Posted to rec.food.drink.tea

Default Da Guan King Hsuan

I was surprised to find Jin Xuan(King Hsuan) on the shelves.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29vmlg4.jpg

Commonly referred to as milk or silk tea. This is the natural flavor
No.12 cultivar experiment 2027 printed on the package. I smelled an
oily residue when I opened the box. I think left over from sealing
the nitrogen pack. When I broke the vacuum there was a wonderful
fresh aroma. It has a consistent light aroma and flavor. It is
medium to large whole leaf. It is picked later in the spring. The
leaves are moderately green not bright. This the fifth infusion. The
taste much better warm than hot. The perfect tea for a sore throat.
The price was $10/180g which is what you pay for an ounce on the
internet. The letters for Da Guan are in small print for the product
labeling. According to the internet it is a nature preserve in
Taiwan. The website is www.hytea.com.tw. They pack the CuiYu No.13
cultivar experiment 2029 but I didnt see it on the shelves. I have
what are called Taiwan jade teas but the cultivar and experiment
number would add provenance. Im going to stock up.

Jim

25 yr old aged tie guan yin magicleaf Tea 23 22-05-2007 01:51 AM
Spring Tie Guan Yin Mydnight Tea 4 25-05-2006 09:56 AM
Tie Guan Yin additives. Mydnight Tea 9 03-12-2005 03:40 AM
Nong Xiang Tie Guan Yin Mydnight Tea 2 12-04-2005 12:03 PM
the best tea, China Ti Guan Yin tea , Mr.wang lanter Tea 0 17-11-2004 02:08 AM