FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Earl Gray (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/422526-earl-gray.html)

[email protected] 29-01-2013 01:40 AM

Earl Gray

Which is the best trademark for the Earl Gray? I used to buy Twinings, but it doesn't satisfy me as much as I expect.
Which kind of tea do you use?

toci 29-01-2013 02:58 PM

Earl Gray

On Monday, January 28, 2013 7:40:54 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> Which is the best trademark for the Earl Gray? I used to buy Twinings, but it doesn't satisfy me as much as I expect.
>
> Which kind of tea do you use?

Upton's (with a "U")has an especially strong bergamot Earl Gray which some people in my family like. Toci

Scott Dorsey 30-01-2013 12:29 AM

Earl Gray

> wrote:
>Which is the best trademark for the Earl Gray? I used to buy Twinings, but it doesn't satisfy me as much as I expect.

There are dozens of different Earl Grey blends. They all start with some
sort of black tea and then add some kind of bergamot, but some of them add
other oils as well and they do start with different grades of black tea from
different places.

>Which kind of tea do you use?

I am not a huge Earl Grey fan, but I am a huge fan of Upton's Teas. They
have an internet site, and carry at least three different Earl Grey blends.
Get samples of all of them and try them out for yourself.
--scott

Scott Dorsey 30-01-2013 12:31 AM

Earl Gray

Oh, and if you're looking for most Earl Grey of Earl Grey teas, the
Zarrin brand which a local Indian market carries is positively dripping
with bergamot. It's incredibly strong.

Not my thing at all but it made good Earl Grey ice cream...
--scott

Julien ÉLIE 31-01-2013 08:37 PM

Earl Gray

Hi Eimi,

> Which is the best trademark for the Earl Gray? I used to buy
> Twinings, but it doesn't satisfy me as much as I expect. Which kind
> of tea do you use?

I am especially fond of Tim's selection (Postcard Teas):
http://www.postcardteas.com/index.ph...ry&path=33_139

See "Mountain Grey" or "Gianfranco's Earl Grey" which are particularly awesome!
I live in France and regularly order these teas.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Il faut mettre un frein à l'immobilisme. »