Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Darjeeling never fresh enough

Every year my local tea shoppe always stocks some Darjeeling estate
1st and 2nd flush from the late spring and fall respectively. This
year the 1st flush is from the Thurbo estate. It is tantalizing
complex with more fruity tones than muscatel. According to my tea
shoppe the 1st flush from this year suffers from drought so maybe the
taste suffers a little. They were happy to even stock this estate.
What struck me as I remember tasting Darjeeling flushes from the
previous years it always lacked a little umph or pizazz. It occurred
to me maybe the Darjeeling isnt fresh enough even when drank within
months of production. You would think every since the late 1800s the
Champagne of Teas would have a reputation of losing some of its
vitality with age which doesnt seem to be the case mentioned by its
connoisseurs. I still have Darjeeling from the mid 80s I enjoy very
much but more heavy than light. I know this argument can be applied
to any tea but I think it applies especially to Darjeeling.

Jim

We Cup Darjeeling Scott Dorsey Tea 15 04-05-2016 07:55 PM
Buying Fresh/Quality Darjeeling Tea Omkar Tea 6 26-03-2008 03:58 AM
Looking to try Darjeeling [email protected] Tea 14 27-11-2005 05:26 AM
Darjeeling Tea from direct Darjeeling Tea merchant benoythapa Tea 13 01-12-2004 05:46 AM
Go Fresh Produce, Inc., Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Go Fresh Dried Fruit Mix Duckie ® Recipes 0 29-05-2004 01:33 AM