Lewis Perin

Default What is Liu An, anyway?

I've recently been drinking some Liu An, packed by Silk Road Teas,
from a sample a friend was good enough to send me. I've been enjoying
enough that my curiosity's been stimulated.

I've heard that this is a green tea that's been aged, but it looks
nothing like "green" Puerhs: the leaves are very dark. But the taste
of the batch I'm drinking from reminds me of a heavily roasted
oolong. So I wonder: is Liu An a *roasted* aged tea? If anyone
knows, I'm also curious if the roasting (assuming that does happen) is
done when the tea is still young, or if it only happens later.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
samarkand

Hey Lew,

There were some discussions down the threads on this...

Samar
"Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
news
> I've recently been drinking some Liu An, packed by Silk Road Teas,
> from a sample a friend was good enough to send me. I've been enjoying
> enough that my curiosity's been stimulated.
>
> I've heard that this is a green tea that's been aged, but it looks
> nothing like "green" Puerhs: the leaves are very dark. But the taste
> of the batch I'm drinking from reminds me of a heavily roasted
> oolong. So I wonder: is Liu An a *roasted* aged tea? If anyone
> knows, I'm also curious if the roasting (assuming that does happen) is
> done when the tea is still young, or if it only happens later.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

samarkand

Hey Lew,

There were some discussions down the threads on this...

Samar
"Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
news
> I've recently been drinking some Liu An, packed by Silk Road Teas,
> from a sample a friend was good enough to send me. I've been enjoying
> enough that my curiosity's been stimulated.
>
> I've heard that this is a green tea that's been aged, but it looks
> nothing like "green" Puerhs: the leaves are very dark. But the taste
> of the batch I'm drinking from reminds me of a heavily roasted
> oolong. So I wonder: is Liu An a *roasted* aged tea? If anyone
> knows, I'm also curious if the roasting (assuming that does happen) is
> done when the tea is still young, or if it only happens later.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Doug Hazen, Jr.

Do you know which of Silk Road's Liu An selection you have: P-LA-90,
P-LA-99, P-LAS-01?

Doug

"Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
news
> I've recently been drinking some Liu An, packed by Silk Road Teas,
> from a sample a friend was good enough to send me. I've been enjoying
> enough that my curiosity's been stimulated.
>
> I've heard that this is a green tea that's been aged, but it looks
> nothing like "green" Puerhs: the leaves are very dark. But the taste
> of the batch I'm drinking from reminds me of a heavily roasted
> oolong. So I wonder: is Liu An a *roasted* aged tea? If anyone
> knows, I'm also curious if the roasting (assuming that does happen) is
> done when the tea is still young, or if it only happens later.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Doug Hazen, Jr.

Do you know which of Silk Road's Liu An selection you have: P-LA-90,
P-LA-99, P-LAS-01?

Doug

"Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
news
> I've recently been drinking some Liu An, packed by Silk Road Teas,
> from a sample a friend was good enough to send me. I've been enjoying
> enough that my curiosity's been stimulated.
>
> I've heard that this is a green tea that's been aged, but it looks
> nothing like "green" Puerhs: the leaves are very dark. But the taste
> of the batch I'm drinking from reminds me of a heavily roasted
> oolong. So I wonder: is Liu An a *roasted* aged tea? If anyone
> knows, I'm also curious if the roasting (assuming that does happen) is
> done when the tea is still young, or if it only happens later.
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Lewis Perin

"Doug Hazen, Jr." > writes:

> Do you know which of Silk Road's Liu An selection you have: P-LA-90,
> P-LA-99, P-LAS-01?

Sorry about the delay, but my friend has been out of email contact
recently. It's the P-LA-99.

> "Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
> news
> > I've recently been drinking some Liu An, packed by Silk Road Teas,
> > from a sample a friend was good enough to send me. I've been enjoying
> > enough that my curiosity's been stimulated.
> >
> > I've heard that this is a green tea that's been aged, but it looks
> > nothing like "green" Puerhs: the leaves are very dark. But the taste
> > of the batch I'm drinking from reminds me of a heavily roasted
> > oolong. So I wonder: is Liu An a *roasted* aged tea? If anyone
> > knows, I'm also curious if the roasting (assuming that does happen) is
> > done when the tea is still young, or if it only happens later.
> >
> > /Lew
> > ---
> > Lew Perin /

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Lewis Perin

"Doug Hazen, Jr." > writes:

> Do you know which of Silk Road's Liu An selection you have: P-LA-90,
> P-LA-99, P-LAS-01?

Sorry about the delay, but my friend has been out of email contact
recently. It's the P-LA-99.

> "Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
> news
> > I've recently been drinking some Liu An, packed by Silk Road Teas,
> > from a sample a friend was good enough to send me. I've been enjoying
> > enough that my curiosity's been stimulated.
> >
> > I've heard that this is a green tea that's been aged, but it looks
> > nothing like "green" Puerhs: the leaves are very dark. But the taste
> > of the batch I'm drinking from reminds me of a heavily roasted
> > oolong. So I wonder: is Liu An a *roasted* aged tea? If anyone
> > knows, I'm also curious if the roasting (assuming that does happen) is
> > done when the tea is still young, or if it only happens later.
> >
> > /Lew
> > ---
> > Lew Perin /

/Lew