Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Numi Puerh

Imagine my surprise today as I went into the grocery store and found a box
of Numi Puerh tea. I did not even realize that they sold this sort of tea,
and even more I have been trying to find a local supplier of decent Puerh
for a while now.

Of course, I am rather skeptical of most teas that I find in the grocery
store. However, I bought a box to see what it was like and it isn't too
bad. It does not have as much flavor or earthiness as my last Puerh, but
it is pretty good nonetheless. Definitely an okay substitute while I wait
for better shipments to come in.

Aaron Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

The first tea blossoms I had were from Numi. I think raw and ripe
Puer is a developed taste. I prefer the ripe because it basically
deciding this one is worse than that one ;-). Raw is almost the
opposite, I like this one better than that one. Ripe is more fun
because recipes and batches keep you guessing. Raw steamed leaf needs
some time to acclimate to its environment. I love the smell of raw as
it lulls itself to sleep hibernating.

Jim

On Dec 16, 12:04 am, "Aaron W. Hsu" > wrote:
> Imagine my surprise today as I went into the grocery store and found a box
> of Numi Puerh tea. I did not even realize that they sold this sort of tea,
> and even more I have been trying to find a local supplier of decent Puerh
> for a while now.
>
> Of course, I am rather skeptical of most teas that I find in the grocery
> store. However, I bought a box to see what it was like and it isn't too
> bad. It does not have as much flavor or earthiness as my last Puerh, but
> it is pretty good nonetheless. Definitely an okay substitute while I wait
> for better shipments to come in.
>
> Aaron Hsu
>
> --
> Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:02:12 -0500, Space Cowboy >
wrote:

> I think raw and ripe
> Puer is a developed taste.

My problem with the Numi brand right now is that there is not enough real
flavor for it to set itself apart as a unique and fulfilling taste like
the other Puers that I have had. Maybe it will take a little time before I
come to understand the flavors in the Numi stuff, and it certainly is not
bad. It just isnt wowing at first.

On the other hand, their blending of Chocolate with Puerh is quite a good
idea I think. They have pulled that off well, IMO.

Aaron Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Everyone these days sells puer. The biggest disappointment are the
Hong Kong puer tea cannisters.

Jim

On Dec 16, 7:51 pm, "Aaron W. Hsu" > wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:02:12 -0500, Space Cowboy >
> wrote:
>
> > I think raw and ripe
> > Puer is a developed taste.

> My problem with the Numi brand right now is that there is not enough real
> flavor for it to set itself apart as a unique and fulfilling taste like
> the other Puers that I have had. Maybe it will take a little time before I
> come to understand the flavors in the Numi stuff, and it certainly is not
> bad. It just isn’t wowing at first.
>
> On the other hand, their blending of Chocolate with Puerh is quite a good
> idea I think. They have pulled that off well, IMO.
>
> Aaron Hsu
>
> --
> Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.

Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Hi Jim,

> I think raw and ripe Puer is a developed taste. I prefer the ripe
> because it basically deciding this one is worse than that one ;-).
> Raw is almost the opposite, I like this one better than that one.

*Heh.* Amusing note I could not agree more with!

I must admit that I do not manage to find ripe pu er which are worth of
interest except in a French shop named Maison des Trois Thés (Paris).
Incredible ripe teas can be found there (notably loose leaves n°15/1992,
n°16/1983, n°22/1996 or n°24/1998; Fu Zi Zhuan cubes 1987 and tuo cha
n°15/1994 are also interesting).

If someone knows shu cha equivalent to these references, do not hesitate
to tell where they can be found and bought on the Internet. Thanks!

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – C'est une bonne situation ça, scribe ?
– Oh, c'est une situation assise. » (Astérix)

Numi spring white Jonathan Tea 14 26-10-2006 04:40 PM
Try Puerh Jimmie Houchin Tea 6 02-09-2005 08:49 PM
Loose green puerh and pressed teas that are not puerh. Mike Petro Tea 2 24-05-2005 12:31 PM
Poo Poo Puerh Mike Petro Tea 40 12-03-2004 01:44 AM
puerh.net Tom Tea 6 22-02-2004 06:32 PM