Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Indian Munnar tea

Anybody have any. Laura Childs mentions it in her second book
Gunpowder Green in the Tea Shop Mystery series. It is a large tea
producing area in southern India. I didnt see any for sale in the
first couple of pages of Google hits. I suspect it ends up as
ubiquitous CTC. Drayton her so called tea master whisks up some
Japanese sencha into a broth which is deluded with hot water from a
tetsubin. I think she meant him to use matcha or at the minimum
gyokuro. After the PanYang thread I rushed down to Teavana and got me
some Golden Monkey. Very tasty and very expensive. I also got their
Copper Knot Hongcha from Yunnan. Equally tasty but affordable. Young
leaf and bud in the class of Black Gold and you dont have to wait for
your postal courier.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Space Cowboy > wrote:
>Anybody have any. Laura Childs mentions it in her second book
>Gunpowder Green in the Tea Shop Mystery series. It is a large tea
>producing area in southern India. I didnt see any for sale in the
>first couple of pages of Google hits. I suspect it ends up as
>ubiquitous CTC.

I had a Munnari CTC a couple years ago, from a local Indian market. I
am trying to think of the brand... it came in a small vinyl pouch and
it was pleasant but entirely undistinguished. There may be something better
out there; certainly there is a long history of tea making there and a
tea museum that is a big tourist attraction.
--scott
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

My sources of commercial Indian teas have just about dried up. It
seems the more Indians we get the less grocery stores we have. I was
at a British bar 5:30 AM for the EPL opener on Saturday between
Tottenham and MC. Nobody was drinking tea including me. I drank a
Snakebite with my Bangers and Mash.

Jim