Frank & Renee

Default TeaTime magazine?

This week I received a postcard with an offer for a free issue of TeaTime
Magazine. I've never heard of it. Does anyone here read it? It appears to
publish only five issues a year for a subscription of $15.98. The sub-title
on the example cover states: tearooms - food - china - table settings.

I wonder which company sold my address...I would guess Stash Teas.

Renee

Falky foo

why is everything called TeaTime?

"Frank & Renee" > wrote in message
> This week I received a postcard with an offer for a free issue of TeaTime
> Magazine. I've never heard of it. Does anyone here read it? It appears

> publish only five issues a year for a subscription of $15.98. The

sub-title
> on the example cover states: tearooms - food - china - table settings.
>
> I wonder which company sold my address...I would guess Stash Teas.
>

> Renee

Top Spin

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 23:12:57 GMT, "Falky foo"
> wrote:

>why is everything called TeaTime?

Everything? Hardly. You, for instance, are called "falkyfoo".
Personally, I think "teatime" would have been a better choice.

Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(11/09/04)
crymad

Frank & Renee wrote:
> This week I received a postcard with an offer for a free issue
> of TeaTime Magazine. I've never heard of it. Does anyone here
> read it?

Read it, once. I'm perversely drawn to this kind of garbage,
feeling the need to fill myself with contempt and disdain instead
of just simply ignoring.

So, this mag is put out by the same people who do Southern Lady.
I am neither southern nor a lady, but if you have a yearning for
dignity that your baloney sandwich upbringing denied you, or if
you think those loud and vulgar Red Hatters charmingly
eccentric...or if you just LOVE Teamail...then this publication is
for you. Ooooo -- doesn't this triple chocolate fudge scone
recipe sound delicious?

--crymad
crymad

Michael Plant wrote:
> crymad wrote:
>>So, this mag is put out by the same people who do Southern Lady.
>>I am neither southern nor a lady, but if you have a yearning for
>>dignity that your baloney sandwich upbringing denied you, or if
>>you think those loud and vulgar Red Hatters charmingly
>>eccentric...or if you just LOVE Teamail...then this publication is
>>for you. Ooooo -- doesn't this triple chocolate fudge scone
>>recipe sound delicious?
>>
>>--crymad

> Not that you would have an opinion on this, or anything. Well, I'm not a
> subscriber myself....

I don't quite follow you, Michael. An opinion on what?

--crymad

> Michael

Space Cowboy

I agree this magazine is drool from probably perusing the same issue as
you. You call up a vendor, conduct a phone interview, have them send
you some pictures with free samples and voila an infomercial. I grew
up in the South with Mayo,fried Bologna on Toast occasionally with the
crust cut off. There is still nothing better than red beans and rice
with cornbread. I still hit Black Eye Pea once a month to satisfy my
craving. That reference to Red Hatters is drawing a blank.

Jim

crymad wrote:
> Frank & Renee wrote:
> > This week I received a postcard with an offer for a free issue
> > of TeaTime Magazine. I've never heard of it. Does anyone here
> > read it?

> Read it, once. I'm perversely drawn to this kind of garbage,
> feeling the need to fill myself with contempt and disdain instead
> of just simply ignoring.
>
> So, this mag is put out by the same people who do Southern Lady.
> I am neither southern nor a lady, but if you have a yearning for
> dignity that your baloney sandwich upbringing denied you, or if
> you think those loud and vulgar Red Hatters charmingly
> eccentric...or if you just LOVE Teamail...then this publication is
> for you. Ooooo -- doesn't this triple chocolate fudge scone
> recipe sound delicious?
>
> --crymad

crymad

Space Cowboy wrote:
> That reference to Red Hatters is drawing a blank.

It's a marketing bonanza...and fun!
http://www.redhatsociety.com/

That we've never discussed this group of High Tea loving old birds
comes as a surprise. Anyone have any memorably funny and touching
stories of encounters with this bunch?

--crymad

> Jim
>
> crymad wrote:
>
>> Frank & Renee wrote:
>>
>>> This week I received a postcard with an offer for a free
>>> issue of TeaTime Magazine. I've never heard of it. Does
>>> anyone here read it?

>> Read it, once. I'm perversely drawn to this kind of garbage,
>> feeling the need to fill myself with contempt and disdain
>> instead of just simply ignoring.
>>
>> So, this mag is put out by the same people who do Southern
>> Lady. I am neither southern nor a lady, but if you have a
>> yearning for dignity that your baloney sandwich upbringing
>> denied you, or if you think those loud and vulgar Red Hatters
>> charmingly eccentric...or if you just LOVE Teamail...then
>> this publication is for you. Ooooo -- doesn't this triple
>> chocolate fudge scone recipe sound delicious?
>>
>> --crymad

Bluesea

"crymad" > wrote in message

> Space Cowboy wrote:
> > That reference to Red Hatters is drawing a blank.

> It's a marketing bonanza...and fun!
> http://www.redhatsociety.com/
>
> That we've never discussed this group of High Tea loving old birds
> comes as a surprise. Anyone have any memorably funny and touching
> stories of encounters with this bunch?

There's a whole society of them?! A former co-worker in the cubicle next to
mine had that poem about wearing purple and a red hat hanging on her side of
our shared wall. I never imagined it was anything more than a whimsy of
hers.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Teatime in Space Bluesea Tea 1 10-04-2005 12:39 PM
Teatime in Space Bluesea Tea 2 06-04-2005 07:55 PM
Teatime in Space Bluesea Tea 0 06-04-2005 07:34 AM
Repair Krups "TEATIME" n Tea 2 26-03-2004 05:36 PM
New Magazine? (to me) Mark Shaw General Cooking 8 30-09-2003 03:41 PM