FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   UK - Tea retailers online ? (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/442355-re-uk-tea-retailers.html)

Bella Jones 06-11-2017 12:42 PM

UK - Tea retailers online ?

On Thursday, July 10, 2003 at 1:11:48 AM UTC+5:30, Rick Chappell wrote:
> Hello. I was amused to read your post because, since I'm going to
> London next week, I was going to ask the newsgroup about where to go
> there to buy tea. On my last visit I stumbled into a tea shop which
> didn't have much tea of quality, so I supposed that London is no
> guarantee of good tea. On the other hand, I'm traveling via
> Philadelphia which has a nationally famous tea shop which with luck
> I'll be able to stop at, though I won't have much time.
>
> You will probably get a lot of answers, maybe from some with experience
> in English tea shops like Whittards which will save you postage. If
> not, I have had very good luck with SpecialTeas,
> http://www.specialteas.com/ , and Upton Teas, www.uptontea.com .
> The former has a flat 6$US international shipping fee and the latter is
> 10$US for the first pound (they may be different types of shipping
> though).
>
> Best,
>
> Rick.
>
> wrote:
> > Hi -

> > I'm a bit new around these parts, so apologies if this question has been
> > answered before.

> > I regularly shop at Whittards Tea Zone shops in London (for those that don't
> > know, these are like their standard tea shops with a special section set aside
> > for speciality/single estate teas). Obviously it would be much easier if I
> > could shop online, so wondered if anyone here had recommendations, or had
> > tried ordering online from Whittards [ideally would like to get them to
> > deliver to me at work].

> > AFAICT, Twinnings doesn't offer their speciality teas online, and their shops
> > opening hours aren't the most convenient if you work during the week.

> > I've also found the St James Teas website, how do they do quality wise ?

> > I like mid to stronger black teas, Ceylons, Assams, etc. I notice St James
> > does tea from Kenya and Tanzania and wondered whether or not these were worth
> > trying ?

> > --
> > Regards, Chris

Hi Chris,
I shop for my tea from Halmari tea and I have been very satisfied with the quality of it. All their teas are sourced from Assam, so I am guessing it will be something that you will like. And the rate is also very reasonable. Try their clonal tea, it is really very nice.
Website Link -
https://www.halmaritea.co.uk/teas/.

Lewis Perin 06-11-2017 04:44 PM

UK - Tea retailers online ?

Bella Jones > writes:

>On Thursday, July 10, 2003 at 1:11:48 AM UTC+5:30, Rick Chappell wrote:
>> Hello. I was amused to read your post because, since I'm going to
>> London next week, I was going to ask the newsgroup about where to go
>> there to buy tea. On my last visit I stumbled into a tea shop which
>> didn't have much tea of quality, so I supposed that London is no
>> guarantee of good tea. On the other hand, I'm traveling via
>> Philadelphia which has a nationally famous tea shop which with luck
>> I'll be able to stop at, though I won't have much time.
>>
>> You will probably get a lot of answers, maybe from some with experience
>> in English tea shops like Whittards which will save you postage. If
>> not, I have had very good luck with SpecialTeas,
>> http://www.specialteas.com/ , and Upton Teas, www.uptontea.com .
>> The former has a flat 6$US international shipping fee and the latter is
>> 10$US for the first pound (they may be different types of shipping
>> though).
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Rick.
>>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi -

>> > I'm a bit new around these parts, so apologies if this question has been
>> > answered before.

>> > I regularly shop at Whittards Tea Zone shops in London (for those that don't
>> > know, these are like their standard tea shops with a special
>> > section set aside
>> > for speciality/single estate teas). Obviously it would be much easier if I
>> > could shop online, so wondered if anyone here had recommendations, or had
>> > tried ordering online from Whittards [ideally would like to get them to
>> > deliver to me at work].

>> > AFAICT, Twinnings doesn't offer their speciality teas online, and
>> > their shops
>> > opening hours aren't the most convenient if you work during the week.

>> > I've also found the St James Teas website, how do they do quality wise ?

>> > I like mid to stronger black teas, Ceylons, Assams, etc. I notice St James
>> > does tea from Kenya and Tanzania and wondered whether or not these
>> > were worth
>> > trying ?

>> > --
>> > Regards, Chris

>Hi Chris,
>I shop for my tea from Halmari tea and I have been very satisfied with
>the quality of it. All their teas are sourced from Assam, so I am
>guessing it will be something that you will like. And the rate is also
>very reasonable. Try their clonal tea, it is really very nice.
>Website Link -
https://www.halmaritea.co.uk/teas/.

Look, €śLizzy€ť, €śMary€ť, and €śBella€ť, I know this newsgroup is pretty much
dormant, and maybe you dont think it merits much effort on your part,
but if you want to spam it convincingly as distinct individuals, heres
a protip: use distinct email addresses.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /