Old 30-11-2014, 09:22 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tea in Flushing

On Monday, November 10, 2014 2:35:19 PM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
I was in Flushing NY and happened across a small Chinese tea shop called
Fang Tea. They have a website up at http://www.fangtea.com, but what was
more impressive than their teas was their careful tasting procedure which
was organized and unhurried. Good attention to temperature control, time
and volume, and we got to try many steeps so as to find out what happens
when you get past the optimal point.

The tasting was done by a young man who did not speak English, with a young
woman translating for him, which surprised me but worked very well. The two
of them made a good team.

The teas we tried were very good also, including a pummelo-packed tea made
in Taiwan that was interestingly flavoured and worked much better than the
aged tangerine-packed teas I have tried.

Anyway, if you find yourself in Flushing give these people a visit.
--scott

one of my favorite places!