their interest is more
in accordance with what she posted.

Abby: WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bluesea" > wrote:
>

> > Hi, Abby,
> > You might want to ask health-related questions in

misc.health.alternative as
> > the r.f.d.t. charter says we're not to discuss tea as anything other

than a
> > beverage.

> Welcome nonetheless, Abby.

"nonetheless" ???

Hey, what's the deal? Your snipping my "Welcome to the group" and your
"nonetheless" is as though I didn't welcome her. As for the rest of it, if
she's primarily interested in tea as a health benefit, there's no reason she
can't join the other group as well as this one since their interest is more
in accordance with what she posted.

Abby: WELCOME TO THE GROUP!!!

--
~~Bluesea~~

RJP

"Abby" > wrote:

> I am a relatively new tea drinker, a convert from coffee. I noticed how
> good I feel drinking tea and how slightly sick I felt after coffee. So,
> now I want to explore more about tea. Anyway, I am curious about the
> differences between green and white teas, in terms of health-related
> benefits. Thanks!

I have read a fair bit of stuff on the health benefits of tea. I would be
very surprised if there are any significant differences between the
benefits of green and white; I would even be surprised if white has
been studied very much in this regard. At this point, judging by
what I have read, it seems that all real tea has health benefits,
and that there are some differences (as well as some similarities)
between black and green.

--
Randy
(if replying by e-mail, remove SPAMFREE and DeLeTe from my address)

RJP

"Abby" > wrote:

> I am a relatively new tea drinker, a convert from coffee. I noticed how
> good I feel drinking tea and how slightly sick I felt after coffee. So,
> now I want to explore more about tea. Anyway, I am curious about the
> differences between green and white teas, in terms of health-related
> benefits. Thanks!

I have read a fair bit of stuff on the health benefits of tea. I would be
very surprised if there are any significant differences between the
benefits of green and white; I would even be surprised if white has
been studied very much in this regard. At this point, judging by
what I have read, it seems that all real tea has health benefits,
and that there are some differences (as well as some similarities)
between black and green.

--
Randy
(if replying by e-mail, remove SPAMFREE and DeLeTe from my address)
Current book recommendation: BLUE LIKE JAZZ

pilo_

In article >,
"Bluesea" > wrote:

> Hey, what's the deal? Your snipping my "Welcome to the group" and your
> "nonetheless" is as though I didn't welcome her. As for the rest of it, if
> she's primarily interested in tea as a health benefit, there's no reason she
> can't join the other group as well as this one since their interest is more
> in accordance with what she posted.

it's just that when i read your post, it sounded much
like you were informing her that she should look elsewhere
for the info she wanted, which is absurd when there are
threads about crocodile steaks going on. i thought her
request for health info is spot on topic - she was asking
a specific question about TEA, fer cryin' out loud.
i just hope she hasn't been run off.
the snip was not editorial, btw..................p*

pilo_

In article >,
"Bluesea" > wrote:

> Hey, what's the deal? Your snipping my "Welcome to the group" and your
> "nonetheless" is as though I didn't welcome her. As for the rest of it, if
> she's primarily interested in tea as a health benefit, there's no reason she
> can't join the other group as well as this one since their interest is more
> in accordance with what she posted.

it's just that when i read your post, it sounded much
like you were informing her that she should look elsewhere
for the info she wanted, which is absurd when there are
threads about crocodile steaks going on. i thought her
request for health info is spot on topic - she was asking
a specific question about TEA, fer cryin' out loud.
i just hope she hasn't been run off.
the snip was not editorial, btw..................p*
pilo_

In article >,
"RJP" > wrote:

> I have read a fair bit of stuff on the health benefits of tea. I would be
> very surprised if there are any significant differences between the
> benefits of green and white;

actually, i have read that there _are_ specific differences
between the tea types, oolongs having certain qualities
that you don't get from greens, certain from white not in
oolong, etc etc...............................p*
pilo_

In article >,
"RJP" > wrote:

> I have read a fair bit of stuff on the health benefits of tea. I would be
> very surprised if there are any significant differences between the
> benefits of green and white;

actually, i have read that there _are_ specific differences
between the tea types, oolongs having certain qualities
that you don't get from greens, certain from white not in
oolong, etc etc...............................p*
Bluesea

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bluesea" > wrote:
>
> > Hey, what's the deal? Your snipping my "Welcome to the group" and your
> > "nonetheless" is as though I didn't welcome her. As for the rest of it,

if
> > she's primarily interested in tea as a health benefit, there's no reason

she
> > can't join the other group as well as this one since their interest is

more
> > in accordance with what she posted.

> it's just that when i read your post, it sounded much
> like you were informing her that she should look elsewhere
> for the info she wanted, which is absurd when there are
> threads about crocodile steaks going on. i thought her
> request for health info is spot on topic - she was asking
> a specific question about TEA, fer cryin' out loud.
> i just hope she hasn't been run off.
> the snip was not editorial, btw..................p*

Okie-doke. Let's just chalk it up to a misunderstanding 'cause I did take
your snip and "nonetheless" to be editorial.

The croc steaks had LS as the accompanying beverage, so that's definitely
on, IMO. You know, I think you would have done better to point out the
COOKING thread which isn't about tea as a beverage but as a recipe
ingredient .

See, Abby? We're basically a nice group of people and we try to get along.
Hang around, whydontcha? We only get testy on the first Tues. of even months
when there's a new moon. Have you read our FAQ,
http://pages.ripco.net/~c4ha2na9/tea/faq.html? What are your favorite teas
so far?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bluesea" > wrote:
>
> > Hey, what's the deal? Your snipping my "Welcome to the group" and your
> > "nonetheless" is as though I didn't welcome her. As for the rest of it,

if
> > she's primarily interested in tea as a health benefit, there's no reason

she
> > can't join the other group as well as this one since their interest is

more
> > in accordance with what she posted.

> it's just that when i read your post, it sounded much
> like you were informing her that she should look elsewhere
> for the info she wanted, which is absurd when there are
> threads about crocodile steaks going on. i thought her
> request for health info is spot on topic - she was asking
> a specific question about TEA, fer cryin' out loud.
> i just hope she hasn't been run off.
> the snip was not editorial, btw..................p*

Okie-doke. Let's just chalk it up to a misunderstanding 'cause I did take
your snip and "nonetheless" to be editorial.

The croc steaks had LS as the accompanying beverage, so that's definitely
on, IMO. You know, I think you would have done better to point out the
COOKING thread which isn't about tea as a beverage but as a recipe
ingredient .

See, Abby? We're basically a nice group of people and we try to get along.
Hang around, whydontcha? We only get testy on the first Tues. of even months
when there's a new moon. Have you read our FAQ,
http://pages.ripco.net/~c4ha2na9/tea/faq.html? What are your favorite teas
so far?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bluesea" > wrote:
>
> > Hey, what's the deal? Your snipping my "Welcome to the group" and your
> > "nonetheless" is as though I didn't welcome her. As for the rest of it,

if
> > she's primarily interested in tea as a health benefit, there's no reason

she
> > can't join the other group as well as this one since their interest is

more
> > in accordance with what she posted.

> it's just that when i read your post, it sounded much
> like you were informing her that she should look elsewhere
> for the info she wanted, which is absurd when there are
> threads about crocodile steaks going on. i thought her
> request for health info is spot on topic - she was asking
> a specific question about TEA, fer cryin' out loud.
> i just hope she hasn't been run off.
> the snip was not editorial, btw..................p*

Okie-doke. Let's just chalk it up to a misunderstanding 'cause I did take
your snip and "nonetheless" to be editorial.

The croc steaks had LS as the accompanying beverage, so that's definitely
on, IMO. You know, I think you would have done better to point out the
COOKING thread which isn't about tea as a beverage but as a recipe
ingredient .

See, Abby? We're basically a nice group of people and we try to get along.
Hang around, whydontcha? We only get testy on the first Tues. of even months
when there's a new moon. Have you read our FAQ,
http://pages.ripco.net/~c4ha2na9/tea/faq.html? What are your favorite teas
so far?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "RJP" > wrote:
>

> > I have read a fair bit of stuff on the health benefits of tea. I would

be
> > very surprised if there are any significant differences between the
> > benefits of green and white;

> actually, i have read that there _are_ specific differences
> between the tea types, oolongs having certain qualities
> that you don't get from greens, certain from white not in
> oolong, etc etc...............................p*

I agree, though I can't quote specifics. Some benefits overlap and some,
IIRC, are more/better within a type.

Wouldn't it be easier to drink them all?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "RJP" > wrote:
>

> > I have read a fair bit of stuff on the health benefits of tea. I would

be
> > very surprised if there are any significant differences between the
> > benefits of green and white;

> actually, i have read that there _are_ specific differences
> between the tea types, oolongs having certain qualities
> that you don't get from greens, certain from white not in
> oolong, etc etc...............................p*

I agree, though I can't quote specifics. Some benefits overlap and some,
IIRC, are more/better within a type.

Wouldn't it be easier to drink them all?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "RJP" > wrote:
>

> > I have read a fair bit of stuff on the health benefits of tea. I would

be
> > very surprised if there are any significant differences between the
> > benefits of green and white;

> actually, i have read that there _are_ specific differences
> between the tea types, oolongs having certain qualities
> that you don't get from greens, certain from white not in
> oolong, etc etc...............................p*

I agree, though I can't quote specifics. Some benefits overlap and some,
IIRC, are more/better within a type.

Wouldn't it be easier to drink them all?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Abby

Hi Bluesea,
Sorry! I wasn't aware of this. Will aim to follow rules in future.
Abby

Abby

Hi Bluesea,
Sorry! I wasn't aware of this. Will aim to follow rules in future.
Abby

Abby

hello, Thanks for the welcome. I'm didn't mean to spawn an argument!
I feel welcomed all the same. Thanks for taking interest in anwering my
inquiry.

Abby
www.cakefortwo.com

Abby

I am happy to be here. Thanks for the welcome. I'm off to check into
the FAQ.
My favorite tea so far is jasmine.
Abby

www.cakefortwo.com

pilo_

In article .com>,
"Abby" > wrote:

> Hi Bluesea,
> Sorry! I wasn't aware of this. Will aim to follow rules in future.
> Abby

Hi Abby -

at the risk of raising bluesea's ire, i must
reiterate that your question was totally fine.
anything to do with tea (and croc steaks)
is open for discussion! ...........................p*
pilo_

In article .com>,
"Abby" > wrote:

> Hi Bluesea,
> Sorry! I wasn't aware of this. Will aim to follow rules in future.
> Abby

Hi Abby -

at the risk of raising bluesea's ire, i must
reiterate that your question was totally fine.
anything to do with tea (and croc steaks)
is open for discussion! ...........................p*

pingkan

Hello everybody,
I'm also a new tea drinker. Frankly, I never liked tea before. But it
changed a few months ago. I try new variant of tea that helps me clean
up my kidney. It can also help those who have drugs addiction and other
illness related to kidney, such as diabetic, hypertension,
osteoporosis, etc. My friends and family have proved it. My mother just
got out of hospital and the doctor still asked her to drink some drugs
to cure her illnes. But she stoped taking chemical drugs and tried this
tea. And she's much healthier now after throwing all those chemical
trash.
Interested ?

The Immoral Mr Teas

> Music is Lonnie Johnson. They say Django Reinhardt is a great guitarist, and
> so he is, but Lonnie Johnson is still the king in my book. He's got it all.

Well he's definitely got that wood-camphor thing.

Cheers Michael!

Abby

Thanks p,
I appreciate the kindness. I got a good chuckle about the croc steaks
too.
Abby

pilo_

In article .com>,
"Abby" > wrote:

> Thanks p,
> I appreciate the kindness. I got a good chuckle about the croc steaks
> too.
> Abby

so, are you drinking loose-leaf tea, or bags? .......p*
pilo_

In article .com>,
"Abby" > wrote:

> Thanks p,
> I appreciate the kindness. I got a good chuckle about the croc steaks
> too.
> Abby

so, are you drinking loose-leaf tea, or bags? .......p*

KK

Welcome to the world of tea!

I enjoy tea as a beverage so I don't follow the health benefits side
that closely. My understanding is that white tea has the highest
antioxidant because it has the least processing of all tea categories.

As a Chinese, I have heard different traditional beliefs about tea
growing up. Black tea is believed to help digestion esp. grease;
oolong is the most mild for the body to digest; green tea can "cool
down" hot food and deep fried food. One more thing - Green tea is
believed to be bad for stomach lining so I always have some food
before drinking green tea.

For me, I drink whatever feels good to me at the time! :-)

Margaret

"Abby" > wrote in message oups.com>...
> Hello all,
> I am a relatively new tea drinker, a convert from coffee. I noticed how
> good I feel drinking tea and how slightly sick I felt after coffee. So,
> now I want to explore more about tea. Anyway, I am curious about the
> differences between green and white teas, in terms of health-related
> benefits. Thanks!
>
> Abby
> www.cakefortwo.com

KK

Welcome to the world of tea!

I enjoy tea as a beverage so I don't follow the health benefits side
that closely. My understanding is that white tea has the highest
antioxidant because it has the least processing of all tea categories.

As a Chinese, I have heard different traditional beliefs about tea
growing up. Black tea is believed to help digestion esp. grease;
oolong is the most mild for the body to digest; green tea can "cool
down" hot food and deep fried food. One more thing - Green tea is
believed to be bad for stomach lining so I always have some food
before drinking green tea.

For me, I drink whatever feels good to me at the time! :-)

Margaret

"Abby" > wrote in message oups.com>...
> Hello all,
> I am a relatively new tea drinker, a convert from coffee. I noticed how
> good I feel drinking tea and how slightly sick I felt after coffee. So,
> now I want to explore more about tea. Anyway, I am curious about the
> differences between green and white teas, in terms of health-related
> benefits. Thanks!
>
> Abby
> www.cakefortwo.com

Are you a tea drinker? ImStillMags General Cooking 39 02-10-2013 04:48 AM
Pu-erh foray, for white tea drinker [email protected] Tea 4 13-04-2008 07:35 AM
Newbie Tea drinker question Araxen Tea 1 08-12-2006 06:29 AM
Newbie Tea drinker question Michael Plant Tea 0 27-03-2006 12:48 PM
new tea drinker Abby Tea 0 05-04-2005 06:32 PM