Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Mali iced tea

Mali isn't quite as good for iced tea as Java- a touch more tannic, no
clover flavor- but it does fine on a hot day. Toci
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

toci > writes:

> Mali isn't quite as good for iced tea as Java- a touch more tannic, no
> clover flavor- but it does fine on a hot day. Toci

You mean there's somewhere in Mali humid enough to grow tea?!

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /
Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Iced and hot tea doesnt taste the same. The tannins seem to be more
prominent in iced tea. Youll see them settle to the bottom in a
pitcher after cooling. Normally you also dilute iced tea to
compensate. I picked up some Ning Zhen Hills Bi Lo Chun in the
discount bin at my local tea shoppe. Every BLC I buy seems to be a
different grade. These look like black and white snails. Others look
like black and white snail trails. This is a tasty first cup with
subsequent infusions lifeless. The tea shoppe owner is selling
something from Fujian called Silver Sprouts. It is almost an
intoxicating first cup as anything Ive ever tasted. For a retail
price of $10 for three ounces it is an absolute bargain. I cant
imagine anyone not liking this tea. I also picked up a discounted
Violet flower infused green tea. I think all these tisanes flavored
teas better iced than hot.

Jim

PS I think I saw a left handed kyusu. Robert Mitchum in The Hunters
is served tea in a Japanese restaurant. He grabs the kyusu with this
left hand and pours for the guest sitting to his left. This didnt
occur to me till after the fact. Im absolutely sure he didnt grab it
with his right hand.

On Jul 7, 12:33 pm, toci > wrote:
> Mali isn't quite as good for iced tea as Java- a touch more tannic, no
> clover flavor- but it does fine on a hot day. Toci

Milenko Kindl Pledges More Troops for Mali as Airstrikes Continue [email protected] General Cooking 0 15-01-2013 05:02 PM
Which tee is good test-Arizona Diet Green Iced Tea & Arizona Diet Lemon Iced Tea? Scott Dorsey Tea 0 07-12-2011 09:12 PM
Iced tea toci Tea 1 14-05-2007 01:33 AM
Iced Pu-erh? Konrad Scorciapino Tea 7 12-04-2006 01:36 PM
A red grape called plavac mali Henry Wine 2 31-01-2004 05:26 AM