Melinda

Default Would someone with a scale...

please do me a little favor...if you have a broken leaf tea somewhere (pref.
an assam or ceylon, something like that) could you please measure out a
level teaspoon and see just how much it weighs? I don't have a scale yet and
I'm trying to get a general idea if I've been making tea to a similar
strength as what some of the websites say. Thanks!!

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are

Frank & Renee

Hi Melinda,

I have a 125 g/ 4 oz balance scale (not digital). I did not have a broken
leaf Assam or Ceylon on hand but I do have Rungagora Estate Assam TGFOP. It
is the last teaspoon in the bag--small tips, broken pieces and some dust. I
measured a level teaspoon and got between 1.8 - 1.9 g (hard to be absolutely
accurate with full gram hash marks and an air bubble). I would say that for
the broken leaf, this would be fairly close...you could round it up to 2g.

Renee

"Melinda" > wrote in message
> please do me a little favor...if you have a broken leaf tea somewhere

(pref.
> an assam or ceylon, something like that) could you please measure out a
> level teaspoon and see just how much it weighs? I don't have a scale yet

and
> I'm trying to get a general idea if I've been making tea to a similar
> strength as what some of the websites say. Thanks!!
>
> Melinda
>
> --
> "The country has entered an era in which
> questions are not asked, for questions are
> daughters of disquiet or arrogance, both
> fruits of temptation and the food of sacrilege." Djaout

Melinda

Excellant, thank you very much Renee!! Now I can think in terms of a general
ballpark, not being familiar with metric as it relates to food....

Melinda