Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Canadian tea drinkers- Red Rose tea - what happened to quality?

After 45 years of exclusive Red Rose tea drinking, I just got a box of the new blend. OMG, what have they done? It's horrible!

I think they just bought the name, and put it on some really bad tea that no one would otherwise buy.

I have dearly loved Red Rose tea exclusively since I was a small child. Now my heart is broken, and I am truly insulted. "Just like that", my beloved has been taken from me. I feel so violated...

I only hope she is she is now serving herself as a fine cup of tea for the Angels in Heaven.

--
For full context, visit https://www.drinksforum.com/tea/cana...quali-226-.htm

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021 16:00:18 +0000, Ed
> wrote:

>After 45 years of exclusive Red Rose tea drinking, I just got a box of the new blend. OMG, what have they done? It's horrible!
>
>I think they just bought the name, and put it on some really bad tea that no one would otherwise buy.
>
>I have dearly loved Red Rose tea exclusively since I was a small child. Now my heart is broken, and I am truly insulted. "Just like that", my beloved has been taken from me. I feel so violated...
>
>I only hope she is she is now serving herself as a fine cup of tea for the Angels in Heaven.

What usually happens is that a new generation of executives takes over
the company, and they start looking for ways to increase profits.

Using cheaper tea is one way.

Rowntree Fruit Pastilles has changed their recipe, and they are not
nearly as good. I complained to the company and got a weak excuse in
a reply - "We wanted to make it vegan"

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Tetley has created a box of their own brand of "red Rose tea that looks similar and has the same name with modifications which probably makes it legal. It IS NOT the orginal "Red Rose" which is still available. This happened to me as well, Tetly is fooling peope into thinking it is the real "red rose". very unscrupulous.

--
For full context, visit https://www.drinksforum.com/tea/cana...quali-226-.htm