Space Cowboy

Default Caffeine weight

I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram of
tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine in
a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all started
when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups of
coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of oolong
at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the tea
but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine per
gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup with
2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee. What
numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?

Jim

Serendip

On 3/27/2005 4:29 PM, Space Cowboy wrote:
> I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram of
> tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
> constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
> Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine in
> a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all started
> when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups of
> coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of oolong
> at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the tea
> but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine per
> gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup with
> 2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
> caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee. What
> numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?
>
> Jim

Hi Jim,

I don't have an answer, but the (useless) Sunday newspaper here includes
"USA Weekend" for the Sunday magazine, and the article I'm linking to
below was in it today. He writes that 200 milligrams is "about the
amount of caffeine in two cups of regular coffee, three cups of black
tea or four cans of cola" but says:

"Caffeine is difficult to measure. Coffee tends to contain the most,
followed by teas and soft drinks. But there are so many varieties, sizes
and strengths of coffee that you can no longer make simple statements
about how much is in your favorite cup of joe."

http://www.usaweekend.com/05_issues/...althsmart.html or

http://tinyurl.com/63rro

Resa
Space Cowboy

That's the article my wife read to me this morning. We have a division
of labor on Sunday. I make the tea and breakfast and she reads me
anything she finds interesting in the paper. I have to scrounge
through the paper on Monday to learn the Saturday sports results. So
30mg/g of caffeine would almost equal the 200mg of tea over three cups
of tea. That's almost 3% of caffeine by weight. I've drawn a blank on
any caffeine number for tea.

Jim

Serendip wrote:
> On 3/27/2005 4:29 PM, Space Cowboy wrote:
> > I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram

of
> > tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
> > constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
> > Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine

in
> > a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all

started
> > when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups

of
> > coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of

oolong
> > at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the

tea
> > but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine

per
> > gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup

with
> > 2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
> > caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee.

What
> > numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?
> >
> > Jim

> Hi Jim,
>
> I don't have an answer, but the (useless) Sunday newspaper here

includes
> "USA Weekend" for the Sunday magazine, and the article I'm linking to
> below was in it today. He writes that 200 milligrams is "about the
> amount of caffeine in two cups of regular coffee, three cups of black
> tea or four cans of cola" but says:
>
> "Caffeine is difficult to measure. Coffee tends to contain the most,
> followed by teas and soft drinks. But there are so many varieties,

sizes
> and strengths of coffee that you can no longer make simple statements
> about how much is in your favorite cup of joe."
>
> http://www.usaweekend.com/05_issues/...althsmart.html

or

> http://tinyurl.com/63rro
>
> Resa

Space Cowboy

Serendip wrote:
> On 3/27/2005 4:29 PM, Space Cowboy wrote:
> > I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram

of
> > tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
> > constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
> > Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine

in
> > a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all

started
> > when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups

of
> > coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of

oolong
> > at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the

tea
> > but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine

per
> > gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup

with
> > 2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
> > caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee.

What
> > numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?
> >
> > Jim

> Hi Jim,
>
> I don't have an answer, but the (useless) Sunday newspaper here

includes
> "USA Weekend" for the Sunday magazine, and the article I'm linking to
> below was in it today. He writes that 200 milligrams is "about the
> amount of caffeine in two cups of regular coffee, three cups of black
> tea or four cans of cola" but says:
>
> "Caffeine is difficult to measure. Coffee tends to contain the most,
> followed by teas and soft drinks. But there are so many varieties,

sizes
> and strengths of coffee that you can no longer make simple statements
> about how much is in your favorite cup of joe."
>
> http://www.usaweekend.com/05_issues/...althsmart.html

or

> http://tinyurl.com/63rro
>
> Resa

RJP

"Space Cowboy" > wrote:

> I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram of
> tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
> constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
> Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine in
> a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all started
> when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups of
> coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of oolong
> at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the tea
> but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine per
> gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup with
> 2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
> caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee. What
> numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?

The Upton website says this:

> The bud and first leaf of the tea plant contain the highest concentration
> of caffeine, between 4 and 5% of the total dry weight, and the second
> leaf contains about 3% of the total dry weight. Thus, the desired "two leaves
> and a bud" plucking contains caffeine that is approximately 4% of the dry
> weight.

You can find this, and more, at their site www.uptontea.com, then click on
"information", and 3/4 of the way down that page, on "caffeine and other
health issues".

--
Randy
(if replying by e-mail, remove SPAMFREE and DeLeTe from my address)

Mike Petro

I know that you have often stated how URLs are trespassing here,and
that you never follow them, but I offer you a link anyway since it
contains a very specific answer to your question.

http://www.holymtn.com/tea/teacaffeine.htm

It ranges from 1.7% to 4.0% depending on tea variety.

Mike
http://www.pu-erh.net

On 27 Mar 2005 13:29:07 -0800, "Space Cowboy" >
wrote:

>I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram of
>tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
>constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
>Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine in
>a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all started
>when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups of
>coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of oolong
>at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the tea
>but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine per
>gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup with
>2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
>caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee. What
>numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?
>
>Jim

Mike Petro

wrote:

>I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram of
>tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
>constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
>Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine in
>a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all started
>when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups of
>coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of oolong
>at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the tea
>but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine per
>gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup with
>2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
>caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee. What
>numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?
>
>Jim

Space Cowboy

Teasites that list caffeine content are the sames ones who claim their
most expensive oolong makes hundreds of cups an oz. All you need for
this group is a newserver and reader or if you have cheap MSN as an ISP
Google Groups. If you want to know something about tea just ask the
group and usually somebody can give you an answer without URLs. I did
some homework and Nigel at Teacraft did a post back in 2000
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...fece8f3894ea0e
which is more informative than websites simply repeating each other.
You could Google all day and not find the kind of information on recent
posts about TGY and LS. I'm the only one recently to ask a question
about a Cantonese packaged puerh in a bamboo basket and not receive an
answer. Too bad because it doesn't taste like a green or black but
something I like better. I suspect it is a rare black LiuAn at $6/500g
but won't know till an expensive black LiuAn arrives from China from a
contact through my local tea shoppe. If they're the same I'll
panhandle on Ebay all I can find in my Chinatown and finally retire.

Jim

Mike Petro wrote:
> I know that you have often stated how URLs are trespassing here,and
> that you never follow them, but I offer you a link anyway since it
> contains a very specific answer to your question.

....I delete URLs with shopping carts...

> On 27 Mar 2005 13:29:07 -0800, "Space Cowboy"

> wrote:
>
> >I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram

of
> >tea.

....I delete me...

Space Cowboy

Mike Petro wrote:
> I know that you have often stated how URLs are trespassing here,and
> that you never follow them, but I offer you a link anyway since it
> contains a very specific answer to your question.

....I delete URLs with shopping carts...

> On 27 Mar 2005 13:29:07 -0800, "Space Cowboy"

> wrote:
>
> >I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram

of
> >tea.

....I delete me...

Michael Plant

Mike,

Jim's got a point in there somewhere. Nigel, if I recall correctly,
emphasized that the data you get from one set of leaves does not necessarily
carry over to others. Instead, he offers a set of guidelines that include
such facts as the leaves closest to the tip of the stem -- the buds, for
example -- contain more caffeine than the older leaves further away from the
stem tip. I look askance at the Holy Mountain caffeine data.

Michael

> Teasites that list caffeine content are the sames ones who claim their
> most expensive oolong makes hundreds of cups an oz. All you need for
> this group is a newserver and reader or if you have cheap MSN as an ISP
> Google Groups. If you want to know something about tea just ask the
> group and usually somebody can give you an answer without URLs. I did
> some homework and Nigel at Teacraft did a post back in 2000
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...read/thread/fa

c933f57fe09f9d/ccfece8f3894ea0e?q=%22caffeine+weight%22&rnum=2#cc fece8f3894e
a0> e
> which is more informative than websites simply repeating each other.
> You could Google all day and not find the kind of information on recent
> posts about TGY and LS. I'm the only one recently to ask a question
> about a Cantonese packaged puerh in a bamboo basket and not receive an
> answer. Too bad because it doesn't taste like a green or black but
> something I like better. I suspect it is a rare black LiuAn at $6/500g
> but won't know till an expensive black LiuAn arrives from China from a
> contact through my local tea shoppe. If they're the same I'll
> panhandle on Ebay all I can find in my Chinatown and finally retire.
>
> Jim
>
> Mike Petro wrote:
>> I know that you have often stated how URLs are trespassing here,and
>> that you never follow them, but I offer you a link anyway since it
>> contains a very specific answer to your question.
>> ...I delete URLs with shopping carts...

Michael Plant

Mike,

Jim's got a point in there somewhere. Nigel, if I recall correctly,
emphasized that the data you get from one set of leaves does not necessarily
carry over to others. Instead, he offers a set of guidelines that include
such facts as the leaves closest to the tip of the stem -- the buds, for
example -- contain more caffeine than the older leaves further away from the
stem tip. I look askance at the Holy Mountain caffeine data.

Michael

> Teasites that list caffeine content are the sames ones who claim their
> most expensive oolong makes hundreds of cups an oz. All you need for
> this group is a newserver and reader or if you have cheap MSN as an ISP
> Google Groups. If you want to know something about tea just ask the
> group and usually somebody can give you an answer without URLs. I did
> some homework and Nigel at Teacraft did a post back in 2000
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...read/thread/fa

c933f57fe09f9d/ccfece8f3894ea0e?q=%22caffeine+weight%22&rnum=2#cc fece8f3894e
a0> e
> which is more informative than websites simply repeating each other.
> You could Google all day and not find the kind of information on recent
> posts about TGY and LS. I'm the only one recently to ask a question
> about a Cantonese packaged puerh in a bamboo basket and not receive an
> answer. Too bad because it doesn't taste like a green or black but
> something I like better. I suspect it is a rare black LiuAn at $6/500g
> but won't know till an expensive black LiuAn arrives from China from a
> contact through my local tea shoppe. If they're the same I'll
> panhandle on Ebay all I can find in my Chinatown and finally retire.
>
> Jim
>
> Mike Petro wrote:
>> I know that you have often stated how URLs are trespassing here,and
>> that you never follow them, but I offer you a link anyway since it
>> contains a very specific answer to your question.
>> ...I delete URLs with shopping carts...

KALLE GRIEGER

HI Jim,

Tea has on average a caffeine contend of 2-4,average 3%(dry weight).
Best
Kalle

Space Cowboy schrieb:
> I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram of
> tea. If there is an answer I don't know it. I think it would be a
> constant across the oxidation styles so the caffeine in a gram of
> Silver Needle would be in the ballpark of puerh making the caffeine in
> a cup a matter of brewing times and not leaf weight. This all started
> when my wife read that coffee has 200mg of caffeine in three cups of
> coffee which I assumed were 6oz each. I was drinking a mug of oolong
> at the time and I could approximate the gram weight to make the the tea
> but no clue to the caffeine level. My guess is 20mg of caffeine per
> gram of tea. I derived that from the fact I would make a 6oz cup with
> 2 grams of tea for a total of 6 grams for the three cups or 120ml
> caffeine which would be about half the given amount of coffee. What
> numbers have you seen for caffeine weight versus tea weight?
>
> Jim

Space Cowboy

I think 3% is a good representative number if you throw out the highs
and lows mentioned in posts and websites so that is 30milligram/gram.

Jim

KALLE GRIEGER wrote:
> HI Jim,
>
> Tea has on average a caffeine contend of 2-4,average 3%(dry weight).
> Best
> Kalle
>
> Space Cowboy schrieb:
> > I just realized I have to guess at the amount of caffeine in a gram

of
> > tea.

....I delete me...

Space Cowboy

Oh now I get it. The bamboo leaf that wraps the puer adds it own scent
as the leaf dries out. I haven't done a core bore yet to see how far
the scent permeates as I've been using leaf from the surface. Still
the leaf infuses to a dark green unlike cooked and uncooked puers.
There are still things you can discover about tea without reading about
it first. I got a heads up when I read that puer packed in Pomelo is
the same idea.

Jim

Space Cowboy wrote:
....I delete me...
> I'm the only one recently to ask a question
> about a Cantonese packaged puerh in a bamboo basket and not receive

an
> answer. Too bad because it doesn't taste like a green or black but
> something I like better. I suspect it is a rare black LiuAn at

$6/500g
> but won't know till an expensive black LiuAn arrives from China from

> contact through my local tea shoppe. If they're the same I'll
> panhandle on Ebay all I can find in my Chinatown and finally retire.
>
> Jim

Space Cowboy

Oh now I get it. The bamboo leaf that wraps the puer adds it own scent
as the leaf dries out. I haven't done a core bore yet to see how far
the scent permeates as I've been using leaf from the surface. Still
the leaf infuses to a dark green unlike cooked and uncooked puers.
There are still things you can discover about tea without reading about
it first. I got a heads up when I read that puer packed in Pomelo is
the same idea.

Jim

Space Cowboy wrote:
....I delete me...
> I'm the only one recently to ask a question
> about a Cantonese packaged puerh in a bamboo basket and not receive

an
> answer. Too bad because it doesn't taste like a green or black but
> something I like better. I suspect it is a rare black LiuAn at

$6/500g
> but won't know till an expensive black LiuAn arrives from China from

> contact through my local tea shoppe. If they're the same I'll
> panhandle on Ebay all I can find in my Chinatown and finally retire.
>
> Jim

Lewis Perin

"Space Cowboy" > writes:

>[...Puerh in bamboo basket...]
> Oh now I get it. The bamboo leaf that wraps the puer adds it own scent
> as the leaf dries out.

Just a minor point he I doubt it's the leaf that's used in the
basket; more likely split stems.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Lewis Perin

"Space Cowboy" > writes:

>[...Puerh in bamboo basket...]
> Oh now I get it. The bamboo leaf that wraps the puer adds it own scent
> as the leaf dries out.

Just a minor point he I doubt it's the leaf that's used in the
basket; more likely split stems.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Scott Dorsey

Michael Plant > wrote:

>Jim's got a point in there somewhere. Nigel, if I recall correctly,
>emphasized that the data you get from one set of leaves does not necessarily
>carry over to others. Instead, he offers a set of guidelines that include
>such facts as the leaves closest to the tip of the stem -- the buds, for
>example -- contain more caffeine than the older leaves further away from the
>stem tip. I look askance at the Holy Mountain caffeine data.

Note first of all that the caffeine level depends somewhat on how you make
the tea; although the caffeine is very soluble and most of it comes out
in the first minute of steeping, there's still a diifference with different
steeping methods and times. So if a company actually took their teas and
titrated them, then gave a caffeine specification in the catalogue, that
specification may not actually relate to a cup you make.

Also note that some teas contain xanthines that are similar but not
identical to caffeine. So, knowing a precise caffeine level may not
translate to knowing the degree of biological effect because it's not
just caffeine doing the job in all cases.
--scott

Space Cowboy

I'm not sure what you mean. The leaf is about 1 3/4 inches wide with
the point and vein in the middle. Each leaf is probably 8 inches in
length probably with a total of ten leaves completely wrapping the
puerh. It'll be a while before I make it to the Botanical Gardens to
double check.

Jim

Lewis Perin wrote:
> "Space Cowboy" > writes:
>
> >[...Puerh in bamboo basket...]
> > Oh now I get it. The bamboo leaf that wraps the puer adds it own

scent
> > as the leaf dries out.

> Just a minor point he I doubt it's the leaf that's used in the
> basket; more likely split stems.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Lewis Perin

"Space Cowboy" > writes:

> I'm not sure what you mean. The leaf is about 1 3/4 inches wide with
> the point and vein in the middle. Each leaf is probably 8 inches in
> length probably with a total of ten leaves completely wrapping the
> puerh. It'll be a while before I make it to the Botanical Gardens to
> double check.

Oh, sorry, if it's clearly made from leaves. I've never seen
something like that before, though I've seen bamboo stem baskets for
tea a number of times.

> Lewis Perin wrote:
> > "Space Cowboy" > writes:
> >
> > >[...Puerh in bamboo basket...]
> > > Oh now I get it. The bamboo leaf that wraps the puer adds it own

> scent
> > > as the leaf dries out.

> > Just a minor point he I doubt it's the leaf that's used in the
> > basket; more likely split stems.
> >
> > /Lew
> > ---
> > Lew Perin /

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /

Lewis Perin

"Space Cowboy" > writes:

> I'm not sure what you mean. The leaf is about 1 3/4 inches wide with
> the point and vein in the middle. Each leaf is probably 8 inches in
> length probably with a total of ten leaves completely wrapping the
> puerh. It'll be a while before I make it to the Botanical Gardens to
> double check.

Oh, sorry, if it's clearly made from leaves. I've never seen
something like that before, though I've seen bamboo stem baskets for
tea a number of times.

> Lewis Perin wrote:
> > "Space Cowboy" > writes:
> >
> > >[...Puerh in bamboo basket...]
> > > Oh now I get it. The bamboo leaf that wraps the puer adds it own

> scent
> > > as the leaf dries out.

> > Just a minor point he I doubt it's the leaf that's used in the
> > basket; more likely split stems.
> >
> > /Lew
> > ---
> > Lew Perin /

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Space Cowboy

The basket is definitely made of stem or stalk.

Jim

Lewis Perin wrote:
> "Space Cowboy" > writes:
>
> > I'm not sure what you mean. The leaf is about 1 3/4 inches wide

with
> > the point and vein in the middle. Each leaf is probably 8 inches

in
> > length probably with a total of ten leaves completely wrapping the
> > puerh. It'll be a while before I make it to the Botanical Gardens

> > double check.

> Oh, sorry, if it's clearly made from leaves. I've never seen
> something like that before, though I've seen bamboo stem baskets for
> tea a number of times.

own
> > scent
> > >
> > > Just a minor point he I doubt it's the leaf that's used in the
> > > basket; more likely split stems.
> > >
> > > /Lew
> > > ---
> > > Lew Perin /

Space Cowboy

Lewis Perin wrote:
> "Space Cowboy" > writes:
>
> > I'm not sure what you mean. The leaf is about 1 3/4 inches wide

with
> > the point and vein in the middle. Each leaf is probably 8 inches

in
> > length probably with a total of ten leaves completely wrapping the
> > puerh. It'll be a while before I make it to the Botanical Gardens

> > double check.

> Oh, sorry, if it's clearly made from leaves. I've never seen
> something like that before, though I've seen bamboo stem baskets for
> tea a number of times.

own
> > scent
> > >
> > > Just a minor point he I doubt it's the leaf that's used in the
> > > basket; more likely split stems.
> > >
> > > /Lew
> > > ---
> > > Lew Perin /

Blues Lyne

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> Mike,
>
> Jim's got a point in there somewhere. Nigel, if I recall correctly,
> emphasized that the data you get from one set of leaves does not
> necessarily
> carry over to others. Instead, he offers a set of guidelines that include
> such facts as the leaves closest to the tip of the stem -- the buds, for
> example -- contain more caffeine than the older leaves further away from
> the
> stem tip. I look askance at the Holy Mountain caffeine data.
>
> Michael
>
>> Teasites that list caffeine content are the sames ones who claim their
>> most expensive oolong makes hundreds of cups an oz. All you need for
>> this group is a newserver and reader or if you have cheap MSN as an ISP
>> Google Groups. If you want to know something about tea just ask the
>> group and usually somebody can give you an answer without URLs. I did
>> some homework and Nigel at Teacraft did a post back in 2000
>> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...read/thread/fa
>>

> c933f57fe09f9d/ccfece8f3894ea0e?q=%22caffeine+weight%22&rnum=2#cc fece8f3894e
> a0> e
>> which is more informative than websites simply repeating each other.
>> You could Google all day and not find the kind of information on recent
>> posts about TGY and LS. I'm the only one recently to ask a question
>> about a Cantonese packaged puerh in a bamboo basket and not receive an
>> answer. Too bad because it doesn't taste like a green or black but
>> something I like better. I suspect it is a rare black LiuAn at $6/500g
>> but won't know till an expensive black LiuAn arrives from China from a
>> contact through my local tea shoppe. If they're the same I'll
>> panhandle on Ebay all I can find in my Chinatown and finally retire.
>>
>> Jim

Am I reading Nigels post wrong? It looks like he's saying that seedling tea
has 1%-3% caffeine and clonal tea 3%-5%, then says most greens are from
seedling and most blacks clonal so black tea has less caffeine.

Blues

Eric Gisin

Here is another site: http://users.argolink.net/purfarms/komchem/teacaff.HTM

I would say the majority are 2.5-3.5%,
or 50-70mg per 2g bag and 75-105g per 3g bag.

A 3g bag is labelled for two cups. Does that mean 12 or 16oz?

"Mike Petro" > wrote in message
> I know that you have often stated how URLs are trespassing here,and
> that you never follow them, but I offer you a link anyway since it
> contains a very specific answer to your question.
>
> http://www.holymtn.com/tea/teacaffeine.htm
>
> It ranges from 1.7% to 4.0% depending on tea variety.

Steve J. Bryan

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:50:15 -0700, Eric Gisin wrote:

> Here is another site: http://users.argolink.net/purfarms/komchem/teacaff.HTM
>
> I would say the majority are 2.5-3.5%,
> or 50-70mg per 2g bag and 75-105g per 3g bag.
>
> A 3g bag is labelled for two cups. Does that mean 12 or 16oz?
>
> "Mike Petro" > wrote in message
>> I know that you have often stated how URLs are trespassing here,and
>> that you never follow them, but I offer you a link anyway since it
>> contains a very specific answer to your question.
>>
>> http://www.holymtn.com/tea/teacaffeine.htm
>>
>> It ranges from 1.7% to 4.0% depending on tea variety.

Interesting list. Why do people say that black tea has more caffeine than
green. From the looks of this list that doesn't seem to be true.

Steve J. Bryan

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:50:15 -0700, Eric Gisin wrote:

> Here is another site: http://users.argolink.net/purfarms/komchem/teacaff.HTM
>
> I would say the majority are 2.5-3.5%,
> or 50-70mg per 2g bag and 75-105g per 3g bag.
>
> A 3g bag is labelled for two cups. Does that mean 12 or 16oz?
>
> "Mike Petro" > wrote in message
>> I know that you have often stated how URLs are trespassing here,and
>> that you never follow them, but I offer you a link anyway since it
>> contains a very specific answer to your question.
>>
>> http://www.holymtn.com/tea/teacaffeine.htm
>>
>> It ranges from 1.7% to 4.0% depending on tea variety.

Interesting list. Why do people say that black tea has more caffeine than
green. From the looks of this list that doesn't seem to be true.

Natural weight loss tactics to lose weight forever and never gain itback. All the weight-loss secrets! mada General Cooking 0 18-08-2010 03:31 PM
Tea and caffeine LurfysMa Tea 10 17-04-2007 08:36 PM
Caffeine Rob Tea 2 11-05-2006 01:27 AM
Caffeine weight Space Cowboy Tea 0 27-03-2005 10:29 PM
Caffeine weight Space Cowboy Tea 0 27-03-2005 10:29 PM