Melinda

Default David Hoffman book

I read but now can't find the post or thread about David Hoffman having a
book that's been forthcoming for awhile, and this evening while browsing
sites on the web came across this page
http://www.c-c-c.org/Past%20Events/2...nglectures.htm
which is about a lecture he recently gave but also mentions he is the "
writer of the forthcoming book, Teas of the Silk Road. " Just thought
miscellaneous people might be interested. The date was Sept. 25th, 2004.

Melinda

pilo_

In article >,
"Melinda" > wrote:

> I read but now can't find the post or thread about David Hoffman having a
> book that's been forthcoming for awhile,

that book has been 'forthcoming' for literally years. it will
either be one tremendous book or it won't appear at all.....p*
Melinda

Well you have to hand it to him for generating pre-publishing buzz, lol.
I'll certainly check it out when it comes out.

Melinda

"pilo_" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Melinda" > wrote:
>
>> I read but now can't find the post or thread about David Hoffman having a
>> book that's been forthcoming for awhile,

> that book has been 'forthcoming' for literally years. it will
> either be one tremendous book or it won't appear at all.....p*

Blues Lyne

> Forgot to add in previous post that, although he might not be traveling at
> 21st century speed, his teas are in many cases extraordinary, and there is
> nobody who knows tea better than David.
>
> Michael

Speaking of his teas, does it usually take a long time to get a catalog from
him? I called and requested one quite a while ago and haven't received it
yet. Don't want to bug him if that's standard procedure.

Blues

In honor of Michael I'll say that I'm drinking Aged Green Puerh Tuo Cha from
ITC and listening to Taraf de Haidouks - Romanian Gypsy music.

Blues Lyne

> Forgot to add in previous post that, although he might not be traveling at
> 21st century speed, his teas are in many cases extraordinary, and there is
> nobody who knows tea better than David.
>
> Michael

Speaking of his teas, does it usually take a long time to get a catalog from
him? I called and requested one quite a while ago and haven't received it
yet. Don't want to bug him if that's standard procedure.

Blues

In honor of Michael I'll say that I'm drinking Aged Green Puerh Tuo Cha from
ITC and listening to Taraf de Haidouks - Romanian Gypsy music.

pilo_

In article >,
"Blues Lyne" > wrote:

> Speaking of his teas, does it usually take a long time to get a catalog from
> him? I called and requested one quite a while ago and haven't received it
> yet. Don't want to bug him if that's standard procedure.

speaking of catalogs, what's david's biz number?
i seem to have misplaced it....p*
Blues Lyne

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> Blues 12/2/04
>

>>> Forgot to add in previous post that, although he might not be traveling
>>> at
>>> 21st century speed, his teas are in many cases extraordinary, and there
>>> is
>>> nobody who knows tea better than David.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>> Speaking of his teas, does it usually take a long time to get a catalog
>> from
>> him? I called and requested one quite a while ago and haven't received
>> it
>> yet. Don't want to bug him if that's standard procedure.
>>
>> Blues
>>
>> In honor of Michael I'll say that I'm drinking Aged Green Puerh Tuo Cha
>> from
>> ITC and listening to Taraf de Haidouks - Romanian Gypsy music.

> Blues,
>
> By all means bug him. Your request is probably on a little slip of paper
> dropped on the floor of his Pu'erh cave. He won't mind, I'm sure.
>
> Regardng the tea and the music, are you really drinking and listening
> thus,
> or just saying that to please me? I'm drinking Fragrant Plum Oolong and
> listening to Lester Young playing in the Count Bassie Sextet, but I'll put
> on some Django Reinhardt in a few minutes. He's as Gypsy as I've got here.
>
> Michael

Thanks Michael, and yes that is what I was really listening to. My wife has
some Romanian Gypsy blood in her and we started exploring the music of her
roots. We listen to quite a variety in our house. My little two year old
often asks for Gypsy music or Latin jazz, but he also likes Coltrane,
Hendrix and Muddy Waters.

Unfortunately I'm not drinking any tea at the moment. Better go remedy
that.

Blues

Doug Hazen, Jr.

Quite reasonable questions.

The alleged book is allegedly called something like "Teas of the Silk Road"
and will allegedly be out something this century. It was most recently
allegedly to be out this year, but I don't think it's going to make it. I
believe the publisher is allegedly Ten Speed Press, but they don't list the
book or the author, that I can find.

Since it's by David Lee Hoffman of Silk Road Teas, there is no website,
believe it or not.

Doug