FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Newbie needs help with Green tea - PLEASE! (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/442067-re-newbie-needs-help.html)

Lizzy White 10-10-2017 01:36 PM

On Monday, October 11, 2004 at 7:11:17 PM UTC+5:30, Abouna wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am new to tea (other than Lipton) and especially green tea.
>
> My father (a diabetic) has recently discovered the benefits of green
> tea and has asked me to research it. I must admit I have found this
> quite daunting. I too am interested in green tea but where to start?
> I figured this would be the best place.
>
> Though I have found several places that sell green tea I have found
> nothing about qulities and quantities. For instance:
>
> - What about quality? Are the green teas in bags at the supermarket
> beneficial? If not, where to start with price in mind? I see many
> teas selling for $30 for a few grams. This seems impossible
> practically speaking for 2 people to maintain.
>
> - Quantity? How many cups does an ounce of green tea powder or leaves
> make/ I am trying to see how inexpensively this can be done.
>
> I am interested firstly in the health benefits and secondly in the
> taste/pleasure aspect.
>
> Cheers.

Well, I am not sure where you live, but you can buy green tea online at Halmari tea (https://www.halmaritea.co.uk/teas/ha...een-tea-bags/). They are a premium tea brand with superior quality tea sourced from the tea estates of Assam. You will also get it at a very affordable rate, much cheaper than your local vendor. 2-3 cups of green tea on a regular basis can actually lead to a lot of health benefits, including keeping diabetes in control.

Cheers!