FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Teavana and Puerh (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/420314-teavana-puerh.html)

Aaron W. Hsu 07-10-2012 12:34 AM

Teavana and Puerh

So, I dropped into a Teavana store, not really knowing what to expect, and
was surprised by the pleasant service and the reasonable tea that I found.
So far, the stuff that I bought from them is reasonable and about what I
had hoped.

However, I was disappointed when the tea lady basically said that they
don't carry Puerhs at all, and they had only one in stock due to some hype
that it was receiving in health markets. However, when she gave me a
sample to try, it was really more like a black tea that was given a bit of
a Puerh like overtone. It was a decent black tea, but certainly not what I
would be looking for in a Puerh.

I wonder why Puerh isn't very popular?

--
Aaron W. Hsu | | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the Lost Art of Thinking.

Aaron W. Hsu 24-01-2013 01:44 AM

Teavana and Puerh

I just wanted to post up this follow-up I received via email.

From Kirby Smith:

--
Aaron W. Hsu | | http://www.sacrideo.us
לֵ֤ב חֲכָמִים֙ בְּבֵ֣ית אֵ֔בֶל וְלֵ֥ב כְּסִילִ֖ים בְּבֵ֥ית שִׂמְחָֽה׃