Mydnight

Default Teeth Stains!

Bluesea sed:

Tea also stains teeth.

Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
and night; sometimes missing.

Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

Dig it!

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
maru

Brush immediately. That's my strategy. But, I have to wonder, does
anyone notice a difference in staining by tea variety? Subjectively, I
notice black is worse than oolong, and oolong worse than green.

~Maru

Mydnight wrote:
> Bluesea sed:
>
> Tea also stains teeth.
>

> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
> and night; sometimes missing.
>
> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.
>

> Dig it!
>

> Mydnight
>
> --------------------
> thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

maru

Mydnight wrote:
> Bluesea sed:
>
> Tea also stains teeth.
>

> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
> and night; sometimes missing.
>
> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.
>

> Dig it!
>

> Mydnight
>
> --------------------
> thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

Melinda

Actually, the last time I went in to get my teeth cleaned my hygenist gave
me grief...she asked me if I drink a lot of soda. I said no but I drink tea
(more than half of what I drink is sweetened and with milk) and so she
blamed it on that. Be that as it may I'm not giving up my assam for
NOBODY...it's one of the few simple pleasures I have left in my life, :P.

She didn't mention stains. I figure, I quit smoking four years ago and that
stains teeth so I've replaced that dangerous pastime with one more healthy.

Melinda

--
"The country has entered an era in which
questions are not asked, for questions are

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
> Bluesea sed:
>
> Tea also stains teeth.
>

> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
> and night; sometimes missing.
>
> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.
>

> Dig it!
>

> Mydnight
>
> --------------------
> thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades
> of an endless night.

Gregory Allen-Anderson

Melinda wrote:

> She didn't mention stains. I figure, I quit smoking four years ago and that
> stains teeth so I've replaced that dangerous pastime with one more healthy.

It was similar for me. I thought when I started drinking tea that my
teeth would get more stained, but I gave up smoking at about the same
time and don't see much difference.

Derek

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:35:04 GMT, Mydnight wrote:

> Bluesea sed:
>
> Tea also stains teeth.
>

> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
> and night; sometimes missing.
>
> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

This is why I, once a week or so, brush with a whitening toothpaste
for a couple of extra minutes. It polishes things up quite nicely.

I can't use typical toothpastes on a daily basis because they irritate
my gums too much. So about once a week is all I'm willing to do.

--
Derek

"If I couldn't laugh, I couldn't stand this job for 15 minutes." --
President Abraham Lincoln
CCCarlisle

A bit of baking soda on a cotton swab can be used to clean just your
front teeth without irritating the gums-- a low cost solution. Arm &
Hammer whitening toothpaste or Dental Care baking soda tooth powder also
work well, and taste better. :-)

> Mydnight wrote:

> > Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> > against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> > at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> > Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> > fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

CCCarlisle

A bit of baking soda on a cotton swab can be used to clean just your
front teeth without irritating the gums-- a low cost solution. Arm &
Hammer whitening toothpaste or Dental Care baking soda tooth powder also
work well, and taste better. :-)

> Mydnight wrote:

> > Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> > against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> > at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> > Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> > fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

Mydnight

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:58:33 -0500, maru > wrote:

>Brush immediately. That's my strategy. But, I have to wonder, does
>anyone notice a difference in staining by tea variety? Subjectively, I
>notice black is worse than oolong, and oolong worse than green.

You're right. Black tea is the worst, it can turn your whole mouth
orange depending on what variety.

The rest stain pretty evenly, I would guess.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Mydnight

OH yeah, I forgot to mention. Since my hygienist was beating up on me
so much, she then decided to give me a whole carton of the special
stuff that they use to clean your teeth. It's slightly abrasive, but
it contains a decent amount of fluoride too!

Rock! Maybe I could start selling that with tea. heh

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

Dr. Gee

In article >, Mydnight > wrote:

>Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
>the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy

[snip]
>at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
>Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
>fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

I rinse immediately & use baking soda to clean & brush once a week. this keeps
the stain to minimum. & i usually drink lightly fermented oolong ("green
oolong") which is not as bad. black pu-er seems to be the worst. just as bad
as coffee.

bye now,

Pam @ Home

Cort Furniture Rental and Honesty are two exclusive concepts.
Dr. Gee

In article >, Mydnight > wrote:

>Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
>the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy

[snip]
>at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
>Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
>fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

I rinse immediately & use baking soda to clean & brush once a week. this keeps
the stain to minimum. & i usually drink lightly fermented oolong ("green
oolong") which is not as bad. black pu-er seems to be the worst. just as bad
as coffee.

bye now,

Pam @ Home

Cort Furniture Rental and Honesty are two exclusive concepts.
Derek

On 16 Jan 2005 21:39:28 EST, Dr. Gee wrote:

> Cort Furniture Rental and Honesty are two exclusive concepts.

Furniture rental and honesty are two mutually exclusive concepts. By
the time the rental period is over, people have often paid enough to
purchase the item rented - often more than one of 'em.

--
Derek

"Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of sXXXch, or the
right of the people peaceably to XXXemble, and to peXXXion the
government for a redress of grievances."
--but your ISP might.
Derek

On 16 Jan 2005 21:39:28 EST, Dr. Gee wrote:

> Cort Furniture Rental and Honesty are two exclusive concepts.

Furniture rental and honesty are two mutually exclusive concepts. By
the time the rental period is over, people have often paid enough to
purchase the item rented - often more than one of 'em.

--
Derek

"Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of sXXXch, or the
right of the people peaceably to XXXemble, and to peXXXion the
government for a redress of grievances."
--but your ISP might.
Bluesea

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
> Bluesea sed:
>
> Tea also stains teeth.
>

> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
> and night; sometimes missing.
>
> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

I read something w/i the last month about indications that white tea
prevents dental caries. Don't recall where, but you gotta love those rats.

Back in '01 while in HI, I asked my dentist there what product would be good
and he said that he wasn't comfortable with what was on the shelves at that
time. He said that the only product in which he had faith that it wouldn't
damage your teeth was one that you have to have a custom tray made ($$$) and
to avoid Rembrandt at all costs, even the toothpaste, because it wears away
enamel. He said 'no' to another, but I can't recall which that was.

But, that was more than 3 years ago, more products are on the shelves, I'm
here on the Mainland, and I forgot to ask this dentist again(!) at my last
checkup. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a tube of Plus+White 5 Minute Power
Gel Bleaching because I didn't recognize anything that was abrasive. No
chemist am I, so if there's anyone here who recognizes an
abrasive...hmm...didn't water carve out the Grand Canyon?...where did it put
all that dirt?...I'd appreciate your giving a heads-up.

Ingredients: Water, Poloxamer 407, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycerin, Methyl
Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Blue 1, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Phosphoric
Acid.

--
~~Bluesea~~relatively speaking

Bluesea

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
> Bluesea sed:
>
> Tea also stains teeth.
>

> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
> and night; sometimes missing.
>
> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

I read something w/i the last month about indications that white tea
prevents dental caries. Don't recall where, but you gotta love those rats.

Back in '01 while in HI, I asked my dentist there what product would be good
and he said that he wasn't comfortable with what was on the shelves at that
time. He said that the only product in which he had faith that it wouldn't
damage your teeth was one that you have to have a custom tray made ($$$) and
to avoid Rembrandt at all costs, even the toothpaste, because it wears away
enamel. He said 'no' to another, but I can't recall which that was.

But, that was more than 3 years ago, more products are on the shelves, I'm
here on the Mainland, and I forgot to ask this dentist again(!) at my last
checkup. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a tube of Plus+White 5 Minute Power
Gel Bleaching because I didn't recognize anything that was abrasive. No
chemist am I, so if there's anyone here who recognizes an
abrasive...hmm...didn't water carve out the Grand Canyon?...where did it put
all that dirt?...I'd appreciate your giving a heads-up.

Ingredients: Water, Poloxamer 407, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycerin, Methyl
Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Blue 1, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Phosphoric
Acid.

--
~~Bluesea~~relatively speaking

Mydnight

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:48:10 GMT, "Bluesea"
> wrote:

>"Mydnight" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Bluesea sed:
>>
>> Tea also stains teeth.
>>

>> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
>> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
>> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
>> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
>> and night; sometimes missing.
>>
>> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
>> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
>> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
>> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
>> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

>I read something w/i the last month about indications that white tea
>prevents dental caries. Don't recall where, but you gotta love those rats.
>
>Back in '01 while in HI, I asked my dentist there what product would be good
>and he said that he wasn't comfortable with what was on the shelves at that
>time. He said that the only product in which he had faith that it wouldn't
>damage your teeth was one that you have to have a custom tray made ($$$) and
>to avoid Rembrandt at all costs, even the toothpaste, because it wears away
>enamel. He said 'no' to another, but I can't recall which that was.
>
>But, that was more than 3 years ago, more products are on the shelves, I'm
>here on the Mainland, and I forgot to ask this dentist again(!) at my last
>checkup. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a tube of Plus+White 5 Minute Power
>Gel Bleaching because I didn't recognize anything that was abrasive. No
>chemist am I, so if there's anyone here who recognizes an
>abrasive...hmm...didn't water carve out the Grand Canyon?...where did it put
>all that dirt?...I'd appreciate your giving a heads-up.

Mainland?

>Ingredients: Water, Poloxamer 407, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycerin, Methyl
>Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Blue 1, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Phosphoric
>Acid.

Phosphoric acid doesn't look too healthy...

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Mydnight

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:48:10 GMT, "Bluesea"
> wrote:

>"Mydnight" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Bluesea sed:
>>
>> Tea also stains teeth.
>>

>> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
>> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
>> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
>> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
>> and night; sometimes missing.
>>
>> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
>> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
>> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
>> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
>> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

>I read something w/i the last month about indications that white tea
>prevents dental caries. Don't recall where, but you gotta love those rats.
>
>Back in '01 while in HI, I asked my dentist there what product would be good
>and he said that he wasn't comfortable with what was on the shelves at that
>time. He said that the only product in which he had faith that it wouldn't
>damage your teeth was one that you have to have a custom tray made ($$$) and
>to avoid Rembrandt at all costs, even the toothpaste, because it wears away
>enamel. He said 'no' to another, but I can't recall which that was.
>
>But, that was more than 3 years ago, more products are on the shelves, I'm
>here on the Mainland, and I forgot to ask this dentist again(!) at my last
>checkup. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a tube of Plus+White 5 Minute Power
>Gel Bleaching because I didn't recognize anything that was abrasive. No
>chemist am I, so if there's anyone here who recognizes an
>abrasive...hmm...didn't water carve out the Grand Canyon?...where did it put
>all that dirt?...I'd appreciate your giving a heads-up.

Mainland?

>Ingredients: Water, Poloxamer 407, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycerin, Methyl
>Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Blue 1, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Phosphoric
>Acid.

Phosphoric acid doesn't look too healthy...

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Mydnight

>Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
>against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
>at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
>Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
>fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

I'm going to just say in light of viewing ya'll replies to my original
post, make sure you brush morning and night and visit your dentist on
a regular basis to get your teeth cleaned. Perhaps also wash your
mouth out with water or something after drinking tea.

Depending on what tea you drink....some Chinese teas are more known
for the 'hui gan' or residual flavor that's supposed to last long
after you finish drinking, so washing your mouth out would kill it.

*shrugs*

I'm not going to go anywhere near any whitening stuff. Harsh
chemicals of any nature scare me.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Mydnight

>Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
>against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
>at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
>Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
>fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

I'm going to just say in light of viewing ya'll replies to my original
post, make sure you brush morning and night and visit your dentist on
a regular basis to get your teeth cleaned. Perhaps also wash your
mouth out with water or something after drinking tea.

Depending on what tea you drink....some Chinese teas are more known
for the 'hui gan' or residual flavor that's supposed to last long
after you finish drinking, so washing your mouth out would kill it.

*shrugs*

I'm not going to go anywhere near any whitening stuff. Harsh
chemicals of any nature scare me.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

Bluesea

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:48:10 GMT, "Bluesea"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Mydnight" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Bluesea sed:
> >>
> >> Tea also stains teeth.
> >>

> >> Oh, yes indeed it does. The lady that cleans my teeth smacked me in
> >> the head because before I went to China, my teeth gleamed with a holy
> >> whiteness. My teeth post-China, especially the in between parts, have
> >> a lot of stain. I mean, for the most part, I brush my teeth morning
> >> and night; sometimes missing.
> >>
> >> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well? Got any strategies
> >> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist? But,
> >> at least the tea isn't bad for your teeth other than appearance.
> >> Black teas, like pu'er, are said to have miniscule amounts of
> >> fluorides or fluoride like substrates that can strengthen enamel.

> >I read something w/i the last month about indications that white tea
> >prevents dental caries. Don't recall where, but you gotta love those

rats.

> >Back in '01 while in HI, I asked my dentist there what product would be

good
> >and he said that he wasn't comfortable with what was on the shelves at

that
> >time. He said that the only product in which he had faith that it

wouldn't
> >damage your teeth was one that you have to have a custom tray made ($$$)

and
> >to avoid Rembrandt at all costs, even the toothpaste, because it wears

away
> >enamel. He said 'no' to another, but I can't recall which that was.
> >
> >But, that was more than 3 years ago, more products are on the shelves,

I'm
> >here on the Mainland, and I forgot to ask this dentist again(!) at my

last
> >checkup. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a tube of Plus+White 5 Minute

Power
> >Gel Bleaching because I didn't recognize anything that was abrasive. No
> >chemist am I, so if there's anyone here who recognizes an
> >abrasive...hmm...didn't water carve out the Grand Canyon?...where did it

put
> >all that dirt?...I'd appreciate your giving a heads-up.

> Mainland?

Yes, the continent that the rest of the US is on as differentiated from the
islands of Hawaii 'way off out in the Pacific Ocean.

> >Ingredients: Water, Poloxamer 407, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycerin, Methyl
> >Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Blue 1, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Phosphoric
> >Acid.

> Phosphoric acid doesn't look too healthy...

Is that what make carbonated water or am I thinking of phosphorus or
something else?

Anyway, I bought it and I don't know if it's okay to use and I don't like
having dingy teeth and I don't relish the thought of ruining them with a bad
product and I keep forgetting to ask my dentist and...

--
~~Bluesea~~roaming across the andy land

Bluesea

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
> [...]

> >abrasive...hmm...didn't water carve out the Grand Canyon?...where did it

put
> >all that dirt?...I'd appreciate your giving a heads-up.

> Mainland?

Yes, the continent that the rest of the US is on as differentiated from the
islands of Hawaii 'way off out in the Pacific Ocean.

> >Ingredients: Water, Poloxamer 407, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycerin, Methyl
> >Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Blue 1, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Phosphoric
> >Acid.

> Phosphoric acid doesn't look too healthy...

Is that what make carbonated water or am I thinking of phosphorus or
something else?

Anyway, I bought it and I don't know if it's okay to use and I don't like
having dingy teeth and I don't relish the thought of ruining them with a bad
product and I keep forgetting to ask my dentist and...

kuri

"Mydnight" > wrote in message

> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well?

Used to.

> Got any strategies

Salt. That works perfectly.

> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist?

What is an hygienist ? I brush my teeth at home (or elsewhere when I
travel).

Kuri

kuri

"Mydnight" > wrote in message

> Do you guys/gals have this problem as well?

Used to.

> Got any strategies

Salt. That works perfectly.

> against stain besides a regular visit to the dental hygienist?

What is an hygienist ? I brush my teeth at home (or elsewhere when I
travel).

Kuri

kuri

"Mydnight" > wrote in message

> OH yeah, I forgot to mention. Since my hygienist was beating up on me
> so much, she then decided to give me a whole carton of the special
> stuff that they use to clean your teeth.

My dentist uses no stuff at all, just a special brush.

> It's slightly abrasive, but
> it contains a decent amount of fluoride too!

You can use it daily ?
Too much fluor makes your teeth break. It's not a joke, my aunt lives in a
place where the water contains lots of it, humans drink mineral water so no
problem, but cattle suffer of fragility in teeth and bones.

Kuri

Bluesea

"Rebecca Ore" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bluesea" > wrote:
>
> > Calcium Disodium EDTA, Phosphoric Acid.

> I think you've got your abrasive and your corrosive right there.

Thanks.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
news

> I'm not going to go anywhere near any whitening stuff. Harsh
> chemicals of any nature scare me.

Yes, and that abrasive cleaner your hygienist gave you will wear down your
enamel, also. I was instructed to use a soft brush and brush each tooth very
lightly, not to scrub like many do, to avoid wearing down enamel while
brushing.

It appears that there isn't anything that's totally safe for cleaning
teeth - just that some are less detrimental than others.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Bluesea

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
news

> I'm not going to go anywhere near any whitening stuff. Harsh
> chemicals of any nature scare me.

Yes, and that abrasive cleaner your hygienist gave you will wear down your
enamel, also. I was instructed to use a soft brush and brush each tooth very
lightly, not to scrub like many do, to avoid wearing down enamel while
brushing.

It appears that there isn't anything that's totally safe for cleaning
teeth - just that some are less detrimental than others.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Mydnight

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:23:38 +0900, "kuri" > wrote:

>"Mydnight" > wrote in message
>
>> OH yeah, I forgot to mention. Since my hygienist was beating up on me
>> so much, she then decided to give me a whole carton of the special
>> stuff that they use to clean your teeth.

>My dentist uses no stuff at all, just a special brush.
>
>> It's slightly abrasive, but
>> it contains a decent amount of fluoride too!

>You can use it daily ?
>Too much fluor makes your teeth break. It's not a joke, my aunt lives in a
>place where the water contains lots of it, humans drink mineral water so no
>problem, but cattle suffer of fragility in teeth and bones.

She recommended on a weekly basis to use it. A little fluoride helps
make your teeth stronger.

>Kuri

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Mydnight

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:23:38 +0900, "kuri" > wrote:

>"Mydnight" > wrote in message
>
>> OH yeah, I forgot to mention. Since my hygienist was beating up on me
>> so much, she then decided to give me a whole carton of the special
>> stuff that they use to clean your teeth.

>My dentist uses no stuff at all, just a special brush.
>
>> It's slightly abrasive, but
>> it contains a decent amount of fluoride too!

>You can use it daily ?
>Too much fluor makes your teeth break. It's not a joke, my aunt lives in a
>place where the water contains lots of it, humans drink mineral water so no
>problem, but cattle suffer of fragility in teeth and bones.

She recommended on a weekly basis to use it. A little fluoride helps
make your teeth stronger.

>Kuri

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.

Mydnight

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:23:38 +0900, "kuri" > wrote:

>"Mydnight" > wrote in message
>
>> OH yeah, I forgot to mention. Since my hygienist was beating up on me
>> so much, she then decided to give me a whole carton of the special
>> stuff that they use to clean your teeth.

>My dentist uses no stuff at all, just a special brush.
>
>> It's slightly abrasive, but
>> it contains a decent amount of fluoride too!

>You can use it daily ?
>Too much fluor makes your teeth break. It's not a joke, my aunt lives in a
>place where the water contains lots of it, humans drink mineral water so no
>problem, but cattle suffer of fragility in teeth and bones.

She recommended on a weekly basis to use it. A little fluoride helps
make your teeth stronger.

>Kuri

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Mydnight

>Yes, and that abrasive cleaner your hygienist gave you will wear down your
>enamel, also. I was instructed to use a soft brush and brush each tooth very
>lightly, not to scrub like many do, to avoid wearing down enamel while
>brushing.

She said use it once a week if I'm doing any heavy tea drinking. It's
not so abrasive like you're putting sandpaper on your teeth or
anything. It's just a little gritty.

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Bluesea

"Mydnight" > wrote in message
news

> She said use it once a week if I'm doing any heavy tea drinking.

Any heavy tea drinking? You? How could that ever be???

--
~~Bluesea~~

Mydnight

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:44:31 GMT, "Bluesea"
> wrote:

>"Mydnight" > wrote in message
>news
>>
>> She said use it once a week if I'm doing any heavy tea drinking.

>Any heavy tea drinking? You? How could that ever be???

I mean like hanging out in my friend's shop all day long in Dongguan
and drinking Pu'er as I was known to do on my days off. heh. We
would often go there in the middle of the night too after went and
imbibed booze, as my friend required us to do, to help and fight off
the effects of the alcohol.

hahahah

Mydnight

--------------------
thus then i turn me from my countries light, to dwell in the solemn shades of an endless night.
Space Cowboy

Brush, floss, and periodic cleaning.
Jim

Mydnight wrote:
> Bluesea sed:
>
> Tea also stains teeth.

Rufus T. Firefly

I was using my beloved Oral B electric toothbrush - the one product I
had spent my entire childhood yearning for (aside from Yummy Mummy
cereal) and had never had the opportunity to enjoy - for a few years
and noticed the color of my teeth was in decline. The more I brushed
the worse it got. I switched over to a regular old fashioned thing (or
as close to it as now exists - this thing has bristles poking out in
every direction and the colors look like a Stanley Kubrik nightmare)
and upon using this "normal" toothbrush the shine came back right away.
I use a toothpaste with "whitening" agent added now and it seems to
work even in those impossible to reach areas. Odd, I never really
believed it when it said "whitening" on the label. That must have been
because of my womderful, but now sleeping Braun Oral B. Sometimes you
CAN have too much of a good thing.

Rufus T. Firefly
Tokyo

Dr. Gee

In article >, Mydnight > wrote:
>Depending on what tea you drink....some Chinese teas are more known
>for the 'hui gan' or residual flavor

[snip]

yes. sometimes i don't want to rinse cause good tea often leaves a pleasant
aftertaste.

oh, forgot, you could also try SoniCare.

& there're also whitening gel or strip.

bye now

Pam @ Home

Cort Furniture Rental and Honesty are two exclusive concepts.
Christopher Richards

> It appears that there isn't anything that's totally safe for cleaning
> teeth - just that some are less detrimental than others.

Did I miss something? What was the objection to baking soda?

Christopher Richards

> It appears that there isn't anything that's totally safe for cleaning
> teeth - just that some are less detrimental than others.

Did I miss something? What was the objection to baking soda?

Dr. Gee

In article > , "Christopher Richards" > wrote:

>> It appears that there isn't anything that's totally safe for cleaning
>> teeth - just that some are less detrimental than others.

>Did I miss something? What was the objection to baking soda?

less abrasive.

regards,

No teeth! Food? KenK General Cooking 65 27-08-2013 05:51 PM
Clean Teeth (spin-off from Wisdom Teeth thread) Tommy Joe General Cooking 16 29-10-2012 11:33 PM
TEETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 16 03-01-2010 03:36 AM
Ice cream teeth notbob General Cooking 18 05-08-2006 03:58 PM
Tea and teeth staining Marimok Tea 2 08-12-2003 02:50 PM