Member

Smile Tea & Design

I designed a booklet based on making the perfect cup of tea.

Would you mind completing the very short survey (less than 2 minutes I promise!) I'd really appreciate it!

Testing Visual Appeal of a Design

You can reward yourself with a good old cuppa!

Thanks
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Tea & Design

The golden Rule is a widely known method for serving black tea . The
golden rule was first introduced in the book "All about Tea" by an
American William H. Ukers in 1935. Let me introduce the golden rule:
1. Use good quality tea leaves. 2. Warm the tea pot before hand. 3.
Measure the tea leaves. 4. Use fresh boiled hot water for brewing tea.
5. Steep the tea leaves and wait the prefered brewing time. I wonder
if the golden rule is still be suitable for the present-day;
especially after the drastic change of World warII. I think this rule
may not have enough information for serving a good tea. Because: 1.
Nowadays we normally get good quality tea in Japan, and it is hard to
get a bad quality tea. 2. Warming the pot is not always necessary. It
changes depending on the kind of tea leaves and/or what pot is used.
3. Many people today have the common sense to how much tea should be
used. Moreover, the amount of tea also varies depending on what type
of black tea is used. 4. The condition and appropriate temperature of
the water varies depending on where you are. 5. Brewing time also
varies depending on what kind of tea leaves or tea pot is to be used.
For some tea leaves, as long as we follow this golden rule, we may
able to serve good tea. But I guess the people's preference is now so
diverse, that it is difficult to say if you following one rule is the
best way to serve tea. It is probably more important to make your own
rule using your own sense, and that will be a modern version of the
golden rule.