Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Wisdom tooth extraction

In a recent post I described the anesthetic qualities of tea which
reduced the ache of wisdom tooth extraction. I would also like to add
the antiseptic qualities. Ive been drinking Ceylon green since the
procedure a week ago. It is one of the teas I classify as grotty. It
is bitter like a Temple of Heaven gunpowder. It removes any particles
and leave the area feeling squeaky clean. It cuts through any bad
taste. Not that any body cares at the Dentist who write prescriptions
for pain and germ control. Ive been very surprised at the medicinal
qualities of tea in this case.

Jim

PS I filled my Kevorkian narcotic pain prescription anyway.
Member

Jim, that is SOOOO good to know, since my last visit to the dentist caused such unusually high levels of pain compared to any previous visits that I was afraid to go back. the dentist said old people are more sensitive to pain. OUCH. I'll try drinking lots of tea before my next visit and see if it may help. I'm also going to be sure to take an advil before i go. I'm not taking any chances that I might miss something that could help. LOL three shots did nothing for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
In a recent post I described the anesthetic qualities of tea which
reduced the ache of wisdom tooth extraction. I would also like to add
the antiseptic qualities. Ive been drinking Ceylon green since the
procedure a week ago. It is one of the teas I classify as grotty. It
is bitter like a Temple of Heaven gunpowder. It removes any particles
and leave the area feeling squeaky clean. It cuts through any bad
taste. Not that any body cares at the Dentist who write prescriptions
for pain and germ control. Ive been very surprised at the medicinal
qualities of tea in this case.

Jim

PS I filled my Kevorkian narcotic pain prescription anyway.

Australian Wisdom vs. Tibetan Wisdom TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher Vegan 0 18-11-2011 08:35 PM
caffeine extraction [email protected] General Cooking 48 24-02-2007 03:59 AM
Long cork extraction postcard Wine 4 18-05-2006 09:27 PM
Questoin on Color extraction Pino Winemaking 15 18-01-2005 04:12 AM
Questoin on Color extraction Rob Winemaking 6 14-01-2005 04:27 AM