Christopher Richards

Default Organic Black Decaf Stong Indian - Does it exist?

Is there an organic, decaffeinated, black, loose-leaf Indian tea, that is
strong yet not acidic? The my favorite is FOP India from Choice Organics,
but sadly, it is caffeinated. When I was back in England in 2002, I found a
good Typhoo decaffeinated tea, but that wasn't organic. Age has taken its
toll. No tea drinking for me in the afternoon.

Does the sort of tea I am looking for exist, or am I just a dreamer?

Michael Plant

Christopher gy.com11/29/04

> Is there an organic, decaffeinated, black, loose-leaf Indian tea, that is
> strong yet not acidic? The my favorite is FOP India from Choice Organics,
> but sadly, it is caffeinated. When I was back in England in 2002, I found a
> good Typhoo decaffeinated tea, but that wasn't organic. Age has taken its
> toll. No tea drinking for me in the afternoon.
>
> Does the sort of tea I am looking for exist, or am I just a dreamer?

Oh, phoo, this serious. Some Darjeelings flow happily through multiple
steeps. These might offer solace. Begin drinking with the second or third
steep, and be willing to risk a possible sleepless night until you get the
formula exactly right. You are right to stay away from tippy. Dog Ma
informed us that the tenderest young shoots are the carriers of the highest
concentration of caffeine.

Michael
Hong Kong Back to China (Pu'erh)
Django Reinhardt (Guitar)

Christopher Richards

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> Christopher
> gy.com11/29/04
>

>> Is there an organic, decaffeinated, black, loose-leaf Indian tea, that is
>> strong yet not acidic? The my favorite is FOP India from Choice Organics,
>> but sadly, it is caffeinated. When I was back in England in 2002, I found
>> good Typhoo decaffeinated tea, but that wasn't organic. Age has taken its
>> toll. No tea drinking for me in the afternoon.
>>
>> Does the sort of tea I am looking for exist, or am I just a dreamer?

> Oh, phoo, this serious. Some Darjeelings flow happily through multiple
> steeps. These might offer solace. Begin drinking with the second or third
> steep, and be willing to risk a possible sleepless night until you get the
> formula exactly right. You are right to stay away from tippy. Dog Ma
> informed us that the tenderest young shoots are the carriers of the
> highest
> concentration of caffeine.
>
> Michael
> Hong Kong Back to China (Pu'erh)
> Django Reinhardt (Guitar)

Hi Michael,

Sorry about the seriousness of the post. I'll snap out of it soon. I don't
recall being impressed by Darjeeling, and its been a long time since I had
any. It seemed weak to me. But what if I bung in six heaping teaspoons of
Darjeeling, as I do with my morning Black Indian FOP, will I have defeated
the object of limiting my caffeine intake? The Missus and I only drink it in
the morning or else we spend the night staring at the bedroom ceiling. We go
through a 2lb bag of lose black tea in about three weeks. I like your
economical re-steeping idea. You get your money's worth on this board.

Here is the blurb from Choice Organics: Darjeeling* - True, unblended
organic Darjeeling, one of the world's premier varietals. The late spring
harvest yields a bright, full flavor with a fruity aroma. A perfect
afternoon tea [low caffeine I assume.]

Ah! I have just had a communiqué from the Missus, in the other room. She
likes Darjeeling. I can see I am going to have to give it another chance.

Christopher

Christopher Richards

"Michael Plant" > wrote in message
> Christopher
> gy.com11/29/04
>

>> Is there an organic, decaffeinated, black, loose-leaf Indian tea, that is
>> strong yet not acidic? The my favorite is FOP India from Choice Organics,
>> but sadly, it is caffeinated. When I was back in England in 2002, I found
>> good Typhoo decaffeinated tea, but that wasn't organic. Age has taken its
>> toll. No tea drinking for me in the afternoon.
>>
>> Does the sort of tea I am looking for exist, or am I just a dreamer?

> Oh, phoo, this serious. Some Darjeelings flow happily through multiple
> steeps. These might offer solace. Begin drinking with the second or third
> steep, and be willing to risk a possible sleepless night until you get the
> formula exactly right. You are right to stay away from tippy. Dog Ma
> informed us that the tenderest young shoots are the carriers of the
> highest
> concentration of caffeine.
>
> Michael
> Hong Kong Back to China (Pu'erh)
> Django Reinhardt (Guitar)

Hi Michael,

Sorry about the seriousness of the post. I'll snap out of it soon. I don't
recall being impressed by Darjeeling, and its been a long time since I had
any. It seemed weak to me. But what if I bung in six heaping teaspoons of
Darjeeling, as I do with my morning Black Indian FOP, will I have defeated
the object of limiting my caffeine intake? The Missus and I only drink it in
the morning or else we spend the night staring at the bedroom ceiling. We go
through a 2lb bag of lose black tea in about three weeks. I like your
economical re-steeping idea. You get your money's worth on this board.

Here is the blurb from Choice Organics: Darjeeling* - True, unblended
organic Darjeeling, one of the world's premier varietals. The late spring
harvest yields a bright, full flavor with a fruity aroma. A perfect
afternoon tea [low caffeine I assume.]

Ah! I have just had a communiqué from the Missus, in the other room. She
likes Darjeeling. I can see I am going to have to give it another chance.

Christopher

Space Cowboy

Plug "co2 darjeeling" into the Google web search engine. You'll get
your share of false positives but also sites that sell decaffeinated
darjeeling. Change darjeeling to assam,nilgiri etc for specific tea.
Co2 is the most used process to remove caffeine from tea leaving the
tea 'goodies' intact.

Jim