Old 20-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Serendip

On 2/20/2005 1:51 PM, Bluesea wrote:
"Serendip" wrote in message

Again, thank you. (Does Upton track referrals? Considering that I've had
to refill my pen from all the notations, if they do, you should get

credit!)

I don't know. I've never looked or asked.

Refill your pen? Do you use a fountain pen? (I do.)

Yes, fountain pens only. Well, mostly only.

The now-refilled pen happens to be a (no longer manufactured) Rotring
Freeway with smooth-as-butter custom ground fine italic nib, filled with
Herbin Bleu Myo ink. -- That was to show that I *can* (and will!) pay
attention to things like steep times, blends, etc!

Resa

Old 20-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Bluesea

"Serendip" wrote in message
On 2/20/2005 1:51 PM, Bluesea wrote:

Refill your pen? Do you use a fountain pen? (I do.)

Yes, fountain pens only. Well, mostly only.

The now-refilled pen happens to be a (no longer manufactured) Rotring
Freeway with smooth-as-butter custom ground fine italic nib, filled with
Herbin Bleu Myo ink. -- That was to show that I *can* (and will!) pay
attention to things like steep times, blends, etc!

Kewl! I keep 4 fps filled with Noodler's contract inks - permanent,
waterproof, fp-safe inks and use them in my tea journal so I don't have to
be concerned about getting drips of water in it which I keep in the kitchen
for easy reference.

I invite you to come on over to alt.collecting.pens-pencils sometime. We're
mostly into using fps (despite the name of the group) and the participants
are mostly nice, just like here.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old 20-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Serendip

On 2/20/2005 2:48 PM, Bluesea wrote:
"Serendip" wrote in message
On 2/20/2005 1:51 PM, Bluesea wrote:

Refill your pen? Do you use a fountain pen? (I do.)

Yes, fountain pens only. Well, mostly only.

The now-refilled pen happens to be a (no longer manufactured) Rotring
Freeway with smooth-as-butter custom ground fine italic nib, filled with
Herbin Bleu Myo ink. -- That was to show that I *can* (and will!) pay
attention to things like steep times, blends, etc!

Kewl! I keep 4 fps filled with Noodler's contract inks - permanent,
waterproof, fp-safe inks and use them in my tea journal so I don't have to
be concerned about getting drips of water in it which I keep in the kitchen
for easy reference.

I invite you to come on over to alt.collecting.pens-pencils sometime. We're
mostly into using fps (despite the name of the group) and the participants
are mostly nice, just like here.

Thanks - I've been reading acpp for about 10 years, and have known
Nathan since the days when he actually had time to do pen repair! Thanks
for the contract ink suggestion - have a couple of his colors, but not
any of those... yet. This also means that we may "know" each other
already - small world!

There *are* some really nice and helpful people there, but to be honest
- I learned how to killfile because of that group. I keep thinking that
someone will have posted about the LA show, but nothing yet.

Resa
Old 20-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Bluesea

"Serendip" wrote in message

I invite you to come on over to alt.collecting.pens-pencils sometime.

We're
mostly into using fps (despite the name of the group) and the

participants
are mostly nice, just like here.

Thanks - I've been reading acpp for about 10 years, and have known
Nathan since the days when he actually had time to do pen repair! Thanks
for the contract ink suggestion - have a couple of his colors, but not
any of those... yet. This also means that we may "know" each other
already - small world!

There *are* some really nice and helpful people there, but to be honest
- I learned how to killfile because of that group. I keep thinking that
someone will have posted about the LA show, but nothing yet.

Oops, sorry! I didn't recognize your name from there. Yes, I've killfiled
some participants, but it's not nearly as bad as other ngs I'm in. That's
why I said "mostly" .

Nathan posted something this month about the LA show. Check the threads on
"more info on lubricating inks" and "Fountain pen as highlighter?"

I've got others of his inks, too. For the contracts, I use the black, legal
lapis, aquamarine blue, and hellbender red. The black is totally awesome -
the best of any black I've ever used and I'm quite smitten with the legal
lapis, too.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old 20-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Serendip

On 2/20/2005 3:36 PM, Bluesea wrote:
"Serendip" wrote in message

[...]

LOL! Nothing to apologize for - I don't think I've posted there for
years and years, and I barely scan the threads, so wouldn't have noticed
your name. I guess the good news is that you're not in my killfile!

Nathan posted something this month about the LA show. Check the threads on
"more info on lubricating inks" and "Fountain pen as highlighter?"

The show is today, so I was hoping for a report. I don't know what I'm
expecting, but I'm always curious.

I've got others of his inks, too. For the contracts, I use the black, legal
lapis, aquamarine blue, and hellbender red. The black is totally awesome -
the best of any black I've ever used and I'm quite smitten with the legal
lapis, too.

I was figuring that legal lapis would be the tea journal ink, but
perhaps I should get eternal brown - more tea colored, kinda! (And keeps
this on topic, maybe - thanks for changing the subject line!) Too bad
there aren't sample sizes of the ink... yeah, I know, cartridges, but
Nathan doesn't have them.

Now to pull together what info I should record, as I wait for the Upton
site to stop choking on a hairball or whatever it is that has it no
longer responding, and place my order.

Resa

Old 20-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Bluesea

"Serendip" wrote in message
news
On 2/20/2005 3:36 PM, Bluesea wrote:

LOL! Nothing to apologize for - I don't think I've posted there for
years and years, and I barely scan the threads, so wouldn't have noticed
your name. I guess the good news is that you're not in my killfile!

I try to remain on better behavior .

Nathan posted something this month about the LA show. Check the threads

on
"more info on lubricating inks" and "Fountain pen as highlighter?"

The show is today, so I was hoping for a report. I don't know what I'm
expecting, but I'm always curious.

Ah, so!

I was figuring that legal lapis would be the tea journal ink, but
perhaps I should get eternal brown - more tea colored, kinda! (And keeps
this on topic, maybe - thanks for changing the subject line!) Too bad
there aren't sample sizes of the ink... yeah, I know, cartridges, but
Nathan doesn't have them.

Since he's still developing his line, maybe he'll get a round tuit
eventually.

I like to rotate the colors so that it's easy to find where one journal
entry quits and another starts.

Now to pull together what info I should record,

Some ideas -

I start with item code if the vendor uses them, name of tea, vendor, and
date. Next are brewing details: x tsp. in x oz at xxx° for x min. and my
opinion of the results. After my trials, I note at the bottom whether I want
to reorder that particular tea from that vendor or not. I highlight the best
amount/temp/time for the teas that I keep on hand 'cause sometimes I forget
and highlighting makes it easy to find the combo that works best.

On the last page and working back towards the front, I list tea, sometimes
vendor, and page no. in the same color ink in which I did the entry. That
makes it easier to locate when I want to review what I previously wrote.

as I wait for the Upton
site to stop choking on a hairball or whatever it is that has it no
longer responding, and place my order.

Something must be wrong. It hasn't come up for me, either, and I started
before I typed what I include in my tea journal so it should have been done
way before now. It was fine when I got those codes for EB earlier.

Funny that you said hairball - my cat likes to drink Darjeeling and white
teas if I don't stop her so, be forewarned. I've taken to using a lid from a
plastic tub to keep her and her cat hair out of my cup/mug.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old 20-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Bluesea

"Bluesea" wrote in message

Some ideas -

I also record stupid things I don't want to ever repeat like when I added
vanilla extract to cherry bancha in a warped attempt to make cherry-vanilla
bancha.

Also attempts at creating my own blends, recipes, whatever pertains to tea.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old 20-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Serendip

On 2/20/2005 4:29 PM, Bluesea wrote:

LOL! Nothing to apologize for - I don't think I've posted there for
years and years, and I barely scan the threads, so wouldn't have noticed
your name. I guess the good news is that you're not in my killfile!

I try to remain on better behavior .

I was figuring that legal lapis would be the tea journal ink, but
perhaps I should get eternal brown - more tea colored, kinda! (And keeps
this on topic, maybe - thanks for changing the subject line!) Too bad
there aren't sample sizes of the ink... yeah, I know, cartridges, but
Nathan doesn't have them.

Since he's still developing his line, maybe he'll get a round tuit
eventually.

I like to rotate the colors so that it's easy to find where one journal
entry quits and another starts.

Good idea - I was thinking that each tea would have its own page, so I
could go back and add notes such as "see p.37 - better tea from x
company" or whatever.

Now to pull together what info I should record,

Some ideas -

I start with item code if the vendor uses them, name of tea, vendor, and
date. Next are brewing details: x tsp. in x oz at xxx° for x min. and my
opinion of the results. After my trials, I note at the bottom whether I want
to reorder that particular tea from that vendor or not. I highlight the best
amount/temp/time for the teas that I keep on hand 'cause sometimes I forget
and highlighting makes it easy to find the combo that works best.

Perfect! Thanks!

On the last page and working back towards the front, I list tea, sometimes
vendor, and page no. in the same color ink in which I did the entry. That
makes it easier to locate when I want to review what I previously wrote.

Yes, this would be a nightmare without an index - thanks!

as I wait for the Upton
site to stop choking on a hairball or whatever it is that has it no
longer responding, and place my order.

Something must be wrong. It hasn't come up for me, either, and I started
before I typed what I include in my tea journal so it should have been done
way before now. It was fine when I got those codes for EB earlier.

I had gotten to 11 samples, and was checking if I had ordered one,
and... nothing. Still nothing. I did read that they had (very) recently
moved to a new server - maybe that is more responsible for this than my
11 samples...

Funny that you said hairball - my cat likes to drink Darjeeling and white
teas if I don't stop her so, be forewarned. I've taken to using a lid from a
plastic tub to keep her and her cat hair out of my cup/mug.

No cats here, but I'll keep that in mind!

Resa
Old 20-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Bluesea

"Serendip" wrote in message
On 2/20/2005 4:29 PM, Bluesea wrote:

as I wait for the Upton
site to stop choking on a hairball or whatever it is that has it no
longer responding, and place my order.

Something must be wrong. It hasn't come up for me, either, and I started
before I typed what I include in my tea journal so it should have been

done
way before now. It was fine when I got those codes for EB earlier.

I had gotten to 11 samples, and was checking if I had ordered one,
and... nothing. Still nothing. I did read that they had (very) recently
moved to a new server - maybe that is more responsible for this than my
11 samples...

Yes. My last order included 17 samples.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old 20-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Bluesea

"Serendip" wrote in message
On 2/20/2005 5:45 PM, Bluesea wrote:
I had gotten to 11 samples, and was checking if I had ordered one,
and... nothing. Still nothing. I did read that they had (very) recently
moved to a new server - maybe that is more responsible for this than my
11 samples...

Yes. My last order included 17 samples.

Phew! I'd hate to think I brought down a whole tea company with my very
first order!!

LOL!

--
~~Bluesea~~