Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default anyone still post here?

It's been a while. Any of the old users post here? Spacecowboy
included. heh
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Mydnight > writes:

>It's been a while. Any of the old users post here? Spacecowboy
>included. heh

Cant speak for him, but Im still here. Your reappearance, actually,
is a good occasion for bringing up this scary Greenpeace report on the
levels of toxic agrochemicals they found in commercial teas they bought
at various locations in China:

http://www.greenpeace.org/eastasia/G...%20Final.p df

I would love to see someone try to show roughly how harmful the
pesticide levels Greenpeace found actually are. It would be nice, of
course, to see zeroes, but that may not be practical: even an organic
farm cant prevent stuff drifting in from its neighbors.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
http://babelcarp.org
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydnight View Post
It's been a while. Any of the old users post here? Spacecowboy
included. heh
it's been about five years since I posted to this board. I'm dissapointed to see it so bare. I'd love to know where everybody's gone.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On May 25, 11:17*am, Mydnight > wrote:
> It's been a while. *Any of the old users post here? *Spacecowboy
> included. *heh

Google kicked me off and I didn't bother to struggle back on. Now I'm
refusing to willingly submit to their new and much worse groups so
apparently they've put me back on where I was a year ago. Some things
you just don't question. My teas now-iced teas for the summer- from
Upton-Java and sweet orange black. I haven't found what I consider a
good green iced tea yet. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 15:31:24 -0700, toci wrote:

> Google kicked me off and I didn't bother to struggle back on. Now I'm
> refusing to willingly submit to their new and much worse groups so
> apparently they've put me back on where I was a year ago.

You could just use a real newsreader and news server. Life is much better
that way.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

In article >,
Mydnight > wrote:
>It's been a while. Any of the old users post here? Spacecowboy
>included. heh

I still read here but haven't posted in a good while.

I'm drinking a nuywara eliya bop from San Francisco Herb and Tea company.
Like a lot of the lower altitude Ceylons, it has a lot of clove sorts of
brown spice notes.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Lewis Perin > wrote:

> http://www.greenpeace.org/eastasia/G...%20Final.p df
>
>I would love to see someone try to show roughly how harmful the
>pesticide levels Greenpeace found actually are. It would be nice, of
>course, to see zeroes, but that may not be practical: even an organic
>farm cant prevent stuff drifting in from its neighbors.

One of the problems with mass spectro technology today is that it can detect
a few molecules of something... and if you take a sample of anything anywhere
in the world, there's a good chance of there being a few molecules of anything
you can name in it.

A lot of the nastier pesticides are oil-soluble (partly good to help make
them stick to plants and not was off) and won't dissolve in a cup, which is
good, but there's some pretty ugly stuff out there and I don't think anyone
really has a good grip on how tiny trace amounts of some of the nastier
organometallics really affect anyone over the long term.
--scott

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 12, 11:48*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> In article >,
>
> Mydnight > wrote:
> >It's been a while. *Any of the old users post here? *Spacecowboy
> >included. *heh

> I still read here but haven't posted in a good while.
>
> I'm drinking a nuywara eliya bop from San Francisco Herb and Tea company.
> Like a lot of the lower altitude Ceylons, it has a lot of clove sorts of
> brown spice notes.
> --scott

The ceylons are my favorite, though if I want to really wake up, I
have an african- Malwi, I believe. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 12, 11:51*am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
> Lewis Perin > wrote:
>

> > *http://www.greenpeace.org/eastasia/G...ications/repor...

> >I would love to see someone try to show roughly how harmful the
> >pesticide levels Greenpeace found actually are. *It would be nice, of
> >course, to see zeroes, but that may not be practical: even an organic
> >farm can’t prevent stuff drifting in from its neighbors.

> One of the problems with mass spectro technology today is that it can detect
> a few molecules of something... and if you take a sample of anything anywhere
> in the world, there's a good chance of there being a few molecules of anything
> you can name in it.
>
> A lot of the nastier pesticides are oil-soluble (partly good to help make
> them stick to plants and not was off) and won't dissolve in a cup, which is
> good, but there's some pretty ugly stuff out there and I don't think anyone
> really has a good grip on how tiny trace amounts of some of the nastier
> organometallics really affect anyone over the long term.
> --scott

Yes. I'm at the stage where if they're willing to call it organic,
I'm willing to drink it. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 2, 5:31*pm, toci > wrote:
> On May 25, 11:17*am, Mydnight > wrote:
>
> > It's been a while. *Any of the old users post here? *Spacecowboy
> > included. *heh

> Google kicked me off and I didn't bother to struggle back on. *Now I'm
> refusing to willingly submit to their new and much worse groups so
> apparently they've put me back on where I was a year ago. *Some things
> you just don't question. *My teas now-iced teas for the summer- from
> Upton-Java and sweet orange black. *I haven't found what I consider a
> good green iced tea yet. * * Toci

I've found a peppermint flavoed green tea that tastes good. What do
you call a tisane with tea in it? Toci

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

toci > writes:

>On Jun 2, 5:31Â*pm, toci > wrote:
>> On May 25, 11:17Â*am, Mydnight > wrote:
>>
>> > It's been a while. Â*Any of the old users post here? Â*Spacecowboy
>> > included. Â*heh

>> Google kicked me off and I didn't bother to struggle back on. Â*Now I'm
>> refusing to willingly submit to their new and much worse groups so
>> apparently they've put me back on where I was a year ago. Â*Some things
>> you just don't question. Â*My teas now-iced teas for the summer- from
>> Upton-Java and sweet orange black. Â*I haven't found what I consider a
>> good green iced tea yet. Â* Â* Toci

>I've found a peppermint flavoed green tea that tastes good. What do
>you call a tisane with tea in it?

A teasane?

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
http://babelcarp.org
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Jun 20, 8:58*am, Lewis Perin > wrote:
> toci > writes:

> >> Google kicked me off and I didn't bother to struggle back on. *Now I'm
> >> refusing to willingly submit to their new and much worse groups so
> >> apparently they've put me back on where I was a year ago. *Some things
> >> you just don't question. *My teas now-iced teas for the summer- from
> >> Upton-Java and sweet orange black. *I haven't found what I consider a
> >> good green iced tea yet. * * Toci

> >I've found a peppermint flavoed green tea that tastes good. *What do
> >you call a tisane with tea in it?

> A teasane?
>
> /Lew
> ---
> Lew Perin /

Good enough. Potable on a hot day- no ice, but out of the
refrigerator. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

toci > wrote:

>The ceylons are my favorite, though if I want to really wake up, I
>have an african- Malwi, I believe. Toci

Most of the ceylons are too heavy for drinking without milk, but the higher
altitude Nuwara Eliya is very good and often has some interesting spice notes
that blend nicely with the tannic flavour.

I did like the Malawi BOP that Upton's used to have for a while, but the
current Malawi tea that they are stocking is not as interesting.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:17:18 AM UTC+8, Mydnight wrote:
> It's been a while. Any of the old users post here? Spacecowboy
>
> included. heh

I'm still here, haven't posted in a very long time. But now I'm able to post again, haha.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Warren Peltier > wrote in
:

> On Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:17:18 AM UTC+8, Mydnight wrote:
>> It's been a while. Any of the old users post here? Spacecowboy
>>
>> included. heh

> I'm still here, haven't posted in a very long time. But now I'm able
> to post again, haha.

I bought myself a subscription to usenet. I can also post again. !!

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Monday, November 26, 2012 2:46:21 AM UTC-6, Mydnight wrote:
> Warren Peltier > wrote in
>
> :
>

> > On Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:17:18 AM UTC+8, Mydnight wrote:

> >> It's been a while. Any of the old users post here? Spacecowboy

> >> included. heh

> > I'm still here, haven't posted in a very long time. But now I'm able

> > to post again, haha.

> I bought myself a subscription to usenet. I can also post again. !!

Google works for me. I post about once per month. Toci
Member

Location: us

I post here very long time..and i also learn this forum site..

Here's a recent post that I can't send. Trying a new post. Gary General Cooking 7 30-10-2012 05:40 AM
Brix readings on post-crush and post-soak Pinot Noir David Winemaking 3 21-10-2006 08:56 PM
First Post Garrett M. Rowe Barbecue 10 11-05-2004 03:27 AM
2nd to Last Post Mark Preston Preserving 0 28-03-2004 06:14 PM
It's ok if I post OT, but don't none of you others do it! kalanamak General Cooking 3 30-09-2003 02:14 AM