Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Earl Gray

Which is the best trademark for the Earl Gray? I used to buy Twinings, but it doesn't satisfy me as much as I expect.
Which kind of tea do you use?
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Monday, January 28, 2013 7:40:54 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> Which is the best trademark for the Earl Gray? I used to buy Twinings, but it doesn't satisfy me as much as I expect.
>
> Which kind of tea do you use?

Upton's (with a "U")has an especially strong bergamot Earl Gray which some people in my family like. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

> wrote:
>Which is the best trademark for the Earl Gray? I used to buy Twinings, but it doesn't satisfy me as much as I expect.

There are dozens of different Earl Grey blends. They all start with some
sort of black tea and then add some kind of bergamot, but some of them add
other oils as well and they do start with different grades of black tea from
different places.

>Which kind of tea do you use?

I am not a huge Earl Grey fan, but I am a huge fan of Upton's Teas. They
have an internet site, and carry at least three different Earl Grey blends.
Get samples of all of them and try them out for yourself.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Oh, and if you're looking for most Earl Grey of Earl Grey teas, the
Zarrin brand which a local Indian market carries is positively dripping
with bergamot. It's incredibly strong.

Not my thing at all but it made good Earl Grey ice cream...
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Hi Eimi,

> Which is the best trademark for the Earl Gray? I used to buy
> Twinings, but it doesn't satisfy me as much as I expect. Which kind
> of tea do you use?

I am especially fond of Tim's selection (Postcard Teas):
http://www.postcardteas.com/index.ph...ry&path=33_139

See "Mountain Grey" or "Gianfranco's Earl Grey" which are particularly awesome!
I live in France and regularly order these teas.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Il faut mettre un frein à l'immobilisme. »

How to make gray icing? John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 0 12-04-2016 04:09 AM
Earl Gray? Poe Tea 10 07-01-2005 08:21 AM
Earl Gray? Poe Tea 0 23-12-2004 02:30 PM