Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Ahmad Darjeeling Tea

A local Indian food store sells Ahmad Tea London, Darjeeling Tea. It is
quite inexpensive, itıs eight dollars for a 200 gram tin.

So, Iım wondering if anyone here is familiar with this tea, and if itıs
any good?

Thanks for your help.

Larry

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Ahmad in the 500g cardboard version is still $5. Its one of the penny/
gram teas Ive talked about in the past. You are getting a tin so less
tea and higher price. The Arabic stores dont rip people off. My
Arabic stores dont carry the tins anymore. Once upon a time Arabic
tins were the standard. Dont be afraid to use more tea at that price
per pot for a bigger bolder broader taste you cant find in finicky
Darjeeling estate teas. You can get a good second infusion but its
not like it is expensive. If you like going back to the roots you can
find 2 pennies/gram Lipton India Connoisseur Darjeeling which is my
benchmark for taste and price. There are different tastes in blended
cheap brands Darjeeling like the expensive single estate versions.

Jim

On Nov 5, 8:02*pm, Larry Weil > wrote:
> A local Indian food store sells Ahmad Tea London, Darjeeling Tea. *It is
> quite inexpensive, itıs eight dollars for a 200 gram tin.
>
> So, Iım wondering if anyone here is familiar with this tea, and if itıs
> any good?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Larry
>
> --
> Larry Weil
> Lake Wobegone, NH

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Larry Weil > wrote:
>A local Indian food store sells Ahmad Tea London, Darjeeling Tea. It is
>quite inexpensive, itıs eight dollars for a 200 gram tin.
>
>So, Iım wondering if anyone here is familiar with this tea, and if itıs
>any good?

Ahmad is a popular tea blender that makes several sort of mid-grade blends
for the Indian and Mideast markets.

Try it. It's probably got some darjeeling in it, though I doubt everything in
the box is actually from Darjeeling.

I never found any of the Ahmad blends to be any better than the other midrange
Indian teas, but I never found them to be much worse either.
--scott

We Cup Darjeeling Scott Dorsey Tea 15 04-05-2016 07:55 PM
Soapy flavour in Ahmad Earl Grey? Laitinen Saku Tea 15 14-11-2005 02:57 PM
Darjeeling Tea from direct Darjeeling Tea merchant benoythapa Tea 13 01-12-2004 04:46 AM
if you will converse Ahmad's ceiling throughout eggs, it will admiringly measure the sauce Ralph Angenendt Marketplace 0 21-04-2004 09:41 PM
Photos of Mr Ahmad!! Dmitry_Kharkov Tea 0 09-11-2003 02:18 PM