FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Pressed tea block.. in a bag! (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/429372-pressed-tea-block-bag.html)

Scott Dorsey 29-05-2014 02:29 PM

Pressed tea block.. in a bag!

Someone from the UK gave this to me at a science fiction convention. His wife
is from China and drinks it (but I did not think to ask where she got it).
It's a small tea block the size of a thumbnail, just big enough for one cup,
in a nylon bag.

I have seen (and liked) the little hochiao tea blocks that are just the size
for one pot, but this is even smaller and the bag is curious. Has anyone
seen one of these and can identify them?

The label is at http://www.panix.com/~kludge/tea.jpg
--scott

Lewis Perin 30-05-2014 12:00 AM

Pressed tea block.. in a bag!

(Scott Dorsey) writes:

>Someone from the UK gave this to me at a science fiction convention. His wife
>is from China and drinks it (but I did not think to ask where she got it).
>It's a small tea block the size of a thumbnail, just big enough for one cup,
>in a nylon bag.
>
>I have seen (and liked) the little hochiao tea blocks that are just the size
>for one pot, but this is even smaller and the bag is curious. Has anyone
>seen one of these and can identify them?
>
>The label is at
http://www.panix.com/~kludge/tea.jpg

Do you think you could get a better photo than that? A couple of the
characters are hard for me to make out.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
http://babelcarp.org

Warren Peltier 02-06-2014 07:03 PM

Pressed tea block.. in a bag!

I haven't seen it, but it looks tacky. The label says 普克
which seems to be a play on words for "pu-ke" meaning a deck of cards; taken from the English 'POKER'

Compressed puer teabags. The other side reads "aged aroma", and natural original leaf.

Lewis Perin 02-06-2014 09:12 PM

Pressed tea block.. in a bag!

Warren Peltier > writes:

>I haven't seen it, but it looks tacky. The label says 普克
>which seems to be a play on words for "pu-ke" meaning a deck of cards;
>taken from the English 'POKER'

Ah, Poker €” I *knew* they couldnt have intended the unhyphenated word
you get from the Pu3 and Ke4 characters.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
http://babelcarp.org