Bluesea

Default Pop Survey

Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we have on
hand.

1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4 lb
(100-125g) or more?

Me: 2 whites, 4 greens, 6 blacks, and 2 herbals.

2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you currently
have on hand?

Me: 2 whites, 8 greens, 17 blacks, and 7 herbals.

3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above weight
categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?

Me: 0.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Melinda

"Bluesea" > wrote in message
> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we have
> on
> hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4 lb
> (100-125g) or more?

How often? I have around four or five blacks, three greens, no whites, no
oolongs (unfortunately) maybe one or two herbals and three or four puers of
various provenances....

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you currently
> have on hand?

Oh geeze...one white...probably around 10 greens, 2 blacks, three puers,
three oolongs, and around 4 herbals.

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?

no idea. I have bits and pieces around, mostly flavored rooiboos that were
VERY artificial tasting that have been sitting in my cupboard for around a
year. I think of them when I am tempted to be carried away by someone else's
idea of a good flavored tea...

Holes in my current collection: a good keemun (I love it...it's
expensive...I love it...but it's expensive...) a fresher green, a good
Darjeeling, a Sikkim anything, CTC assam for chai...

I can buy less of greens and oolongs because I steep them more than twice at
least. I don't do that with blacks. I don't do it with darjeelings (yet)
either, which is unfortunate since they're more expensive on average than,
say, an assam.

Melinda

Melinda

elgoog

Bluesea wrote:
> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we

have on
> hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4

lb
> (100-125g) or more?
>
> Me: 2 whites, 4 greens, 6 blacks, and 2 herbals.

elgoog: 5 greens, 1 black, 1 herbal.

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you

currently
> have on hand?
>
> Me: 2 whites, 8 greens, 17 blacks, and 7 herbals.

elgoog: 1 green, 4 blacks

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above

weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?
>
> Me: 0.

elgoog: 0

elgoog

Bluesea wrote:
> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we

have on
> hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4

lb
> (100-125g) or more?
>
> Me: 2 whites, 4 greens, 6 blacks, and 2 herbals.

elgoog: 5 greens, 1 black, 1 herbal.

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you

currently
> have on hand?
>
> Me: 2 whites, 8 greens, 17 blacks, and 7 herbals.

elgoog: 1 green, 4 blacks

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above

weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?
>
> Me: 0.

elgoog: 0

Sonam Dasara

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:16:32 -0600, Bluesea typed:

> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we have on
> hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4 lb
> (100-125g) or more?

Upton's Jasmine & Oolong; 2 black or green flavored from Marriage Freres
(different ones at different times)

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you currently
> have on hand?

2 or 3 black from Upton's; four or five black or green flavored from
Marriage Freres

0

--
Cordially,

Sonam Dasara
3/24/2005 11:27:36 PM
dovekeeper+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Sonam Dasara

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:16:32 -0600, Bluesea typed:

> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we have on
> hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4 lb
> (100-125g) or more?

Upton's Jasmine & Oolong; 2 black or green flavored from Marriage Freres
(different ones at different times)

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you currently
> have on hand?

2 or 3 black from Upton's; four or five black or green flavored from
Marriage Freres

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?

0

--
Cordially,

Sonam Dasara
3/24/2005 11:27:36 PM
dovekeeper+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Mydnight

1. I buy all my teas in either 'ban jin' or 'yi jin' quanities (250g
or 500g) mainly because that is the most common quantity to buy tea
here in China (most shops only sell like this). Some shops are trying
to sell teas in increments of 50g and up the prices claiming it's a
'high quality tea' but most know the wiser and don't buy in their
shops.

2. I drink in shop before I buy. I do have 3 small sample packs of
some TGY that a boss friend gave me, though.

3. I have much random green tea that is nameless and can only be
classified as green tea. Such teas I acquired as gifts from various
people. Most of it is cheap, but is suitable for everyday consumption
at lunch and dinner. A good stock tea to have.

Eric Jorgensen

"Bluesea" > wrote:

> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we have
> on hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4 lb
> (100-125g) or more?

Like to or, just have?

I've got a pound of an assam SFTGFOP that I'm happy to have. Half a
pound of "kama black" broad leaf 2nd flush black assam tea that I'm glad to
have too. 125g of a fujian oolong that I'm really enjoying for the $2
i spent on it. I've also gone through about half of a 125g package of some
pi lo chun that's not bad. I might like to try a better pi lo chun when I'm
done with it.

So, 2 black, 1 oolong, 1 green.

Also about 200g of PG Tips that i can take or leave, and half a pound of
Earl Gray that can't stop thinking of as being more of an Earl Dead because
it takes only a pinch of these bergamot-laden leaves to turn 4 grams of the
PG Tips or SFTGFOP into pretty reasonable EG. I have no idea what I'm going
to do with all that stuff. Years from now the leaves will be stale but
there will still be enough bergamot left to flavor other teas. If you drink
the stuff straight it's like huffing citrus degreaser.

I also have about 150g of an assam green that was a freebie. There's a
reason you never hear about assam greens. it's not bad, it's just got
nothing at all to recommend it.

These are the hazards of buying tea online, when it costs about 20% more
to get 5x as much tea in some cases.

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you

currently
> have on hand?

five black, one very green, broad leaf darjeeling oolong. I think.

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?

0

Eric Jorgensen

"Bluesea" > wrote:

> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we have
> on hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4 lb
> (100-125g) or more?

Like to or, just have?

I've got a pound of an assam SFTGFOP that I'm happy to have. Half a
pound of "kama black" broad leaf 2nd flush black assam tea that I'm glad to
have too. 125g of a fujian oolong that I'm really enjoying for the $2
i spent on it. I've also gone through about half of a 125g package of some
pi lo chun that's not bad. I might like to try a better pi lo chun when I'm
done with it.

So, 2 black, 1 oolong, 1 green.

Also about 200g of PG Tips that i can take or leave, and half a pound of
Earl Gray that can't stop thinking of as being more of an Earl Dead because
it takes only a pinch of these bergamot-laden leaves to turn 4 grams of the
PG Tips or SFTGFOP into pretty reasonable EG. I have no idea what I'm going
to do with all that stuff. Years from now the leaves will be stale but
there will still be enough bergamot left to flavor other teas. If you drink
the stuff straight it's like huffing citrus degreaser.

I also have about 150g of an assam green that was a freebie. There's a
reason you never hear about assam greens. it's not bad, it's just got
nothing at all to recommend it.

These are the hazards of buying tea online, when it costs about 20% more
to get 5x as much tea in some cases.

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you

currently
> have on hand?

five black, one very green, broad leaf darjeeling oolong. I think.

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?

0

Derek

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:16:32 -0600, Bluesea wrote:

> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we have on
> hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4 lb
> (100-125g) or more?

My local shop sells in minimums of 3 ounces, typically 4. Everything I
get is 1/4 lb.

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you currently
> have on hand?

None. Samples don't last long around here. If they're good, they get
consumed. If they're bad, they get tossed.

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?

2. I've got some chamomile and some peppermint that are annoyingly
light and fluffy, and 4 ounces takes more volume than the bags at the
shop will hold.

Now, how many types of teas do we have onhand? About 14. Some get
consumed more rapidly than others.

--
Derek

"The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards."
-- Arthur Koestler
Derek

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:16:32 -0600, Bluesea wrote:

> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we have on
> hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4 lb
> (100-125g) or more?

My local shop sells in minimums of 3 ounces, typically 4. Everything I
get is 1/4 lb.

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you currently
> have on hand?

None. Samples don't last long around here. If they're good, they get
consumed. If they're bad, they get tossed.

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?

2. I've got some chamomile and some peppermint that are annoyingly
light and fluffy, and 4 ounces takes more volume than the bags at the
shop will hold.

Now, how many types of teas do we have onhand? About 14. Some get
consumed more rapidly than others.

--
Derek

"The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards."
-- Arthur Koestler
toci

Bluesea wrote:
> Inspired by what Lew said, this pop survey is to see how much tea we

have on
> hand.
>
> 1. How many teas do you currently like to purchase in amounts of 1/4

lb
> (100-125g) or more?
>
> Me: 2 whites, 4 greens, 6 blacks, and 2 herbals.
>

> 2. How many tea samples, amounts of 1 oz (~28g) or less, do you

currently
> have on hand?
>
> Me: 2 whites, 8 greens, 17 blacks, and 7 herbals.
>

> 3. How many teas do you have that don't fit in either of the above

weight
> categories (multiple samples of a single tea from a single vendor,
> tins/packages that are >1oz and <1/4 lb, etc.)?
>
> Me: 0.
>

> --
> ~~Bluesea~~
> Spam is great in musubi but not in email.
> Please take out the trash before sending a direct reply.

1. None. 2. 1 white, 3 greens, 2 blacks, 5 spice and herbals. 3. 4
medicinals-herbals. Toci

toci