FoodBanter.com

-   Tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/)
-   -   Top ten for places to have a cup of tea (https://www.foodbanter.com/tea/415870-re-top-ten-places.html)

FG[_3_] 26-02-2012 12:17 PM

icetea8 wrote:
> The Top 10 list to have tea. (from Lonely Planet)
> 1. London
> 2. Trans-Siberian Railway, Russia/Central Asia
> 3. Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina
> 4. Yueyang (China)
> 5. Sahara Desert
> 6. Uji (Japan)
> 7. Inca Trail (Peru)
> 8. Boston (USA)
> 9. Darjeeling (India)
> 10. Hill Country (Sri Lanka)

no Taiwan? rubbish list! never take LP seriously in any case.

icetea8 28-02-2012 10:42 AM

Top ten for places to have a cup of tea

> no Taiwan? rubbish list! *never take LP seriously in any case.

11. Wuyi Mountain, China
12. Ali Mountain, Taiwan

hotelscyprus 29-02-2012 10:44 AM

Can't forget my tea at Argentina..and the list seems to be not in a great order. To me..I personally feel South American tea is better than anything else. May be perception differs from person to person.

FG[_3_] 29-02-2012 03:10 PM

On 2012-02-29 11:44, hotelscyprus wrote:
> Can't forget my tea at Argentina..and the list seems to be not in a
> great order. To me..I personally feel South American tea is better than
> anything else. May be perception differs from person to person.

i can't forget my Oriental Beauty in Taiwan.

did have 'tea' in Argentina all the time pic:
http://bonvivant.shutterfly.com/pictures/239

Scott Dorsey 06-03-2012 11:44 PM

FG > wrote:

>no Taiwan? rubbish list! never take LP seriously in any case.

The best place to have tea is wherever you are right now.
--scott

No Name 24-09-2012 02:26 AM

hotelscyprus > wrote:
> Can't forget my tea at Argentina..and the list seems to be not in a
> great order. To me..I personally feel South American tea is better than
> anything else. May be perception differs from person to person.

Were you drinking a tisane or real tea in Argentina? I've only seen real
So American tea from Bolivia.

Scott Dorsey 24-09-2012 03:37 PM

Top ten for places to have a cup of tea

In article >,
> wrote:
>hotelscyprus > wrote:
>> Can't forget my tea at Argentina..and the list seems to be not in a
>> great order. To me..I personally feel South American tea is better than
>> anything else. May be perception differs from person to person.

>Were you drinking a tisane or real tea in Argentina? I've only seen real
>So American tea from Bolivia.

Argentina actually grows huge amounts of tea, although most of it is pretty
low quality stuff. A large proportion of the Lipton's blends are sourced from
Argentina.
--scott

toci 24-09-2012 04:55 PM

On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 5:44:33 PM UTC-6, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> FG > wrote:
>

> >no Taiwan? rubbish list! never take LP seriously in any case.

> The best place to have tea is wherever you are right now.
>
> --scott

You beat me to it- my thought was, "There's no place like home." Toci

icetea8 10-01-2013 06:55 PM

Top ten for places to have a cup of tea

Seattle (USA)

toci 02-02-2013 12:20 PM

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:55:43 PM UTC-6, icetea8 wrote:
> Seattle (USA)

Bloom where you are planted. Toci

azizbd 28-05-2013 06:24 AM

1.Dushanbe Tea House